What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 24/08/2019 17:10

Posted on 24/08/2019 17:10

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 24/08/2019 17:42

Posted on 24/08/2019 17:42

That cheese looks delicious!

Hedge is down, stumps still to get out, but that’s another day, way too hot to do more today. Filthy job, so it’s going to be a tepid Bath for me next.

Safe travels to all those heading off or currently away. Brave souls doing it on a BH weekend.

brue replied on 24/08/2019 17:54

Posted on 24/08/2019 17:54

The cheese feels a bit like putty TDA but I don't want to put anyone off as I rather like it!  wink

Bakers2 replied on 24/08/2019 18:25

Posted on 24/08/2019 18:25

Tortoises can move very swiftly if they've a mind to. I hope its reunited with its owner.

Ps are there no rules regarding staking, tethering or ensuring they are secure? 😉😉

Bakers2 replied on 24/08/2019 18:30

Posted on 24/08/2019 17:04 by Oneputt

Very changeable day with great highlights and possibly some lowlights for some unfortunate folk.  

The site we are on is 3,100 feet high so when we walk the only way is up.  Managed a 5 hrs walk in which we gained about another 2000 feet, not bad for old uns., views in all directions stunning.  Stopped for ice cream an shandy which made the last 20 bearable.  Got to van all sorts of sirens blasting on the road then 3 air ambulances arrived, 2 have now departed, hope those injured recover quickly.  

Whilst that was going on we had Donner Und Blitzen followed by torrential rain.  💦⚡️☔️  Poor paramedics must have had a tough time.  We managed to get closed up before the deluge.

WN what a piece of good fortune you could use it on a long crossing to Spain.

Posted on 24/08/2019 18:30

Any idea what had happened? Might it have been weather related? I too the injured recovery quickly.

Hope the weather doesnt affect you too much and it passes quickly.

Bakers2 replied on 24/08/2019 18:30

Posted on 24/08/2019 17:54 by brue

The cheese feels a bit like putty TDA but I don't want to put anyone off as I rather like it!  wink

Posted on 24/08/2019 18:30

Hmmm even more interesting!

Oneputt replied on 24/08/2019 18:56

Posted on 24/08/2019 18:56

Love Norwegian brown cheese used to have it just about every lunch time when I worked in Stavanger, but that was a long time ago.  

B2 the sirens started before the rain came down.  

Just extended our stay in Bavaria by a couple of days so now I have to find a plan B.  Might give Italy a miss and drive North again staying at Prumtal by Bitburg, 👍🏻 or then again probably not😂😜

Tammygirl replied on 24/08/2019 20:50

Posted on 24/08/2019 20:50

Much nicer day here today, warmer 23c lots of jobs done today.smile

OH, was up on the roof fitting a new antennae control box, all channels now working perfect, picture perfect and we've got even more channels smile next job for him was to set up the caravans new TV and the satellite dish,  all working ok. Then it was onto the caravan's plumbing, he has separated out the kitchen and bathroom sinks waste pipes. All the waste pipes are now individual pipes, they drain much better now. smile

In between me helping him, I did 2 loads of washing, hoovered and steamed the carpets throughout the house, cut the grass and strimmed the edges, weeded and hoed the front garden and pruned the roses, phew I'm feeling tired. laughinglaughing

Glad to hear brue and WN are feeling better.

WN good news about your ferry, did you book it direct with BF or through the club?

Wherenext replied on 24/08/2019 21:36

Posted on 24/08/2019 21:36

Tg, we booked it through the club, getting a cheaper fare with ITX (which we can't use now).

The voucher can only be used by booking direct with BF even though it was sent via the club.

We'll have to see if savings worthwhile but I might use it for a quick trip to see my brother who lives in Brittany. A pleasant surprise.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook