What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Oneputt replied on 15/07/2019 14:11

Posted on 15/07/2019 14:11

Back from our great weekend at the lovely Thetford Forest club site.  

For any horsey folk up that way on 20 July 19 the household cavalry will be having their open day at Bodley camp which is about 3 miles from the club site on the Watton Road.  Some years since we’ve been but it is an interesting day

Wherenext replied on 15/07/2019 16:08

Posted on 15/07/2019 16:08

Tammy, I am not usually interested in Cruises but there was one advertised in the today that might just tempt me if I had the spare cash available. Expedition to Antartica and South America including taking in a Total Solar Eclipse and trips to Patagonia and Falkland Islands. Prices in the cellar start from about £4,500 pp but I would want to go with Neptune Suite at £13,500 pp. From next November so I've started saving!smile Contributions willingly accepted.

Had a Gas Boiler service booked in for this morning, the 8am to 1pm slot, which usually means you're hanging around until lunch time. But, yippee, we were first customer. Then off out to do some last minute things for the ladies, plus a trip to the Opticians to check where my broken glasses were. Still waiting for the part (arm) from Austria.yell Then just bits and pieces around the house. Nice sunny day today.

Francis replied on 15/07/2019 19:34

Posted on 15/07/2019 19:34

Another lovely day here down on the south coast. We had a relaxing morning sitting out in the sun reading the newspapers, nice to relax a bit after 3 days of getting up early so we didn’t leave site until about half 1. We took a drive to Sandbanks and had a look around there what a nice place with lovely big mansions over looking the sea things most of us could only dream of. Anyway we managed to get a seat on and watched the boats coming and going for an hour or so. After that we went for a walk around the old part of Poole which was excellent and we managed to get a pint in a lovely old pub called The King Charles we are planning on going back for another visit during our stay.

Wherenext replied on 15/07/2019 20:05

Posted on 15/07/2019 20:05

I had a birthday card this year showing Sandbanks on it Francis. Apparently one of the most expensive places to buy a property (was going to say house but that seems rather mundane) outside of London. Fortunately the card only showed the Sandbanks!

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. We enjoyed Lymington when we were last down there. If you're getting homesick for the Isle of Wight you could catch a ferry from there.smile

brue replied on 15/07/2019 20:21

Posted on 15/07/2019 20:21

Ooh I've lost a post, the reply box stalled and stopped.

Well it wasn't very interesting!

Another beautiful day here, desperate for rain too which we're reliably informed might appear at the end of the week? 

Tammygirl replied on 15/07/2019 20:51

Posted on 15/07/2019 20:51

Tammy, I am not usually interested in Cruises but there was one advertised in the i today that might just tempt me if I had the spare cash available. Expedition to Antartica and South America including taking in a Total Solar Eclipse and trips to Patagonia and Falkland Islands. Prices in the cellar start from about £4,500 pp but I would want to go with Neptune Suite at £13,500 pp. From next November so I've started saving!smile Contributions willingly accepted.

Sounds just perfect, could donate OH's penny jar laughing

Freddy55 replied on 15/07/2019 21:14

Posted on 15/07/2019 21:14

Years ago, there was no way I would go on a cruise. After a lot of arm twisting administered by SWMBO, we went on one. Suffice to say, I loved it. We’re going on one in September around the Med sailing from Southampton, a two week cruise, which is nice 🙂

redface replied on 15/07/2019 21:21

Posted on 15/07/2019 21:21

Can't get much better for us than where we pitched up at Cirencester site. Lovely warm reception by the holiday managers, site is pretty chocker but nonetheless peaceful. Excellent museum with Roman antiquities in the town and a good centre for visiting NT properties. Going home next weekend as I understand the annual Fairford air display is on.

Good luck with the  SA Cruises, we certainly enjoyed ours which included an overland visit to Patagonia, much to the delight of the Welsh speakers amongst us.

ABM replied on 15/07/2019 21:36

Posted on 15/07/2019 20:21 by brue

Another beautiful day here, desperate for rain too which we're reliably informed might appear at the end of the week? 

Posted on 15/07/2019 21:36

I know how you feel about the speed ( lack of ) on this site, Brue.

Half an hour or so I wrote a highly humourous ( I thought  ) post, clicked on 'Reply' and waited. Eventually screen went white, took so long that when it eventually returned it had been "Liked " and had a reply as well.

This has caused me to think that I've only got two ( 2 ) sleeps 'til I Vacate this seat until next month. So  I'm off for one sleep now, despite Cox & O'Briain demanding my attention.

Take care y'all,  best wishes for all, ailing or not   X X X X

Wherenext replied on 15/07/2019 21:44

Posted on 15/07/2019 20:21 by brue

Posted on 15/07/2019 21:44

Happens to some of my very best posts.laughing They're floating around the ether somewhere. When they land people will realise what gems they were.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook