Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

DavidKlyne replied on 08/11/2020 11:56

Posted on 08/11/2020 08:47 by brue

As this thread is about the AGM the changes to the booking system will possibly be of most interest?

Posted on 08/11/2020 11:56

I tend to agree Brue but as nothing has been announced it's difficult to speculate what might happen? The AGM hinted that because of the introduction of the new "Booking Engine" they were looking at elements of the system like deposits and perhaps a hint that they would look at cancellations again? The only firm thing that seemed to come out of it was the ability to book pitch surface for the 2022 season.

If the changes are radical, compared to what we have now, it will be interesting to see how they are accepted. Will it be another name change scenario or will the be measured acceptance? Hang on to your hatswink

David

GTP replied on 08/11/2020 12:35

Posted on 08/11/2020 11:56 by DavidKlyne

I tend to agree Brue but as nothing has been announced it's difficult to speculate what might happen? The AGM hinted that because of the introduction of the new "Booking Engine" they were looking at elements of the system like deposits and perhaps a hint that they would look at cancellations again? The only firm thing that seemed to come out of it was the ability to book pitch surface for the 2022 season.

If the changes are radical, compared to what we have now, it will be interesting to see how they are accepted. Will it be another name change scenario or will the be measured acceptance? Hang on to your hatswink

David

Posted on 08/11/2020 12:35

.. ..Will it be another name change scenario 

Given the DG's reaction when the dog related question was read out.... could this be the future.....

Caravan Motorhome and Canine Club ?? 

brue replied on 08/11/2020 15:11

Posted on 08/11/2020 11:56 by DavidKlyne

David

Posted on 08/11/2020 15:11

If I hung on to my hat it would have gone out of fashion by the time real changes occurred..   👩‍🌾wink

peedee replied on 13/11/2020 12:18

Posted on 08/11/2020 15:11 by brue

If I hung on to my hat it would have gone out of fashion by the time real changes occurred..   👩‍🌾wink

Posted on 13/11/2020 12:18

You never know the CLub's estimates for the changes minght be pessimistic.

peedee

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook