What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

huskydog replied on 13/07/2019 21:52

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:51 by DavidKlyne

HD

I assume that because of all the preamble you would have had prior to the letter it is not a complete surprise? I suppose more or new medication to follow?

David

Posted on 13/07/2019 21:52

No ,not really a surprise going my dietembarassed , an appointment at the surgery needed to discuss my better diet surprised

huskydog replied on 13/07/2019 21:54

Posted on 13/07/2019 21:30 by milliehull

Sorry to hear about your type 2 diabetes husky. I presume you will be montored at your GP surgery. Our son had the same diagnosis some months ago and is now on a strict diet and has lost quite a lot of weight. I hope all goes well for you.

I hope you enjoy the New Forest Francis. We have driven through it many times on our way to other places but it is still on our 'to do' list for a stay.

I watched Gardeners World as well last night. Such a great programme. I loved hearing about the Coronation  Meadows. Thanks for the links.

Posted on 13/07/2019 21:54

Looks like I might have to give up my nightly chocolate fixfrown

ABM replied on 13/07/2019 22:29

Posted on 13/07/2019 22:29

Welcome to the Club Huskydog  frown.  I well remember the words of the Dietician who saw me when I was first put onto Insulin.  This lady, who could hide behind a vertical HB pencil, smiled and told me not to stint myself at Christmas { just a month or so away }  oh no she said, and meant, you can have A mince pie you know. sealedcry And that's a true story, honest M'Lud  embarassed.

Seriously T2 is a progressive illness with some tragic results unless you steel yourself right from the start to Obey The Rules.  A bit like the CaMC really but your Mods now will be physical entities, not just words and Avatars.  I do hope they have caught you early & you have a chance to avoid those oft publicised problems. Best of Luck Mate  wink

ABM replied on 13/07/2019 22:42

Posted on 13/07/2019 22:42

Something different now !!

I wonder if our Old Friend Tigerfish will be watching T.V. tomorrow ?

The film about Violette Szab "Carve Her Name With Pride" is being shewn again, and I know she is one of his, and my, 'Heroines'.

Technically I believe she was placed as a Lieutenant in the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry  but was selected & trained straight from Civvy Street to be an asset for the Special Operations Executive  in support of the French Resistance.

DavidKlyne replied on 13/07/2019 22:56

Posted on 13/07/2019 21:52 by huskydog

No ,not really a surprise going my dietembarassed , an appointment at the surgery needed to discuss my better diet surprised

Posted on 13/07/2019 22:56

I suppose a confirmed diagnosis does rather hit home. If it can be controlled by diet all the better. Once you go down the medication route there is often no way out. Margaret has been Type 2 for years, never overweight but she does have a sweet tooth! Diabetes seems to have run in her family as aunties and two brothers had it as well. I am sure the diabetic nurse will be a source of good information for you. Margaret calls hers scary Mary!!!!

David

Takethedogalong replied on 13/07/2019 23:33

Posted on 13/07/2019 23:33

Gosh HD, you are having a bit of a roller coaster ride at the moment!😲 Very best wishes for your Mum and OH, and hope the shop sale happens this time. Coincidentally, I came across some great looking cook books for helping with Type 2 Diabetes this evening, written by none other than Captain Poldark himself, Robin Ellis. He was diagnosed some time ago, and decided to do some research about controlling things via diet. Worked for him, recipes sound delicious, and if you like cooking, sound quite easy. We are making more of our own sauces for meals nowadays, as we are very wary of the salt and sugar content in bought sauces. Hope to try a nice low cal veg curry one in next few days.😁

Fantastic Winter at the Great Yorkshire Goldie, you must be so proud!👍

brue replied on 14/07/2019 08:42

Posted on 14/07/2019 08:42

Do hope you can overcome the type2 diagnosis Husky by altering what you eat, wise words from others on here, so good luck.

ABM I read the Violet Szabo poem at my Mum's funeral last year, I stumbled a bit at the end as it's quite an emotional poem to read. 

Well on a more cheerful note  I'm off to Argos click and collect today. more Lego for Grandson's birthday. This box contains an astronaut, appropriate for this week's moon landing anniversary which I've been watching on TV. I see there is a new thread about it on here somewhere.

Enjoy the day one and all. smile

huskydog replied on 14/07/2019 09:09

Posted on 14/07/2019 08:42 by brue

Do hope you can overcome the type2 diagnosis Husky by altering what you eat, wise words from others on here, so good luck.

ABM I read the Violet Szabo poem at my Mum's funeral last year, I stumbled a bit at the end as it's quite an emotional poem to read. 

Well on a more cheerful note  I'm off to Argos click and collect today. more Lego for Grandson's birthday. This box contains an astronaut, appropriate for this week's moon landing anniversary which I've been watching on TV. I see there is a new thread about it on here somewhere.

Enjoy the day one and all. smile

Posted on 14/07/2019 09:09

I have always had a positive out look on things ,and sometimes on our walk of life we sometimes stray off it ,so we need a little reminder to stick to the path that has been mapped out for us cool

interesting times ahead laughing

Bakers2 replied on 14/07/2019 10:11

Posted on 14/07/2019 09:09 by huskydog

I have always had a positive out look on things ,and sometimes on our walk of life we sometimes stray off it ,so we need a little reminder to stick to the path that has been mapped out for us cool

interesting times ahead laughing

Posted on 14/07/2019 10:11

Sorry to read of your diagnosis. A friend was in a similar position a few years back - his doctors are very pleased with him now. 

I agree with your sentiments but sometimes it's isn't easy 😉 but basically if life throws you lemons make lemonade! I'm a bit off the taste at the moment 😂😂.

Bakers2 replied on 14/07/2019 10:18

Posted on 14/07/2019 10:18

We seem to have had a little of the moist stuff overnight,  in fact for a second night - nothing useful mind you, wilting plants are still wilting!

Not got going yet, well can decide on what to do really  - so many choices, none exciting, ironing - probably been hanging around as long as Tammygirl's 😂, damp pruning and deadheading, find  somewhere to go out, nothing appeals. There's plenty of sport on but nothing grabbing me or OH.

Did manage to coat the side gates yesterday and smart they look too. I need to do the front fence and the sheds but I fear the dampness has put pay to that.

Enjoy your day folks - whatever you do (or don't do 😉)

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook