Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

JVB66 replied on 07/11/2020 21:25

Posted on 07/11/2020 20:42 by DavidKlyne

JVB

The position of my motorhome waste point is neither here nor there if there is a proper purpose built place for me to dispose of my waste water. I am not sure how you can claim that massive amounts of money is being spent on behalf of a minority on members. I think the Club have mentioned that motorhomers currently make up about 40% of the membership and on current projections that percentage is likely to grow and even overtake the percentage of caravans. Even you have mentioned the possibility of going back to a motorhome! You are also a bit late in the day complaining about the money spent on motorhome waste points as so many have already been converted. However the real point here is that the Club decided to change its name to the Caravan and Motorhome Club with the purpose of encouraging motorhomers to join the Club. If that is their aim then they have to provide proper facilities. Having to bend and remove heavy drain covers is not providing proper facilities as it risks serious injury. Fortunately the Club have recognised they need to provide drive over waste dumps and have made reasonable progress.

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:25

Pardon?as most of your post has been advised to EGH by numerous staff not agreeing many moons agosurprised

Takethedogalong replied on 07/11/2020 21:27

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:27

We saw a few motor homers at Ferry Meadows that had found a solution. Right outside the toilet block was an ordinary storm drain, a simple culvert where rain water would drain off from the adjacent tarmac road, and off the slightly sloping apron in front of the loo blocks. Pull up, drain tap over it, and empty. Only worked going one way though, and needed tap on the near side. 

Life is a lot easier on a CL. Piece of pipe into hedgerow, job done. But always ask permission.

JVB66 replied on 07/11/2020 21:34

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:27 by Takethedogalong

We saw a few motor homers at Ferry Meadows that had found a solution. Right outside the toilet block was an ordinary storm drain, a simple culvert where rain water would drain off from the adjacent tarmac road, and off the slightly sloping apron in front of the loo blocks. Pull up, drain tap over it, and empty. Only worked going one way though, and needed tap on the near side. 

Life is a lot easier on a CL. Piece of pipe into hedgerow, job done. But always ask permission.

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:34

Oh had the notice about not useing the storm drain disappeared again when you used itsurprised

piece of pipe into correct emptying point also works on club sites save an lot of "dancing to get waste in tight position als would work on the upgraded MVSP as some still strugglewink

Bakers2 replied on 07/11/2020 21:43

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:43

My recollection of Ferry Meadows was that we, and several others, had to go against the one way system. If we used a storm drain on every visit, we were not alone. Sadly we've not been for a couple of years. If it was wrong the  club SHOULD provide a system suitable and fit for purpose. 

JVB you really don't have to defend the club singlehandedly πŸ˜‰ most folk try their best to dispose of ALL of their waste in the best way offered where they are and for the environment. That's my last comment on this subject.

DavidKlyne replied on 07/11/2020 23:51

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:25 by JVB66

Pardon?as most of your post has been advised to EGH by numerous staff not agreeing many moons agosurprised

Posted on 07/11/2020 23:51

Forgive me JVB but I just don't understand your reply in relation to the quote of my post. It would be useful if you added a bit more detail.  What have numerous staff advised to Club HQ and in what context? 

Takethedogalong replied on 08/11/2020 00:47

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:34 by JVB66

Oh had the notice about not useing the storm drain disappeared again when you used itsurprised

piece of pipe into correct emptying point also works on club sites save an lot of "dancing to get waste in tight position als would work on the upgraded MVSP as some still strugglewink

Posted on 08/11/2020 00:47

I don’t think I said that we used it? Only that we saw a few that did, it offering a simple solution.

We carry a collapsible bucket, and just empty tank daily into waste water points on Club Sites, saves getting stuck in a queue. We only did the fiasco of out and back into Barnard Castle, and the Rowntree Park Roundabout once to realise there was an easier optionπŸ˜‰ Even a drive over grid needs to be in right location. 

JVB66 replied on 08/11/2020 08:13

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:43 by Bakers2

My recollection of Ferry Meadows was that we, and several others, had to go against the one way system. If we used a storm drain on every visit, we were not alone. Sadly we've not been for a couple of years. If it was wrong the  club SHOULD provide a system suitable and fit for purpose. 

JVB you really don't have to defend the club singlehandedly πŸ˜‰ most folk try their best to dispose of ALL of their waste in the best way offered where they are and for the environment. That's my last comment on this subject.

Posted on 08/11/2020 08:13

The MVWP at FM was to be moved to the area of the grass pitch behind the existing point, But then along has come covid and put a stop to just about any but essential site maintenance,  money being spent on sites (letter dated July this year) and with the latest site closures it can only have got worse, even if with mostly high ocupancy of sites when hey opened again  

JVB66 replied on 08/11/2020 08:28

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:43 by Bakers2

Posted on 08/11/2020 08:28

I agree most folk do most things on sites and elsewhere correctly but as posted and reported so many times it is the few who do not think other people or common decency/courtesy matter (NC500 is a case) hence the antagonism (many can make mistakes which may inadvertently "upset" some) It is the blatant uncaring by some that spoils it for many

brue replied on 08/11/2020 08:47

Posted on 08/11/2020 08:47

As this thread is about the AGM the changes to the booking system will possibly be of most interest?

SteveL replied on 08/11/2020 09:21

Posted on 07/11/2020 21:34 by JVB66

Posted on 08/11/2020 09:21

Our wander hose was certainly required at this one (waste on left hand side) It is hard to believe that anyone designed this.πŸ€” Let's place it within a few inches of a wall !!πŸ˜‚

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook