What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 15/07/2019 22:31

Posted on 15/07/2019 21:44 by Wherenext

Happens to some of my very best posts.laughing They're floating around the ether somewhere. When they land people will realise what gems they were.

Posted on 15/07/2019 22:31

A gremlin keeps deleting mine! Two this week, I must be getting a bit cranky in my approaching dotage.....πŸ˜‚

DavidKlyne replied on 15/07/2019 23:58

Posted on 15/07/2019 21:14 by Freddy55

Years ago, there was no way I would go on a cruise. After a lot of arm twisting administered by SWMBO, we went on one. Suffice to say, I loved it. We’re going on one in September around the Med sailing from Southampton, a two week cruise, which is nice πŸ™‚

Posted on 15/07/2019 23:58

We have been on a couple and enjoyed them and will probably go on more as the opportunity arises. We raided the Cruise Fund to help pay for the new motorhome so it might be a year or two before the next onewink

David

milliehull replied on 16/07/2019 07:19

Posted on 16/07/2019 07:19

Family arrived yesterday teatime and we all had a lovely hour sitting in the sunshine and catching up before our evening meal. Dog loved having the run (and I mean run - she is a whippet cross after all!) of the garden and has settled in really well. So lovely to see them all. Have a great time with your family later in the week brue.

Hope your Mum soon improves tammygirl.

Persuading my OH to go on a cruise is still a work in progress ☹.

Lovely weather here. Enjoy your day everyone.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/07/2019 10:18

Posted on 16/07/2019 10:18

I doubt I could ever persuade my OH onto a cruise. Claims it’s just not his thing. We have agreed to compromise on a rail tour at some point, I fancy west coast of CanadaUSA, but will probably do a European one first. Neighbour is doing rail tour to Sicily, via lots of interesting places to stop off, which appeals. 

Do you get seasick at all on these big cruise ships? I am an appallingly bad sailor, daren’t even do a cross channel ferry. Having spent three solid hours heaving up and wanting to die the last time I was afloat, (bought a seriously expensive flight home) it’s something I ponder about.πŸ˜•

DavidKlyne replied on 16/07/2019 10:41

Posted on 16/07/2019 10:41

A couple of things about cruises for those that are not sure whether they would like them. I don't know about other cruise lines but P&O offer a number of 3 and 4 days cruises which could be used as a taster cruise, some of them are quite inexpensive given that they are all inclusive except for drinks. I think Cunard also offer the option of having a meal on board whilst their ships are in Port. It would be a way of getting a feel for the ship.

As to being seasick that is a difficult one as it very much depends on the individual. Don't forget all cruise ships have full onboard medical facilities  (at a price!) You can hit rough weather as we did on our first cruise but it was reasonable comfortable and you tend to used to it. If you are feeling a bit delicate just don't sit next to someone who orders a Full English at breakfast!!!

David

replied on 16/07/2019 10:51

Posted on 16/07/2019 10:51

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

moulesy replied on 16/07/2019 11:01

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:01

We have been on a couple of cruises, including one from Vancouver up to Glacier Bay in Alaska when I retired. It was a brilliant experience but even that had a couple of "at sea" days when there was literally nothing  to view - no land, no wildlife, no other ships etc. There was, admittedly plenty to do on board, but to me that's not what I go on holiday for.

So we are unlikely to do any more ocean cruises, but we are going on a river cruise to the Douro in September and are really looking forward to that. smile

brue replied on 16/07/2019 11:03

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:03

We did one for an anniversary, a small ship, good weather and we enjoyed it. We're free now, sadly in some respects, with less commitments so will be going off on different types of holidays and another cruise will be in the plans, but not on a big ship. The expense is a consideration plus our sea legs, it's the luck of the draw about the heaving of the oceans! We might consider the eastern sea board of Canada at some point, I don't want a long flight and a cruise can take in some interesting places without jet lag. smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook