What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 24/08/2019 11:46

Posted on 24/08/2019 11:46

We have something similar (I think, as I can't see your link!) it takes off very thin slivers, I use it on very hard cheeses too like Parmigiano etc.

Edit

Ah yes found it on Amazon...yes KJ,  it's exactly the same and very useful! smile

KjellNN replied on 24/08/2019 12:03

Posted on 24/08/2019 12:03

Yes, I am useless at links!

Good to hear you have one, thin slivers are best.

We have several of these things, but the one my Mum gave me when I left home in 1967 is still the best one as it does nice thin slices.

We found an interesting type in Holland that grates the cheese as you slice, excellent for Parmesan and other hard cheeses.

Edit

Kj

I have edited your link which seems to work. The problem with cutting a pasting, especially Amazon links is that they are so long. If you are using a laptop or PC I would suggest using the option of inserting the link  using the link symbol above where you type, that way you can call it a cheese cutter and that is all that will appear as I have done to your post above.

David

brue replied on 24/08/2019 13:59

Posted on 24/08/2019 13:59

KJ, this will make you smile. I took a close look at my old stainless steel cheese slicer/plane...it's from Norway. wink

Wherenext replied on 24/08/2019 14:40

Posted on 24/08/2019 14:40

The post arrived just before lunchtime. 

You may recall we had to cancel our forthcoming ferry due to my accident and ongoing problems with the caravan. I cancelled with about 3 weeks to sailing. I didn't intend to claim on the insurance as we couldn't have travelled anyway due to the state of the ''van. However, in the post was a voucher for 75% of the fare from Brittany Ferries. Unsolicited. We can use it anytime in the next 2 years. A really nice gesture and it cheered us up.smile

Bakers2 replied on 24/08/2019 16:24

Posted on 24/08/2019 16:24

Very warm here today. Did a bit of gardening after walking to the post office to post daughters birthday card and then took  the car food shopping but too hot and very little room in either of our 2 brown bins so must have made some progress over the last week. 😂

Brue that cheese looks, and the taste sounds, interesting!

Wherenext really good news on your Ferry cancellation, should be plenty of time for recovery - trust you're progressing?, and you getting your caravan sorted.

Helenandtrevor good to hear from you, was wondering about your radio silence 😂 glad you're keeping busy and enjoying your well deserved break. 

Good to read all posts, cant remember whos pisted what my brain gets very addled these days! Folks seem to be occupied gainfully including  you milliehull - I'm sure you'll have plenty to learn about being a cathedral guide, I checked on the Gaia exhibition online sadly won't get to see it.

Had a great  day out Tjursday with friends, was to be Frinton on Sea but forgot Clacton air show was on, traffic queuing up the slip road 😲. Instant decision to rejoin the carriageway and journey on to Harwich. Very quite, lots of history, good mooch and nice pub meal. 

I'm sitting in the shade having catch up on here and with podcasts. Don't know about others but I think it's beginning to feel autumnal already 😢. We have no new broods of birds but plenty of visits, 9 sparrowsintge birdbath at once  😃 and only 2-3 fatballs are being eaten per day phew the budget can cope again 😉.Managed to catch sight of a visiting hedgehog for last 2 or 3 evenings, not sure if it's the same one, we always know we've had visitors as food,  safe from cats and foxes, has always gone overnight and calling cards are left! 

Whatever you're doing enjoy it 

JVB66 replied on 24/08/2019 16:33

Posted on 24/08/2019 16:33

Really hot here in the New Forest yesterday and today and expected to get even hotter next couple of days, did a co-op  shop a 0830 then back before crouds came out,one counple just got back and said traffic is a nightmare, with queues for the car parkssurprised

Francis replied on 24/08/2019 16:51

Posted on 24/08/2019 16:51

So jealous JV we were in the New Forest for 3 weeks in July loved it. First time we had been but was so much to do would love to go back but we are looking at North Devon for next year. Great to get away from the stresses of home.

Bakers2 replied on 24/08/2019 16:52

Posted on 24/08/2019 16:52

JVB Sadly the 'joys' of sunny bank holidays in our crowded island 😢.

Good job you got ahead of them nice walks in the shade is the order of the day.

Oneputt replied on 24/08/2019 17:04

Posted on 24/08/2019 17:04

Very changeable day with great highlights and possibly some lowlights for some unfortunate folk.  

The site we are on is 3,100 feet high so when we walk the only way is up.  Managed a 5 hrs walk in which we gained about another 2000 feet, not bad for old uns., views in all directions stunning.  Stopped for ice cream an shandy which made the last 20 bearable.  Got to van all sorts of sirens blasting on the road then 3 air ambulances arrived, 2 have now departed, hope those injured recover quickly.  

Whilst that was going on we had Donner Und Blitzen followed by torrential rain.  💦⚡️☔️  Poor paramedics must have had a tough time.  We managed to get closed up before the deluge.

WN what a piece of good fortune you could use it on a long crossing to Spain.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook