What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 16/07/2019 11:07

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:07

We can now see over the front of house hedge,and Rosa a bit upset because the shrubs in the rear do not now give so much shade from the sun,winksurprised

Have been to chemist  this morning for now due repeat prescription only to find they also had the last two repeats  May and June although i had already had enough prescribed previously for are last trip awayfrown

brue replied on 16/07/2019 11:14

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:14

One of our hedges got  a haircut the other day, nice to see the view and sunsets again.

Very warm here, will have to get on with it now as have avoided being outside, a pile of washing awaits, at least it will dry quickly.

Hope all the holidays and plans are going well, we are home birds for a few weeks. smile

Wherenext replied on 16/07/2019 14:25

Posted on 16/07/2019 14:25

So we are unlikely to do any more ocean cruises, but we are going on a river cruise to the Douro in September and are really looking forward to that. 

Mrs WN and MiL went on this cruise last year with Riviera and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not for me though. I don't have a problem with motion sickness but know that some people can be affected even when it's totally calm. MiL didn't like the voyage aspect when they went to Norway and much prefers the river cruises.

JVB66 replied on 16/07/2019 14:32

Posted on 16/07/2019 14:25 by Wherenext

So we are unlikely to do any more ocean cruises, but we are going on a river cruise to the Douro in September and are really looking forward to that. 

Mrs WN and MiL went on this cruise last year with Riviera and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not for me though. I don't have a problem with motion sickness but know that some people can be affected even when it's totally calm. MiL didn't like the voyage aspect when they went to Norway and much prefers the river cruises.

Posted on 16/07/2019 14:32

My daughter got sea sick on Tower pier on the Thames before even the Ferry arrivesembarassedsurprised

brue replied on 16/07/2019 14:34

Posted on 16/07/2019 14:34

I'm probably one of those strange people who likes being at sea as it's an enforced rest, some holidays can be too much of a marathon. See the continent or bust! wink

However ask me that again later if we ever hit a force 10!! (Actually we did hit a storm in the channel once, I was forced to look at the sea due to everyone being ill around me, those waves were big!)

Wherenext replied on 16/07/2019 14:45

Posted on 16/07/2019 14:45

Brother used to be in the Royal Navy. He said he only ever had problems when he ended up back on dry land especially after a long time at sea. It usually lasted for the first hour or so.

Bakers2 replied on 16/07/2019 15:02

Posted on 16/07/2019 15:02

No cruise for me thanks, going green just thinking about it! Everyone I know who has cruised raves about it but I'm not tempted one iota.

We took the ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg it appeared huge at the dockside, felt very tiny in the middle of the North Sea and even smaller in a force 4 coming back, at least it had been calm going out, but I could feel the waves hitting from different directions even then 😔 NEVER EVER EVER again.

Oneputt replied on 16/07/2019 15:17

Posted on 16/07/2019 15:17

Mrs One  always ask how I can sleep in rough weather on ferries and the answer is simple, years of being in the military teaches you to sleep any time any where.

brue replied on 16/07/2019 15:25

Posted on 16/07/2019 15:25

I would like to say try one of these as a safer bet but a friend of ours was sea sick on one off the beach in Malta...wink

LINK

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook