New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Twos more then one replied on 24/01/2022 18:50

Posted on 24/01/2022 18:34 by Tinwheeler

Please stop being rude.

You have continually said that the 25% of bookings which are cancelled are speculative. They are not. 25% of bookings were often cancelled. That is not the same as saying they were all speculative. Nobody knows how many were speculative.

You didn’t take my earlier advice to re-read statements and posts so I am going to cease trying to make you see the facts.

Posted on 24/01/2022 18:50

Actually i did take your advice ,and re read both articles ,  one in the  magazine and the other  on clubs web site ,
You post
You have continually said that the 25% of bookings which are cancelled are speculative. They are not. 25% of bookings were often cancelled. That is not the same as saying they were all speculative. Nobody knows how many were speculative

Never posted ALL ,but 25% is a huge figure 
Also your comment 
They are not. 25% of bookings were often cancelled.

The club says the article you told me to read,  this has become a growing problem 
Maybe you should take your own advice 

Twos more then one replied on 24/01/2022 18:56

Posted on 24/01/2022 17:50 by Tinwheeler

But that is not the same at all as saying 25% of bookings which are subsequently cancelled are speculative. We know cancellations ran at 25% but we do not know what proportion of that 25% was speculative. That is the huge point you are missing by a country mile!

Posted on 24/01/2022 18:56

The Clubs comments
As you can imagine, a lot of members all cancelling a few times a year soon adds up! After reviewing the market, speaking to members and looking at other campsite providers the best solution to reduce speculative bookings is to introduce a deposit system. This will reduce the number of speculative bookings and create more availability for members. 

Read ,The  club specifically states speculative bookings.

Please read 

In a normal year, we often see over 25% of all bookings being cancelled (that’s over 950,000 cancelled nights...every year!)

Of those cancelled nights, over 25% are made within four days of arrival, so it’s very difficult for other members to take advantage of the newly vacant pitches.

And it’s not just a small minority of ‘block bookers’ who are cancelling, almost half of all members who make a booking each year make at least one amendment or cancellation too. As you can imagine, a lot of members all cancelling a few times a year soon adds up! After reviewing the market, speaking to members and looking at other campsite providers the best solution to reduce speculative bookings is to introduce a deposit system. This will reduce the number of speculative bookings and create more availability for members.

replied on 24/01/2022 18:59

Posted on 24/01/2022 18:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 24/01/2022 19:01

Posted on 24/01/2022 18:54 by Tinwheeler

Give it a rest. You used to be an effective debater.

Posted on 24/01/2022 19:01

As ‘appy-ippy’👍🏻

Takethedogalong replied on 24/01/2022 19:35

Posted on 24/01/2022 19:35

I wonder if the Club could tell us how many of the the cancelled 25% of bookings were later taken up by those like us who book either a couple of days in advance, actually while on the road travelling, or extending a stay if a late cancellation happens? We have done this dozens of times, and that us, just one couple. So be interesting how many others do the same. All three stays at YRP we have extended our stays, last year we got the only pitch going on a Friday night at Marazion. That will make inroads into the 25% of cancelled pitches, but by how much we are unlikely ever to find out.

Figures and statistics can be made to fit almost any point of view if change is in the offing. I know because it was part of my job for 25 years. I am not opposed to the Club bringing in deposits, or only giving folks more than three weeks to cancel. Couldn’t care less to be honest as it will affect our touring style and choice of Site not at all. If the Club gets easy income in via this, then I suppose the Club is joining the many other businesses who operate the same, as has been said before, it’s a business that needs to survive. It is going to affect some negatively, maybe others positively. Only time will tell.

Arch replied on 24/01/2022 19:54

Posted on 24/01/2022 19:54

And it’s not just a small minority of ‘block bookers’ who are cancelling, almost half of all members who make a booking each year make at least one amendment or cancellation too

It just goes show that almost half of all members are using the system as it's designed to be used, the club would be well and truly broke without them and not in the financial secure postion it's in now.

babyrhino replied on 24/01/2022 20:00

Posted on 24/01/2022 20:00

Hi question if you have booked already for this year when you turn up on site will you just be put on grass not out to grass tongue-outas later bookings have had the choice  on the new system to book hard standing 

brue replied on 24/01/2022 20:02

Posted on 24/01/2022 20:02

TDA, I doubt whether the club could fill over 200,000 late cancellations at short notice, I'm sure some get taken but this seems an excessive amount to fill. Even if all sites were open 365 days that would require around 548 per day  bookings maybe more to make up the shortfall.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook