New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

hywelsycharth replied on 11/02/2022 11:27

Posted on 11/02/2022 11:27

I appreciate that the full details are not yet available but it would seem that full refunds with a 21 day notice defeats the whole object of reducing speculative booking. It would encourage a mad scramble in the intervening period as members search for availability due to cancellations. The C&CC operate a non refundable deposit system which appears to work well. A refundable deposit system, in my opinion, is not the answer.

DavidKlyne replied on 11/02/2022 11:59

Posted on 11/02/2022 11:27 by hywelsycharth

I appreciate that the full details are not yet available but it would seem that full refunds with a 21 day notice defeats the whole object of reducing speculative booking. It would encourage a mad scramble in the intervening period as members search for availability due to cancellations. The C&CC operate a non refundable deposit system which appears to work well. A refundable deposit system, in my opinion, is not the answer.

Posted on 11/02/2022 11:59

I suppose the truth is we will have to wait and see? I thought the C&CC did refund deposits but only up to 31 days before arrival on site? If I am right the CMC version is a bit more generous at 21 days. Whether you are right might depend on how many people, who had previously allegedly booked speculatively, will be put off by having to pay a deposit many months before the 21 days limit kicks in? If its just a single site then probably not but if it multiple sites, that could add up. 

David

brue replied on 11/02/2022 12:33

Posted on 11/02/2022 12:33

Yes C&Cc will refund deposits subject to their T&Cs. So much the same is planned for CAMC with a more generous cut off time (I presume this can easily be adjusted if needed!)

Arch replied on 12/02/2022 18:38

Posted on 11/02/2022 11:27 by hywelsycharth

Posted on 12/02/2022 18:38

A number of posts hold up the c&cc club as an example of how the cmc club could be improved, I have rejoined the c&cc club this year after a few years absence I'm afraid it still seems to me to be way behind this club in the ease of the booking system, being able to see at a glance pitch availability by the week, month, year, makes booking so easy, with this club but with the c&cc club it seems to me you have to go through the complete steps of booking a site and pitch before you know if ones available so how would you know if there are signs of speculative booking, I can see you could say that about this club because its so easy to see pitches being booked and then becoming available god forbid that this club follows the example of the c&cc in anything.

replied on 12/02/2022 21:18

Posted on 12/02/2022 18:38 by Arch

A number of posts hold up the c&cc club as an example of how the cmc club could be improved, I have rejoined the c&cc club this year after a few years absence I'm afraid it still seems to me to be way behind this club in the ease of the booking system, being able to see at a glance pitch availability by the week, month, year, makes booking so easy, with this club but with the c&cc club it seems to me you have to go through the complete steps of booking a site and pitch before you know if ones available so how would you know if there are signs of speculative booking, I can see you could say that about this club because its so easy to see pitches being booked and then becoming available god forbid that this club follows the example of the c&cc in anything.

Posted on 12/02/2022 21:18

The user and all related content has been deleted

Arch replied on 12/02/2022 22:06

Posted on 12/02/2022 21:18 by

The C&CC's booking system is not as convoluted as you indicate. It is easy to see site availability and scroll through the months. It's just a different system from the one used by this Club. And, as Brue has said, just check the availability page. 

Posted on 12/02/2022 22:06

Sorry I must be doing it incorrectly as all I can get is the month page to book it doesn't show availability.

replied on 12/02/2022 22:37

Posted on 12/02/2022 22:06 by Arch

Sorry I must be doing it incorrectly as all I can get is the month page to book it doesn't show availability.

Posted on 12/02/2022 22:37

The user and all related content has been deleted

KjellNN replied on 13/02/2022 09:46

Posted on 13/02/2022 09:46

OH does our bookings with CCC, she cannot get it to work either.

She just went to their website and a page came up ... check availability and book.....but it will not do anything unless she enters dates.  I think there must be a different page she should be on, but she cannot find it.

Can you post  a link to the  correct page?

Arch replied on 13/02/2022 10:18

Posted on 12/02/2022 22:37 by

Leave the dates blank at the start of the procedure. Choose site. Choose pitch type. The current month will display. Scroll across to the month you want and the dates available will be in bold. Dates not available will be 'greyed out'. If dates you want are not available, try selecting a different pitch type. Or select a different site.

Posted on 13/02/2022 10:18

Thanks WTG I can see now it is possible but it is a labour compared to this site

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook