Dog walking recommendations

Builder29 replied on 08/04/2022 14:51

Posted on 08/04/2022 14:51

Good afternoon all

I am looking for recommendations for CLs within a 100mile radius of Lincoln with great walks with dogs direct from site.

Easy enough I suppose but always good to work off a recommend.

Thanks in advance   

Takethedogalong replied on 10/04/2022 09:53

Posted on 10/04/2022 09:53

Another lovely CL, within your 100 radius is Ashfield Caravan Site in Lockton on the North Yorkshire Moors. Footpath adjacent will take you as far as you want to go, right to Levisham if you don’t mind a lung busting climb or two! Or walk through village, cross main road across Moors and you pick up another bridle path that will take you into Dalby Forest. Stunning location.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/north-yorkshire/pickering/ashfield-caravan-site/

Wherenext replied on 10/04/2022 19:42

Posted on 10/04/2022 19:42

You would be hard pressed to find a CL in the heart of the peak District, say from Castleton down to Ashbourne that didn't have a walk direct from site. I've just had a quick check of the dog friendly sites under Buxton and of the 6 I have stayed at 4 of them and found a walk on P.Fs that are either good enough in their own right or lead you onto a "Dale" that is.

I have stayed at a few that come under Ashbourne, such as Brundcliffe Farm, that has access to the High Peak trail plus PFs from site. I would suggest you read the reviews of sites in this area as anyone with a dog usually mentions walks.

Takethedogalong replied on 11/04/2022 09:58

Posted on 11/04/2022 06:47 by Builder29

Thank you all for advice …. Never been to the Dales but we will it a go …. 

Posted on 11/04/2022 09:58

Derbyshire Dales, or Yorkshire Dales. If you visit either with a dog, be aware their are lots, and I mean lots of sheep everywhere. Fabulous walking though. 

There are hundreds of very good CLs to enjoy with dogs. Some have very good dog walks. Top tip I can give is decide on area to visit, then use an OS map that will give you all the footpaths and bridleways and how they link up, terrain they cover, if you can do a nice circular walk.

Wherenext replied on 11/04/2022 15:30

Posted on 11/04/2022 15:30

Flamborough/Bridlington falls within your 100 miles request. The following C.L. couldn't be better for dog walking. You walk out of the C.L., turn left on a path that leads directly to the coast path. Turn right for Sewerby Hall and Brid or right for a nice long walk to Flamborough lighthouse and seabird cliffs. All off road.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/east-riding-of-yorkshire/bridlington/hartendale-farm/

nelliethehooker replied on 11/04/2022 21:38

Posted on 11/04/2022 15:30 by Wherenext

Flamborough/Bridlington falls within your 100 miles request. The following C.L. couldn't be better for dog walking. You walk out of the C.L., turn left on a path that leads directly to the coast path. Turn right for Sewerby Hall and Brid or right for a nice long walk to Flamborough lighthouse and seabird cliffs. All off road.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/east-riding-of-yorkshire/bridlington/hartendale-farm/

Posted on 11/04/2022 21:38

Two rights can result in ........... going in the same direction twice!!laughingwink

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook