"There's nothing on 'the box' "

WayTwoGo replied on 25/02/2019 09:27

Posted on 25/02/2019 09:27

Do many of you feel like that?

A very long while ago, "Brideshead Revisited" (the Jeremy Irons, Anthony Andrews one) was a 'must see'. Before days of catch up, I bought blank VHS tapes so I could record an episode if I had to miss one.

Felt much the same about the Colin Firth "Pride and Prejudice".

It's a very long time since I have felt drawn to anything like that on TV. I did watch every episode of "Les Misérables", but, on reflection, although excellent, I didn't feel it was totally unmissable.

Nowadays, I hardly watch TV. If I am home, and after a busy day, I like to watch "Pointless" (a guilty pleasure) but no big deal if I miss it. "The Archers" on Radio 4 at 7pm is a  must (but often 'listen again' if the Channel Four news is pressing). "Newsnight" most nights. "Question Time" on Thursdays.

I had enjoyed the first few series of "Endeavour". But I have switched off the last two episodes.

What am I missing?

ABM replied on 11/03/2019 11:18

Posted on 11/03/2019 11:18

Watched  the  first  of  the  new  series  of  "Midsummer  Murders"  I'll  give  the  second  one  a  chance  but  ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,,   It  seems  they  knew  it  wasn't  up  to  scratch  so  they  tried  loading  the  cast  with  some  time-expired  actors and  actresses.  And  that  compounded    with  the  ghastly  plot,  left  me  hoping  for  the  return  of  John  Nettles  frown

ABM replied on 11/03/2019 11:29

Posted on 27/02/2019 13:58 by EasyT

What is MOTD????

I don't watch TV but figure it must be Match of the Day.

Posted on 11/03/2019 11:29

Naaah,  I  think  it  stands  for  :--

Members  OThe  Darkside   innocent

{ That's  the  latest  attempt  by  C&MC  to  drum  up  trade wink }