Caravan club Wi-Fi is rubbish

Annie Jeanes replied on 12/11/2021 19:54

Posted on 12/11/2021 19:54

When will the club get the Wi-Fi sorted? Once again I have purchased time and am finding it impossible to log out of one device to use another. What is all this log out nonsense? Surely you should be able to just disconnect on one device and then connect on another. I keep wasting expensive minutes trying to log out. 

JVB66 replied on 29/05/2022 15:42

Posted on 29/05/2022 15:36 by NutsyH

Its not all rubbish. Just returned from the Knaresborough site. Due to poor 4g reception and inability to get a TV signal (amplifier packed up) I paid for camp wifi for the first time , not expecting much.

On the contrary, we had a strong signal and I ran a speed test on my phone - download speed of 46mbs. We were able to watch all TV channels on my Amazon Fire stick with no buffering.

Posted on 29/05/2022 15:42

Where we live the signal for EE 02,and 3 is very poor,

replied on 29/05/2022 16:06

Posted on 29/05/2022 16:06

Content has been removed.

NutsyH replied on 30/05/2022 07:43

Posted on 29/05/2022 15:42 by JVB66

Where we live the signal for EE 02,and 3 is very poor,

Posted on 30/05/2022 07:43

I live in a small village in West Oxfordshire. There is NO EE, vodaphone or O2 signal nor any 4G reception. We have to use calling over wifi from the house. Mercifully nothing works in the garden wink

Tinwheeler replied on 30/05/2022 08:41

Posted on 30/05/2022 08:41

Meanwhile, back to CAMC site wifi and it really is poor that in this day and age something better than the shabby offering from Air Angel can't be supplied.

brue replied on 30/05/2022 09:17

Posted on 29/05/2022 15:36 by NutsyH

Its not all rubbish. Just returned from the Knaresborough site. Due to poor 4g reception and inability to get a TV signal (amplifier packed up) I paid for camp wifi for the first time , not expecting much.

On the contrary, we had a strong signal and I ran a speed test on my phone - download speed of 46mbs. We were able to watch all TV channels on my Amazon Fire stick with no buffering.

Posted on 30/05/2022 09:17

Yes just occasionally the site WiFi  even if poor will give a signal and it's  free if access only to CAMC is needed. We had non existent  signals when away recently and considered signing up for a day. On C&cc and other sites we signed in every day thanks to free provision on offer.

Wherenext replied on 30/05/2022 19:11

Posted on 30/05/2022 19:11

Why oh Why do people continue to buy this rubbish?

There are non contract monthly deals that will deliver far more than the CAMC Air Angel gives you.

And please don't use the old adage of "it's in the country so signal is bad" trope.

We are having no problems finding wifi abroad in the countryside. And UK users can buy monthly no contract deals that will deliver for less than they are being charged by Air Angel. Our current Smarty deal is giving us 12 GBs and that is in the EU (no roaming charges and free UK calls) and you can get more in the UK.

Stop being suckered into bad deals. Ditch Air Angel and get yourself a better deal elsewhere.

DavidKlyne replied on 30/05/2022 21:33

Posted on 30/05/2022 19:11 by Wherenext

Why oh Why do people continue to buy this rubbish?

There are non contract monthly deals that will deliver far more than the CAMC Air Angel gives you.

And please don't use the old adage of "it's in the country so signal is bad" trope.

We are having no problems finding wifi abroad in the countryside. And UK users can buy monthly no contract deals that will deliver for less than they are being charged by Air Angel. Our current Smarty deal is giving us 12 GBs and that is in the EU (no roaming charges and free UK calls) and you can get more in the UK.

Stop being suckered into bad deals. Ditch Air Angel and get yourself a better deal elsewhere.

Posted on 30/05/2022 21:33

There will, of course, be those who may think they are not tech savvy enough to set up a tethering arrangement, either because they don't want to commit to monthly plans or perhaps because the don't have a phone capable of sharing the data. Some will find it easier to rely on site WiFi. We moved to using 4G data a few years ago but you do sometimes find places, albeit getting rarer, where there is no mobile 4G signal. Buxton and Clumber spring to mind. The expectation for using WiFi is much greater than it was when the Club first set up the system and they have struggled to keep up. The issue I have with the club's WiFi is that for occasional use its very expensive, costing as much for a week as it does for a month of mobile data!!!

David

SamRo replied on 07/06/2022 20:21

Posted on 28/05/2022 10:53 by SamRo

Hi, apologies if in wrong place. Before heading off on a few months of travels I checked Club website to find Wi-Fi speed for Cayton, (brilliant staff and impressive site btw). Claims to start at 25 Mbps, not too shabby. Checked other sites that I have bookings for, all quite fast. Decided to buy annual £30 package so could continue remote working. Arrived, bought package which when tested using fast.com peaks at 1, yes one Mbps. Checked 4G on mobile, steady 14 Mbps. Is this discrepancy common across all sites? Secondly, anyone got any tips on getting higher speeds out of the Club Wi-Fi? The other club’s Wi-Fi is spot on and much better.

Posted on 07/06/2022 20:21

Dear All, bit of a follow up on my original post.  Arrived back home today after a few weeks away.  Two days after complaint lodged to CAMC I received an email from them stating that they had forwarded my complaint and that their supplier, Freshwave, would deal with my complaint within 20 days.  Following morning I received a call from Freshwave representative who discussed the screenshots that I had sent to CAMC.  He agreed that the speed didn't meet the standard and that I would receive a full refund.  Checked credit card and it was refunded on 3 June.  Pretty quick I think.  Freshwave Group, East Grinstead.  RH19 1 TU.  Wi-Fi Support on 0192 56 11 066.  laughing

Tinwheeler replied on 07/06/2022 20:33

Posted on 07/06/2022 20:21 by SamRo

Dear All, bit of a follow up on my original post.  Arrived back home today after a few weeks away.  Two days after complaint lodged to CAMC I received an email from them stating that they had forwarded my complaint and that their supplier, Freshwave, would deal with my complaint within 20 days.  Following morning I received a call from Freshwave representative who discussed the screenshots that I had sent to CAMC.  He agreed that the speed didn't meet the standard and that I would receive a full refund.  Checked credit card and it was refunded on 3 June.  Pretty quick I think.  Freshwave Group, East Grinstead.  RH19 1 TU.  Wi-Fi Support on 0192 56 11 066.  laughing

Posted on 07/06/2022 20:33

That’s a good outcome.

I suggest you spend the refunded money on mobile data instead. 👍🏻

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook