What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

HelenandTrevor replied on 25/08/2019 10:44

Posted on 25/08/2019 10:44

Spent a lovely afternoon/evening with eldest son and his girlfriend yesterday,  hadn't seen them for a while,  such busy lives. Got the bbq out and as I'd been to our local farmer's market in the morning cooked some rather good steak burgers. We were able to sit out even after it got dark.

Wherenext,  result re your Ferry booking, apologies I think I missed your accident &van problems. 

Nellie we stayed near Bridgnorth, Tedstill Farm, had the site to ourselves, very quiet.smile

Been rather lazy so far this morning, but have to say it's rather nice.

cyberyacht replied on 25/08/2019 11:05

Posted on 24/08/2019 16:33 by JVB66

Really hot here in the New Forest yesterday and today and expected to get even hotter next couple of days, did a co-op  shop a 0830 then back before crouds came out,one counple just got back and said traffic is a nightmare, with queues for the car parkssurprised

Posted on 25/08/2019 11:05

I've always been fortunate in living on the coast so if I ventured out on a BH I was always travelling in the opposite direction to the madding crowds. I tend to avoid it altogether these days. Might have a walk down to Portchester Castle and perhaps a jar or two at the sailing club tomorrow if the weather holds.

milliehull replied on 25/08/2019 12:57

Posted on 25/08/2019 12:57

We bought our new TV yesterday and we are very pleased with it so far. laughing We are off to The Stamford Arts Centre this evening to see Ronnie Scott's All stars.  It was OH's birthday while we were in Norfolk and this is my birthday present to him.

Your day yesterday sounds lovely Helen.  I hope Trevor's ear infection has cleared up now. Good result on your ferry reimbursement WN.  Hopefully you will be well enough to take advantage of it soon. I hope your OH is still gradually improving Bakers2 and that you can get out and about and enjoy this lovely weather. It is very quiet around here at the moment.  Hardly anyone about when we went into JL to buy our TV yesterday and very few cars on the road.  I expect the road to the coast is heaving though!

Wherenext replied on 25/08/2019 13:01

Posted on 25/08/2019 13:01

Wherenext,  result re your Ferry booking, apologies I think I missed your accident &van problems. 

Not a problem Helen. Glad you were enjoying yourself.

Whilst I'm recovering well from a self inflicted hospital visit I can't say the same for our caravan. Can't say too much at the moment as things are up in the air and it might turn into a legal tussle. Suffice to say that we are not mobile at the moment and will have to look for another caravan shortly when I'm fit enough to be travelling around.

Feeling quite good today as  after an early morning stroll for an hour, Mrs WN gave me a haircut, I decided to give myself a proper shave, the day also for a new plaster and after a shower I felt like a new man, but unfortunately had to make do with the existing model.

Hope everyone taking suitable precautions in this heat but managing to enjoy the day.

brue replied on 25/08/2019 13:25

Posted on 25/08/2019 13:25

Good to hear you are pleased with your new TV Millie. I am home alone, OH has deemed me fit enough to be left...wink and has gone fishing. Glad you too are making progress WN. I had my hair cut last week, I was so glad to get out and get it done, just a nice stroll down into the village. I did a short walk this morning to pick a few blackberries, now visiting dog has arrived whilst his owners go to The Oak Fair at Stock Gaylard in Dorset (a lovely unspoilt estate with a fallow deer herd and lots of ancient oak trees.) It's too hot to do anything now so I'm not! smile

Bakers2 replied on 25/08/2019 13:44

Posted on 25/08/2019 13:44

hope your OH is still gradually improving Bakers2 and that you can get out and about and enjoy this lovely weather. 

Thanks milliehull recovery seems to have plateaued, but compared to discharge he's come on well. He seems very tired and sleeps/rests a great deal, out in the garden so he looks very well ๐Ÿ˜‰, lack of motivation is hard to deal with ๐Ÿ˜ข.

Wherenext glad to hear you're recovery health wise,  shame your caravan news isn't as inspiring!

Brue I hope you are feeling better, sounds like you're making baby steps. Being left home alone is a good sign, I leave my OH for a few hours now ๐Ÿ˜ƒ assists my sanity or lack of ๐Ÿ˜‰. Are you any nearer to discovering cause etc yet?

It sure is warm 30.8 in the shade according to our outdoor thermometer so in the shade with cool drink and a book.

Francis replied on 25/08/2019 15:02

Posted on 25/08/2019 15:02

Lovely weather here today very warm and sunny. We had a day in the garden yesterday and today. Planning a BBQ tonight got some lovely steaks to cook BBQ all cleaned and ready

Oneputt replied on 25/08/2019 16:37

Posted on 25/08/2019 16:37

Tremendous lightning and thunder reverberating around the mountains.  Rain is bucketing down. Sun canopy down.  Caravan and car getting a good wash.  Only thing to do is open a bottle of๐Ÿบ  

Takethedogalong replied on 25/08/2019 17:55

Posted on 25/08/2019 17:55

It’s way too hot here to do much at all. No breeze either. I couldn’t even stay outside in shade, but on the plus side have done almost nothing but read a book. Decadent, but nice. Got an invite to a neighbour bash tomorrow as well, new residents throwing a garden party, so that will be nice. 

brue replied on 25/08/2019 19:43

Posted on 25/08/2019 19:43

Same here TDA and the same again tomorrow! B2 I've had a mix of things, getting sorted, hoping the tests show an improvement after medication changes etc.

Me and my furry friend have had a relaxing day and a short field walk this evening, lots of straw due for baling. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook