New pricing in handbook

chunda123 replied on 15/07/2019 18:06

Posted on 15/07/2019 18:06

We have been members for many years on and of since the 1970's and this is the first time I have had to write.

I don't like the new pricing in the 2019 handbook. We went to a site in Wales this June 2019

and it said in the handbook (I quote)  2019 prices from £8.90 per night for pitch and one adult.

However we paid over £23.00 for the night. That was for two adults. That means one second adult was £15.00. This was called a booking fee. The pricing is not clear. We looked

in the handbook and you now have to download the correct price guide. 

Sorry CMC this is a bit misleading.

Please bring back the old way of pricing.

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

young thomas replied on 16/07/2019 13:31

Posted on 16/07/2019 10:50 by moulesy

Anyone else spotted the advert for the much praised Woolacombe Bay site in this month's C&CC magazine? 

"Pitches from £6 per night" !

What do we think of that for "creative pricing"! undecided

Posted on 16/07/2019 13:31

if tried to test this theory out but couldn't make their booking system work very well"...undecided

moulesy replied on 16/07/2019 13:40

Posted on 16/07/2019 13:31 by young thomas

if tried to test this theory out but couldn't make their booking system work very well"...undecided

Posted on 16/07/2019 13:40

Best stick with the straight forward club system then! laughing

Cornersteady replied on 16/07/2019 13:43

Posted on 16/07/2019 13:43

I just printed off the booking email for our next visit, a 20p increase for an adult per night and 30p for the pitch per night (but that is a SP). Hardly the above inflation price rise people talk about?

I'll exhibit some maturity and just accept it I think.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/07/2019 13:56

Posted on 16/07/2019 13:56

Don’t forget though Corners, the prices went up in November, but were then hiked a second time to cover the underestimate for energy costs. I think that’s where some of the confusion lies.

Cornersteady replied on 16/07/2019 14:09

Posted on 16/07/2019 13:56 by Takethedogalong

Don’t forget though Corners, the prices went up in November, but were then hiked a second time to cover the underestimate for energy costs. I think that’s where some of the confusion lies.

Posted on 16/07/2019 14:09

yes, but I am basing my figures on the my bookings page and the original email so including both price rises it is still only 20/30p. Not  a huge amount. To put it into context, the whole trip (19 nights) increase would not cover one of our weekly family visits to Costa

young thomas replied on 16/07/2019 14:21

Posted on 16/07/2019 13:43 by Cornersteady

I just printed off the booking email for our next visit, a 20p increase for an adult per night and 30p for the pitch per night (but that is a SP). Hardly the above inflation price rise people talk about?

I'll exhibit some maturity and just accept it I think.

Posted on 16/07/2019 14:21

...but, as we move forward, if you book a break (say) now for early July 2020, won't the 'increased' prices (over today's prices) for that month already be on the 'my bookings' website and in one's confirmation...

and won't the booking now match the actual charge when you check in..?

with the advent of the rolling booking, doesn't the publishing of prices 'a year away' become the true 'next year price'?

as we now don't have 'cliff edge' blanket price increases, we should see the system gradually removing the need for adjustments at booking time, shouldn't we...?

i don't have any advance bookings to check...but can anyone see if a booking for (say) June 2020 is showing the proper next year's price and not 'today's price'.

showing next year's price means the system is gradually correcting itself with the advent of rolling prices

showing today's price means making adjustments at the till going forward....until some other action is taken.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook