What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 26/08/2019 09:44

Posted on 26/08/2019 09:44

Helenandtrevor sorry to hear Trevor ear still not right. Is the 'clearing out' required because of the drops? I have never had drops for ear infections, as far as I can recall, for myself or the children and we all suffered recurrent infections - thankfully seem to be very few and far between theses days, although granddaughters in NZ get them but no drops.

Very very warm here again today 😲. Milliehull take your own shade in the form of an umbrella sunshade πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I know it won't be sufficient! 

Enjoy your day folks bbqs, garden parties or just plain chillin πŸ˜‰

Oneputt replied on 26/08/2019 13:50

Posted on 26/08/2019 13:50

Got back from our last walk before our departure tomorrow.  We got to just over 4000” in the high pasture.  We did about 7 miles in the scorching sun but with a bit of breeze.  Saw all sorts of wild life with lots of butterfly’s including a European Swallowtail.  

Can you hear that?,  still bright and sunny but thunder rolling around the mountains.  New arrivals here are getting their skates on before the expected rain storm about 4pm ‘over there time’

ADD46 replied on 26/08/2019 14:44

Posted on 26/08/2019 14:44

We got back this morning from a lovely site near Burgh Le Marsh Lincolnshire. We decided to set off early to beat the coastal traffic. Glad we did as it was already getting busy. We wisely chose to pitch the van to give the most shade and also used our suncamp swift canopy for the first time. Thank you for the recommendation KjellNN. It was great to have the room and shade without having a full closed up awning. Also very light to pull through the awning rail and so easy to fold up and pack away. We normally take pictures of how the awning is packed before putting it up for the first time. (so that we've got some idea on how to pack it away 😐). We folded and bagged it first time with grins on our faces....how easy was that! We'll be using it again. 😊 We've had some lovely meals cooked in the vans and a Sunday pub lunch in between chatting, relaxing and watching the resident ducks on the ponds. Back to work tomorrow πŸ™  Until the next outing. 😊

Takethedogalong replied on 26/08/2019 14:56

Posted on 26/08/2019 14:56

I am currently not doing what I really should be doing......😎

brue replied on 26/08/2019 15:04

Posted on 26/08/2019 15:04

I'm reading the posts backwards. Had to come inside, the baler is out and the straw dust is a bit much. I like watching the baler as it gives birth, this is the oblong baler but I prefer the round egg laying one! The buzzards are following it very closely and calling to each other. smile

Wherenext replied on 26/08/2019 15:22

Posted on 26/08/2019 15:22

Got a call from the mother of the young man who cuts our lawn during the summer to say he was in bed with man flu so Mrs WN and myself decided to share the task as we are expecting storms tomorrow and it's brown bin week. So we now have 2 full Brown Bins worth.

Mrs WN had to take MiL to one side and suggest it might not be best for her to continue to ask me "Are you sure you are alright?" Message received (bless her).

It's got quite muggy now.

Good job you didn't get to Frinton, Bakers, judging by what happened. Did they identify the problem?

replied on 26/08/2019 16:28

Posted on 26/08/2019 16:28

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 26/08/2019 16:35

Posted on 26/08/2019 15:04 by brue

I'm reading the posts backwards. Had to come inside, the baler is out and the straw dust is a bit much. I like watching the baler as it gives birth, this is the oblong baler but I prefer the round egg laying one! The buzzards are following it very closely and calling to each other. smile

Posted on 26/08/2019 16:35

There is something mesmerising about balers. We used to buy our straw and hay sometimes off the field when we had horse, used to like to watch baling. Hard work collecting them up though. We did ours by hand one Summer. 

Our party this afternoon is off, sadly hosts have had a bereavement, so we have postponed. I am about to cut our lawn, but locally in our garden it is currently 98f, way too hot to do much. Need to check weather for next few days, might need to water..... luckily butts are full!

Oneputt replied on 26/08/2019 17:32

Posted on 26/08/2019 17:32

Thunder circled us for a while but came to nothing. Pleasant evening now so going to have dinner out, maybe beer and pork knuckles.  πŸΊπŸ–. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook