Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

JVB66 replied on 07/11/2020 17:57

Posted on 07/11/2020 17:25 by Bakers2

One accident? Pretty easy get out clause if you didn't want to resolve the issue in the first place.

There are lots of grated drains in various situations countrywide, and probably lots of folk who'll try to sue rather than take responsibility for their own actions......

Posted on 07/11/2020 17:57

I only know of the one at Commons Wood as it was part of many conversations we has with the then Managers (yes there were managers before the latest "idea) when being entertained in their site Park Homecool

SteveL replied on 07/11/2020 18:01

Posted on 07/11/2020 17:27 by JVB66

The mod i designed and fitted to our Autocruise encompassed what you "suggest" and would have been standard fit to all their models if they had not "gone under" with their factory and service centre being floodedsurprised

But even now quite often M/Vans "block"  other service points rather than queue behind several others to empty ,or fill up on their way to a pitchwink

Posted on 07/11/2020 18:01

Ours came with a wander hose provision but it still  doesn't get round lifting the manholes. Perhaps why some are using the other service points with open drains. I could certainly get close enough to reach to one of them. At the moment I can manage to lift the manholes, but if that changes it's what I will do in the absence of a proper drive over disposal.

brue replied on 07/11/2020 18:22

Posted on 07/11/2020 17:25 by Bakers2

One accident? Pretty easy get out clause if you didn't want to resolve the issue in the first place.

There are lots of grated drains in various situations countrywide, and probably lots of folk who'll try to sue rather than take responsibility for their own actions......

Posted on 07/11/2020 18:22

Yes, good point, there are grated drains everywhere...otherwise the water wouldn't go down! laughing 

JVB, congratulations on scoring an own goal. 👀

JVB66 replied on 07/11/2020 19:51

Posted on 07/11/2020 18:22 by brue

Yes, good point, there are grated drains everywhere...otherwise the water wouldn't go down! laughing 

JVB, congratulations on scoring an own goal. 👀

Posted on 07/11/2020 19:51

Read onwink

nelliethehooker replied on 07/11/2020 20:13

Posted on 07/11/2020 20:13

Despite the possible difficulties of lugging a full Waste Master to a disposal point at least caravanners know that when they get there they have an almost trouble free emptying point?

David Motorhome owners do also have that option, don't they?

DavidKlyne replied on 07/11/2020 20:42

Posted on 07/11/2020 14:56 by JVB66

I would not expect either of the clubs to "persuade?"the manufacturers  a letter to their trade body from both Uk  major clubs pointing out the "problems " that are affecting some members ,by their lack of thoughtful design with waste outlets may have some influence?for their UK at least markets

Your Bailey i would think as our friends waste is so close to the ground!!

When we had our Autocruise ,we always had it serviced at their Factory (bought from Marquisyell) and were in the process of modifying their M/Vans to how i had done ours, as when the design team via the service manager saw  it they realised that such a cheap and simple mod allowed me to empty the waste without the dance at emptying points laughing

Posted on 07/11/2020 20:42

JVB

The position of my motorhome waste point is neither here nor there if there is a proper purpose built place for me to dispose of my waste water. I am not sure how you can claim that massive amounts of money is being spent on behalf of a minority on members. I think the Club have mentioned that motorhomers currently make up about 40% of the membership and on current projections that percentage is likely to grow and even overtake the percentage of caravans. Even you have mentioned the possibility of going back to a motorhome! You are also a bit late in the day complaining about the money spent on motorhome waste points as so many have already been converted. However the real point here is that the Club decided to change its name to the Caravan and Motorhome Club with the purpose of encouraging motorhomers to join the Club. If that is their aim then they have to provide proper facilities. Having to bend and remove heavy drain covers is not providing proper facilities as it risks serious injury. Fortunately the Club have recognised they need to provide drive over waste dumps and have made reasonable progress.

SteveL replied on 07/11/2020 20:49

Posted on 07/11/2020 20:13 by nelliethehooker

Despite the possible difficulties of lugging a full Waste Master to a disposal point at least caravanners know that when they get there they have an almost trouble free emptying point?

Posted on 07/11/2020 20:49

Only if they cart one with them. We did in September, as we kept it from our caravaning days, because we weren't fully using the facilities in a 3 / 4 days stay it saved moving the van to empty / fill. In normal times we would fill on arrival / empty on leaving and leave the waste master at home.

DavidKlyne replied on 07/11/2020 20:50

Posted on 07/11/2020 20:13 by nelliethehooker

Posted on 07/11/2020 20:50

Nellie

Something I often do as it is easier than having to lift heavy drain covers but we are really talking about campsite facilities being fit for purpose. See my other post. If the Club is encouraging motorhomers to join the club they have to provide proper facilities. As I mentioned progress has been quite good but there is work to do.

David

JVB66 replied on 07/11/2020 20:57

Posted on 07/11/2020 20:57

How do M/vans cope on the majority of CLs&CSs  open the waste to empty on the way out as some do whenleaving club sitesundecided 

We normally use FM a lot and it is a regular practice when leaving the site they stop in Ham lane and open the waste outlet valvesurprised

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook