New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Arch replied on 13/01/2022 18:15

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:15

If you have the land access and and levels are a minor problem.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 13/01/2022 18:26

Posted on 13/01/2022 14:11 by eurortraveller

Is that still about pods?

One of us in my family has said for years , “We have rented a house in the Scillies, or Brittany, orProvence, or Raileh beach at Krabi, or Koh Samui ..are you in with us?”.

Vegan food is this year’s fad. Pods were the fad two or three years ago. I hope this club knows what they are doing.

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:26

Vegan food a fad eurot?🤣🤣, the fad of Veganism has been around since the 1940’s(that’s the last century btw👍🏻)

JVB66 replied on 13/01/2022 18:27

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:27

They are a minor problem when installing Experience Freedom  accommodation 

But then as you seem to just be trying to make a point when there is not one ,then you will not hear from me again on this post 

Arch replied on 13/01/2022 18:29

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:15 by Cornersteady

the availability of pitches being the main reason for this discussion

I don't see that at all, I though it this thread was about was about the new booking system and T&C?

No matter, to answer you question about eight SP pitches (not standard pitches so unless one is keen on SP one wouldn't be affected) were converted to these cabins.

And yes it does cater for the club members in my view, I can take my family away with me and of course it generates more income throughout the year? At your own figures each cabin will generate an extra £500 per week per pitch and that money can be used to make more refurbishments, new sites.... Extra money is always welcome?

I think if they were on every site you might have a point bt the are not, but they are certainly proving their worth.

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:29

I thought the lack of pitch availability was the main driver for the new booking system and TCs, by your reasoning that pods etc generate so much more income how long will it be before pods etc turn up at most site's, I'm not against glamping, cabins or any other sort of accommodation but there are a great number of other outlets that provide them, why use our club.

SteveL replied on 13/01/2022 18:41

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:29 by Arch

I thought the lack of pitch availability was the main driver for the new booking system and TCs, by your reasoning that pods etc generate so much more income how long will it be before pods etc turn up at most site's, I'm not against glamping, cabins or any other sort of accommodation but there are a great number of other outlets that provide them, why use our club.

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:41

but there are a great number of other outlets that provide them, why use our club.

Possibly because a lot of members and there families make use of them. Not quite as good a reunion when they are on another site several miles away.

Cornersteady replied on 13/01/2022 18:42

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:29 by Arch

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:42

Well I don't see this thread is about that, it's a done deal, the cause is immaterial,  so I viewed this thread was about what the T&C will be. 

I have no idea, I suppose enjoy it while you can? In my view it's not harming 'normal' club pitching, or if it is in a very small way, and generating more income, win win! 

Personally I'd rather the money came to the club than another provider, they are proving popular and the club should cash in on that, and not everyone has a LV or can tow, and it might be the future.

But as the club only as about 10% of caravan sites plenty more sites left for anyone to choose from. Some I'm told are better anyway.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/01/2022 19:01

Posted on 13/01/2022 19:01

Glamping pods, yurts, innovative caravans of lots of different styles have been around for quite a while, in fact the Club have come to see their value and popularity quite late to be honest.

People are all different, and what suits one person, is another person’s don’t go there! Doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong in a persons choice, and it’s rather closed minded to dismiss anything without at least finding out what is involved, let alone actually trying things out. Classic example for me was a coach tour I found myself booking. Never in a million years did I ever see myself on a coach tour, but it turned out to be a lovely, relaxed and brilliant week, totally focussed on lovely gardens and historic places. And shared with open minded, informed others as well, so a very friendly week.  

cyberyacht replied on 14/01/2022 10:27

Posted on 14/01/2022 10:27

Given the limited number of pods/cabins/lodges available across the network, they will get booked up very early in the year I suspect. The suggestion that they are merely the "new style" touring is, IMHO, ludicrous. Whilst pitches may, sometimes, not be available there will always be somewhere that you can pitch up. If anyone thinks putting a tour together for a caravan/motorhome is difficult, you try it with pods.

I would imagine that my touring days will be over by the end of the decade or fairly soon thereafter so this development is unlikely to impact on me. As for affordability, leaving aside the capital investment in an LV, some of which is recoverable upon sale, I can't see the younger generation finding "podding" more cost effective.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/01/2022 10:45

Posted on 14/01/2022 10:45

With regards to the Club, using the term “touring” is a bit of a grey area anyway. The majority of caravans, and quite a high number of larger MH’s, simply plonk down on one Site for the duration. Aside from being hauled from a home address, and then hauled back again, the only touring element is simply using a different base Club Site. So pods of all kinds, and other forms of accommodation the Club puts on its Club Sites fit this scenario. Personally, I think offering alternative accommodation is a good move, and it’s making good use of some Club Site areas that aren’t suitable for pitches for one reason or another. Out of season, prices are discounted, and with luck and flexibility of travel dates, there are some absolute bargain stays to be had. I am certainly considering using one to give Mum a break, at 93, she can’t cope with the MH anymore, but the accessible glamping pods look ideal. 

JVB66 replied on 14/01/2022 10:46

Posted on 14/01/2022 10:27 by cyberyacht

Given the limited number of pods/cabins/lodges available across the network, they will get booked up very early in the year I suspect. The suggestion that they are merely the "new style" touring is, IMHO, ludicrous. Whilst pitches may, sometimes, not be available there will always be somewhere that you can pitch up. If anyone thinks putting a tour together for a caravan/motorhome is difficult, you try it with pods.

I would imagine that my touring days will be over by the end of the decade or fairly soon thereafter so this development is unlikely to impact on me. As for affordability, leaving aside the capital investment in an LV, some of which is recoverable upon sale, I can't see the younger generation finding "podding" more cost effective.

Posted on 14/01/2022 10:46

Modern housing estates that is being thrown together to meet government targets ,  ,and our ever expanding population,  are crammed in to make as much profit, for the builder in the smallest areas, and also many new builds are in this area are apartments  , 

If noticed the properties,  if they are houses,  have minimal space to park any vehicles without thinking of any LV above a vw camper type

One of the reasons it seems the growth in tent camping as the kit is easier to store,

Otherwise on top of the purchase price of a caravan and larger tow vehicle? or a motorcaravan, both of which will require storage away from your property at considerable cost,  £745 here

So IMHO the growth of alternatives will just get more popular ,as it seems many camping, site providers are realising

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook