New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

JollyKernow replied on 15/01/2022 13:13

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:52 by Takethedogalong

Yes I appreciate you tour your way across to your principle destination. I had the fortnight stay in one spot in mind really. I doubt the Club would want folks hopping on after one night via the pods though, that’s an awful lot of cleaning for one night. 

It looks as though you will be able to hop down to say Cornwall on the one booking experience though, if folks like to do it via Club Sites. Example for us would be Home to Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury to Exeter, Exeter to Godrevy, all via one visit to the bookings page. At the moment, something like that would be three separate bookings. 

Posted on 15/01/2022 13:13

With availability TTDA you could book all that tour in one hit, just collect all your bookings into "your basket" so to speak. We've done a similar thing whilst training, very simple to do and while each site is in your "basket" that pitch (whatever surface you've chosen) is held for a time period (not sure of the timer).

There, thread back on topiclaughing

JK

young thomas replied on 15/01/2022 14:13

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:45 by Takethedogalong

Perhaps someone who has used the overseas booking experience can tell us how good it is? It looks as they the UK Sites booking is going to be very similar. 

Posted on 15/01/2022 14:13

The thing is, unless you're an overseas newbie, most folk 'might' book their ferry with the club (or BF if you have a discount code) but most savvy travellers will deal either directly with a site (for longer term stays) as we have done or not book at all (applies to most of the year) and just pitch up as and when, confident that there will be a pitch...

of course, for some there will be the comfort of booking through 'their club' and having everything lined up well in advance, even though there are better deals out there and a much, much wider choice than that offered by CAMC.

I don't doubt (one for JVC there😉) the club's offering might consist of tried and tested sites, but such a small number 'in the book' cant cover such a large area as France and Spain.

so, I can't say how well the website performed for us as we booked with BF and directly with our long term site for the first part of our break.

young thomas replied on 15/01/2022 14:18

Posted on 15/01/2022 12:59 by Tinwheeler

Apparently it was 'broke'. Rowena had explained the reasoning behind the change.

Quite a lot of us think it is a backward step but it’s done and it’s too late now to turn the clock back.

Posted on 15/01/2022 14:18

Well, it's not actually 'done' until the new system is implemented....

the club 'could' change its mind, 'could' stop the site manager/office training, etc

Its never too late to tune in to 'public comment', even for Boris....and certainly not too late for the club...

yes, it would have wasted time and money, and would be more than a little embarrassed...

the prime issue of cancellations can be greatly minimised by just a change in the 'free cancel period' from 72 hrs to (say) 3 weeks as has been suggested many times here...

Moderator comment: Moderated part of this post due to concern about language.

eurortraveller replied on 15/01/2022 14:35

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:45 by Takethedogalong

Perhaps someone who has used the overseas booking experience can tell us how good it is? It looks as they the UK Sites booking is going to be very similar. 

Posted on 15/01/2022 14:35

Ttda, As it’s you who is asking …I would help if I could., but even after all those years overseas since 1972 I can’t say I ever booked overseas sites with the Club - and like many other people I rarely booked overseas sites at all.   But it might be worth asking again in the overseas section if you would like advice about it.
Best regards to you.

replied on 15/01/2022 14:59

Posted on 15/01/2022 14:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/01/2022 15:17

Posted on 15/01/2022 15:17

Content has been removed.

DavidKlyne replied on 15/01/2022 15:31

Posted on 15/01/2022 15:31

There is always the risk that long established threads will "wander",  I am inclined to keep it open as its such an important topic. However I may have to start to delete those posts that are clearly not to do with the new booking system. Don't forget, everyone has the option not to contribute rather than taking a thread off topic?

David

brue replied on 15/01/2022 15:37

Posted on 15/01/2022 15:37

I would imagine when the new system goes live that CAMC and Ro will start a new thread. So this is good to keep open at present.smile

Takethedogalong replied on 15/01/2022 16:19

Posted on 15/01/2022 13:13 by JollyKernow

With availability TTDA you could book all that tour in one hit, just collect all your bookings into "your basket" so to speak. We've done a similar thing whilst training, very simple to do and while each site is in your "basket" that pitch (whatever surface you've chosen) is held for a time period (not sure of the timer).

There, thread back on topiclaughing

JK

Posted on 15/01/2022 16:19

Yep that’s why I posted it JK, to illustrate what could be done via the new system😂 and get back on topic. I was hoping someone had used the Overseas version that has been live for a while, and could add something to the discussion.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook