New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

SteveL replied on 16/02/2022 13:17

Posted on 16/02/2022 13:17

I noticed that Cirencester has Multi Surface pitches bookable from the 19th April. I assume they have been developed within the large grass area at the top of the site, however nothing is shown on the site plan. Although given the current state of the website, perhaps it’s a gremlin as a result of the new booking system development.

JVB66 replied on 16/02/2022 13:36

Posted on 16/02/2022 13:36

From conversations I have had when? the new booking system is in operation. ,those who are expecting to be able to book hardstand pitches into next year,  could well be disappointed ,,as many bookings have been ,made already with the present booking system,,up to  Feb could be up to April next year,

Which it seems is to take priority over the new system with, hardstands given as first choice to those booking with the present system

Tinwheeler replied on 16/02/2022 18:39

Posted on 16/02/2022 16:56 by JVB66

Maybe it has but then who reads back several pages? 

Ps the volunteer army is still in limbo as of todayundecided

Posted on 16/02/2022 18:39

I don’t need to read, I remember it well.

Arch replied on 27/03/2022 13:46

Posted on 27/03/2022 13:46

I've been looking at availability on a few popular multi surface sites in Devon and Cornwall for May onwards in previous years I would have seen a number of dates fully booked but now there there seems to be full availability, it may be to early to draw conclusions but are people holding off booking now they know there's less chance of no hardstandings being available due to them already being issued to early bookers.

DavidKlyne replied on 27/03/2022 14:39

Posted on 27/03/2022 13:46 by Arch

I've been looking at availability on a few popular multi surface sites in Devon and Cornwall for May onwards in previous years I would have seen a number of dates fully booked but now there there seems to be full availability, it may be to early to draw conclusions but are people holding off booking now they know there's less chance of no hardstandings being available due to them already being issued to early bookers.

Posted on 27/03/2022 14:39

In a way I would have thought that more people would be booking before the new system comes into place to avoid paying a deposit? If you are correct with your theory then I suppose it rather backs up the decision to allow booking of specific pitch surface.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 27/03/2022 14:43

Posted on 27/03/2022 13:46 by Arch

Posted on 27/03/2022 14:43

I suspect the price of fuel is a major factor and people may wait and see how things pan out.

There are LVs arriving in the area but it's early in the season yet. Easter may tell us more.

Arch replied on 27/03/2022 17:33

Posted on 27/03/2022 14:39 by DavidKlyne

In a way I would have thought that more people would be booking before the new system comes into place to avoid paying a deposit? If you are correct with your theory then I suppose it rather backs up the decision to allow booking of specific pitch surface.

David

Posted on 27/03/2022 17:33

My conclusion was that people think they have missed the boat on procuring a hardstanding so have not booked, as soon as the club announced they were going to transfer all early bookings to hardstandings I booked my sites for the year although under the present system I was happy to book a standard pitch and choose pitch type on arrival with the new system on some of my regular sites knowing for certain I will not have a chance of a hardstanding will greatly influence my booking I suspect this will have more of an influence than the deposit.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook