New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Cornersteady replied on 13/01/2022 16:24

Posted on 13/01/2022 15:45 by JollyKernow

Afternoon

You're far from alone Steve. Experience Freedom has proved very successful, lots of families joining up on site with others in their tourers. I'm sure it will grow more in the next couple of yearswink. I'm even booking one for a week in the summer so the family can all get together. Bit of a strange concept to some I guess but people like meeting up on our sites, who'd have thought!

Good job we're all different eh?

JK

Posted on 13/01/2022 16:24

+1, we used one when they were booked for family but they couldn't make it. Had all mod-cons as I've said above and a veranda with chairs, a picnic bench, an outside box to storeboots and things and brick BBQ and parasol. They even supplied a mini self light bbq thing.

All the other ones were in full use too, this was at Troutbeck Head. I must admit it was far easier that towing and setting up and would certainly use them again in winter rather than tow.

Cornersteady replied on 13/01/2022 16:25

Posted on 13/01/2022 11:36 by Navigateur

Who cleans the static, glamp tent, pod, teepee, whatever between visitors?  And to what standard? If it is done properly it must incur a huge cost, especially when people want to use them for one or two nights for "touring" rather than long term stays.

The only people who will be paying for it are the users, of course.

Posted on 13/01/2022 16:25

The ones at the club site I was on was cleaned by the wardens. And they one we had was very clean.

Arch replied on 13/01/2022 16:57

Posted on 13/01/2022 16:57

Troutbeck site march 31st 7 nights 2 people , Glamping pod £743, Standard pitch with awning £226

SteveL replied on 13/01/2022 16:59

Posted on 13/01/2022 16:57 by Arch

Troutbeck site march 31st 7 nights 2 people , Glamping pod £743, Standard pitch with awning £226

Posted on 13/01/2022 16:59

Bit cold and uncomfortable if you have not got an RV though.😂

Arch replied on 13/01/2022 17:10

Posted on 13/01/2022 16:59 by SteveL

Bit cold and uncomfortable if you have not got an RV though.😂

Posted on 13/01/2022 17:10

It may be cold and uncomfortable in the pod but certainly not in my unit, as warm as toast with all conveniences and £500 in my pocket

Cornersteady replied on 13/01/2022 17:15

Posted on 13/01/2022 16:57 by Arch

Posted on 13/01/2022 17:15

Yes and if you've got a caravan or MH it is no contest is it? 

Or it is? I have a caravan and have used one, and it might mean a lot to someone for various reasons to stay at that location and/or site and/or not have to tow? 

Of course if you haven't got a caravan/MH then that cost of getting one, hiring one, has to be factored in?

But as always one isn't forced to buy the use of a cabin there, but at the times I've been there they always seem to be well used?

btw the price you've quoted is 2 adults and one child in a 'universally accessible' cabin. The price for four adults and two children is £953. Again high or not is for the person paying to decide?

Cornersteady replied on 13/01/2022 17:22

Posted on 13/01/2022 16:19 by Cornersteady

Depends what you man by pod? A pod on a club site is not the same as a pod elsewhere. On club sites pod are wooden cabins with heating and lighting and I think power outlet, cabins are better equipped and have large lounge area, toilets, showers, large tv (with separate inputs for playstations), power and USB sockets, fridge, and best of all for us a diswasher!

Posted on 13/01/2022 17:22

Sorry Kj, there are camping pods as described above and there are glamping pods which have toilets and showers, heating and lighting, tvs... but not so much kitchen equipment as a cabin - still a fridge but just enough to make 'light meals' and snacks.

Arch replied on 13/01/2022 17:49

Posted on 13/01/2022 17:15 by Cornersteady

Yes and if you've got a caravan or MH it is no contest is it? 

Or it is? I have a caravan and have used one, and it might mean a lot to someone for various reasons to stay at that location and/or site and/or not have to tow? 

Of course if you haven't got a caravan/MH then that cost of getting one, hiring one, has to be factored in?

But as always one isn't forced to buy the use of a cabin there, but at the times I've been there they always seem to be well used?

btw the price you've quoted is 2 adults and one child in a 'universally accessible' cabin. The price for four adults and two children is £953. Again high or not is for the person paying to decide?

Posted on 13/01/2022 17:49

I would think a membership club called The Caravan and Motorhome Club main purpose was to cater for caravan and motorhome users, how many more pitches would be made available without pods etc the availability of pitches being the main reason for this discussion.

JVB66 replied on 13/01/2022 18:04

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:04

arch

It looks by your post you have not really used the majority of sites that have had pods and other types of Experience Freedom accommodation installed ,as you would then have noticed they are normally in areas that would not be suitable for pitches to be installed because of access or ground conditions unsuitable for LVs,

Cornersteady replied on 13/01/2022 18:15

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:15

the availability of pitches being the main reason for this discussion

I don't see that at all, I though it this thread was about was about the new booking system and T&C?

No matter, to answer you question at TH about eight SP pitches (not standard pitches so unless one is keen on SP one wouldn't be affected) were converted to these cabins.

And yes it does cater for the club members in my view, I can take my family away with me and of course it generates more income throughout the year? At your own figures each cabin will generate an extra £500 per week per pitch and that money can be used to make more refurbishments, new sites.... Extra money is always welcome?

I think if they were on every site you might have a point but the are not, but they are certainly proving their worth.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook