2022 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 25/03/2022 16:29

Posted on 25/03/2022 16:29

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month in 2022. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

We now have a dedicated page on the website which will show the most recently opened CL sites and will be updated monthly.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

Thanks

Maddie

Wherenext replied on 09/08/2022 21:04

Posted on 09/08/2022 21:04

What a strange mixture this month.

7 non EHU in August, 9 with Enhanced pitches, and just 2 "traditional" with EHU.

Enhanced pitches ranging from £20 -30 per night and the 2 "traditional ones £18 and £22. Non EHU ranging from £12 -£16 p.n. so everyone seeing a higher average on new CLs than they were previously used to, if you use them of course.

I'll leave you lot to pick the bones out of it.

cyberyacht replied on 10/08/2022 11:31

Posted on 10/08/2022 11:31

I notice one of the new non EHU sites want £20 a night. No apparent USP to justify a price like that AFAICS.  A couple of the others are a more sensible £12 a night. It would have to be a bit special to pay more than that for a non EHU one.

CLMaddie replied on 29/09/2022 12:21

Posted on 29/09/2022 12:21

Hi All

The please see below a list of sites which opened and closed in August

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL siteSites with a * next to the CL name were previous sites that closed and have now decided to reopen as a CL.

Sites opened in August

Sites closed in August

• Cheshire - Congleton - Waggon and Horses
  • Cornwall - Helston - Gear Farm
  • County Durham - Consett - Whickham Grange Farm
  • Cumbria - Wigton - Lowther Farm
  • Devon - Axminster - New House Farm
  • Gwynedd - Aberdaron - Bodfford
  • Gwynedd - Pwllheli - Coed Y Llan
  • Herefordshire - Hereford - Brampton Golf Course
  • Kent - Hythe - Bellfield Farm
  • Lincolnshire - Boston - Willow Farm
  • Lincolnshire - Lincoln - Carriers Farm
  • Lincolnshire - Spalding - Blue Bell
  • Shropshire - Ludlow - Burnt House Farm
  • Shropshire - Market Drayton - Longslow Caravan Site
  • Staffordshire - Leek - Paddock Farm
  • Staffordshire - Stone - Woodview CL
  • Wiltshire - Calne - The Duke Hotel
  • Worcestershire - Worcester - Manor Farm

Thanks

Maddie

Hja replied on 29/09/2022 15:55

Posted on 09/08/2022 20:13 by harryb

Just a thought on off-grid cl's. The title is fairly straight forward but to put another slant on it, what if a site has ehu but to be paid by a meter card. Will that constitute and off-grid cl for those that want it to.

Posted on 29/09/2022 15:55

I think the issue of metering will become more important as energy cost increase. I was browsing some CLs the other day and noticed a couple saying they were going to be doing some form of metering. I hasten to say I was browsing on the booking CL site NOT the club site!

I was particularly interested because we are considering upgrading our electrics to allow more off grid or metered sites. We have a compressor fridge so our current system only allows one night off grid.

Hja replied on 29/09/2022 15:57

Posted on 29/09/2022 15:57

A shame about the drop in sites in August. It was useful when the reason was given. 

Hja replied on 30/09/2022 10:30

Posted on 29/09/2022 18:19 by nelliethehooker

I wonder if the new list is a sign of the times, 7 new sites of which 5 are non-EHU and 18 closures!

Posted on 30/09/2022 10:30

Yes. And two of those without ehu have hardstandings which is good for motorhomes. Interesting that the Fife site describes itself as a long-standing CL.

nelliethehooker replied on 30/09/2022 19:37

Posted on 30/09/2022 10:30 by Hja

Yes. And two of those without ehu have hardstandings which is good for motorhomes. Interesting that the Fife site describes itself as a long-standing CL.

Posted on 30/09/2022 19:37

If I remembered correctly it was a CL but closed a couple of years ago. I think that it was used by a regular poster on here, and perhaps was owned by one of their relations, although I could be wrong in that respect.

Skybarn Farm CL replied on 02/10/2022 15:12

Posted on 29/09/2022 15:55 by Hja

I think the issue of metering will become more important as energy cost increase. I was browsing some CLs the other day and noticed a couple saying they were going to be doing some form of metering. I hasten to say I was browsing on the booking CL site NOT the club site!

I was particularly interested because we are considering upgrading our electrics to allow more off grid or metered sites. We have a compressor fridge so our current system only allows one night off grid.

Posted on 02/10/2022 15:12

Hi hja

We are one of those CLs which has just moved to metering for all electric used.  We now have one set pitch fee of £20 for our CL site near Lincoln.  All electric will be charged for at our energy supplier's variable rate tariff at the time of your stay.

If our visitors prefer to rely on solar panels and gas and not use any electricity that's absolutely fine.  I know there are other CLs doing this and probably, in time, more will follow.  You would still get the use of our fully serviced hard standing pitches enabling you to have running water into your van/motorhome if you wish, and our free and fast WiFi along with everything else we offer.

Skybarn Farm CL

obbernockle replied on 02/10/2022 16:55

Posted on 02/10/2022 15:12 by Skybarn Farm CL

Hi hja

We are one of those CLs which has just moved to metering for all electric used.  We now have one set pitch fee of £20 for our CL site near Lincoln.  All electric will be charged for at our energy supplier's variable rate tariff at the time of your stay.

If our visitors prefer to rely on solar panels and gas and not use any electricity that's absolutely fine.  I know there are other CLs doing this and probably, in time, more will follow.  You would still get the use of our fully serviced hard standing pitches enabling you to have running water into your van/motorhome if you wish, and our free and fast WiFi along with everything else we offer.

Skybarn Farm CL

Posted on 02/10/2022 16:55

We have been to your great CL a few times, right from when it started. I am sure your research would have found that installing a metering system can be done in several ways. What system have you installed?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook