What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 14/07/2019 19:43

Posted on 14/07/2019 19:29 by milliehull

Well what a men's final!!I feel emotionally drained.

Posted on 14/07/2019 19:43

I know what you mean but I feel worse after the cricket - if that's possible!

milliehull replied on 14/07/2019 20:53

Posted on 14/07/2019 20:53

I am disappointed with the men's final result but they both played so well. Such a great match. Down to the wire!! Kept swapping over to the cricket. Both sons very excited with the result. Missed the F1 completely.

N. Ireland family arriving tomorrow with their dog. Our cats have been booked into the cattery as I dont think they would cope as they are 17 and like a quiet life.

Francis replied on 14/07/2019 21:22

Posted on 14/07/2019 19:42 by brue

Good wasn't it Millie! smile

Francis you've done well doing all that local travelling, if you get time have a look at Mudeford Harbour when you go back to Christchurch.

Posted on 14/07/2019 21:22

We will go there Brue sounds good. It’s good to get recommendations from people who know the area. Think tomorrow we will be having a relaxing day as we left home on Thursday afternoon and have been up early morning so far every day.

brue replied on 15/07/2019 08:34

Posted on 15/07/2019 08:34

Millie, hope you have a good time with the family, ours arrive at the end of the week, complete with dog too. I think your cats will enjoy their break! smile

Goldie146 replied on 15/07/2019 08:37

Posted on 15/07/2019 08:37

What have I done so far today?

A lot of boring routine stuff - and then booked a holiday!

Where? New England Bay. How long for? 11 nights! When do we leave? Straight after dinner (lunch) today !!!

I had better get a move on - much packing etc to do

Bakers2 replied on 15/07/2019 08:56

Posted on 15/07/2019 08:56

Goldie have a great relaxing time. Incidently who said you can't book club sites on the spur of the moment? 😂😂😂

Milliehull enjoy the time with your son and family, plus the dog. Hope your cats enjoy their holiday too!

Like Goldie just done most of the routine stuff. Now chasing OH to be ready for walk into town to the bank - no dog so the walking impetus has to be shaken hard to wake! Wish I was like her and packing for a break - jealous? Moi? 

Tammygirl hope the GP called on your mum and that things are being sorted.

HelenandTrevor I expect that four letter word, work, looms on the horizon for you today. Glad you enjoyed your Devon break.

Enjoy your day folks 😀

Takethedogalong replied on 15/07/2019 10:53

Posted on 15/07/2019 10:53

We are on a bit of an eBay roll at the moment, OH is clearing out garage, I am off to try and sell a saddle hopefully. Had a full day in garden yesterday, thinning out a very deep holly hedge. Our nice next door neighbour was on the case from her side as well, so it was good to have company. Looking great now, seem to have reclaimed another metre of garden apiece. The hedge is a mix of holly, ivy, forsythia, snowberry and a bit of privet, but the holly is the toughest bit to sort out, glad that bit is finally sorted. I am aching this morning though, will have to find something a bit easier to do today.

We have sold our beloved older Jeep Wrangler as well. Had it 17 years, towed thousands of miles with it, took it on some serious off road days, it was the perfect car when we had our three Airedale terriers. Only failed it’s test once in all that time, and never let us down once. 4.0 litre petrol beastie that somehow managed to turn in a regular 29 mpg (which we doubled by dual fuelling it with LPG!) By far the most fun car we have ever owned. It will be a sad day when it finally rolls out of garage for last time.😢 On the plus side, it ain’t going far........two BILs have got together and sharing it, so we may still get to use it!😁😁

Best wishes to those not very well, or with relatives not very well.

Tammygirl replied on 15/07/2019 14:07

Posted on 15/07/2019 14:07

Tammygirl hope the GP called on your mum and that things are being sorted.

Thank you yes,  Dr came to see her about 2.30 the home said. Yet another chest infection, more antibiotics 7 day course this time. I think this is going to be an ever recurring theme from now frown she has lost a fair bit of weight and muscle tone with not getting about as much as she used to.

Lovely sunny day today with a fresher breeze, started polishing the other side of the caravan but had to give up as it got too hot, (never thought I would say that about here) laughing will go back to it when the sun passes over a bit and put's that side in the shade. Until then OH has got more wood for me to paint before he puts it up. I've got a break just now as he has gone off to a meeting to do with the lunch club. 

Been looking for a cruise for January, not decided on one yet but got someone looking into several. If we can't find one we fancy we just might fly out to America, hire a car and do our own thing. undecidedJanuary/Feb is such rotten cold miserable months up here, so if we can escape we will. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook