What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 27/08/2019 15:16

Posted on 27/08/2019 15:16

Same here with M&S meals, some I buy as a base and then add veg etc. I did a shop today, a mixture of easy and add ons...I did manage to do a roast chicken proper at the weeked. Tomorrow I will hear if I can cut down on bananas!! I really don't care as long as I can keep going and tonight, hooray, OH will make a curry. Hope your appetite returns WN, I'm sure it will. B2, you and your OH have been through such a lot you have my full permission to make life as easy and pleasant as possible! winksmile

replied on 27/08/2019 16:16

Posted on 27/08/2019 16:16

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Sanchas replied on 27/08/2019 16:48

Posted on 27/08/2019 16:48

Just done a 299 miler from Irrel on the border with Luxembourg to Augsburg, had a really good run, quite a few roadworks but no accidents ,vehicle fires or just plain weight of traffic like the journey from Calais yesterday. Onto Villach tomorrow then Vrsar next day. Vignettes already purchased and stuck on the windscreen.

Have to agree with David it really is hot here in Germany at present.

HelenandTrevor replied on 27/08/2019 17:32

Posted on 26/08/2019 09:44 by Bakers2

Helenandtrevor sorry to hear Trevor ear still not right. Is the 'clearing out' required because of the drops? I have never had drops for ear infections, as far as I can recall, for myself or the children and we all suffered recurrent infections - thankfully seem to be very few and far between theses days, although granddaughters in NZ get them but no drops.

Very very warm here again today 😲. Milliehull take your own shade in the form of an umbrella sunshade 😂😂. I know it won't be sufficient! 

Enjoy your day folks bbqs, garden parties or just plain chillin 😉

Posted on 27/08/2019 17:32

Bakers2,  The ear drops we hope are clearing up the infection, which is apparently a fungal infection, which us different to the normal child hood ones, they have to also clear the ear out. The doctor has told him it will take several weeks to clear completely. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 27/08/2019 17:49

Posted on 27/08/2019 17:49

Just catching up, sounds like all trips away have been, and are going well. Hope everyone enjoyed the BH and the sunny weather. 

We had a lovely time at the Plum Festival,  lots to see and do, plenty of classic cars too keep Trevor happy.wink Came away with lots of plums, but also some yummy cheeses and some Jam, plum of course.laughing  It us well worth a visit if in the area next August BH.  

Back at work today, it's been another very warm day, but had a shower this afternoon and now there is a bit of a breeze.

Had a video call with youngest son last night, they have been busy, painting and decorating their new house, done really well tackling lots of different DIY jobs with the help of youtube videos!  

Sorry to hear you have lost  your appetite Wherenext, I'am sure M&S have something to tempt you.wink I will have to find a few more recipes for all the plums I now have!  Plum crumble cake is one I am going to try.

Tammygirl replied on 27/08/2019 19:47

Posted on 27/08/2019 13:27 by Wherenext

Message for TammyGirl.

TG, we may have to change our tow car to accommodate any new caravan we buy. I was already thinking about a car that could accommodate the bikes inside it and read about your new Verso. 

What model is it? I know you said you could take the seats out, which would be ideal for what we may be looking for. And if it isn't any trouble would it be possible to take a picture of the bikes inside when you next load it so that I could see what it looks like. If it's not possible then don't worry about it.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Posted on 27/08/2019 19:47

WN, the one we have is the ProAce Verso family compact. Its 8 seats, 2 cab seats with arm rests. Then the middle row has a double seat and a single, the same with the back row, the backs of the seats are individual though so can be reclined/adjusted separately. There is a mid and longer version but we didn't like the cab as its a double seat and a single, like you get in vans. The double seat though doesn't have any adjustments or arm rest, I didn't find it that comfortable and given the miles we do felt it wasn't the best. 

The middle and rear seats can all come out fairly easy, the double though is on the heavy side so we lift it between us, best done from the rear of the vehicle rather than out the sliding door. We found you can remove the rear one,  then slide the middle one to the rear,  so you can have loading space at the rear  or in the middle, or like us on the next trip remove the lot. There is 4 anchor points to secure the load. If required you can reverse the middle seats to face backwards. 

OH says they are made by Toyota, Citroën and Peugeot all the same base vehicle, we also looked at VW and Hyundai. VW are of course very expensive, Hyundai seats don't all come out.

Road tax is £145, insurance is the same as the Kuga.

Lots of other features of course like all new cars we are still playing.

We are going away this weekend so will take photos of the bikes inside. Ours are 26" and 28" wheels ebikes and fit well.

Not sure how I'm going to post photos  them as I've never done that yet laughing

Hope this helps.

ABM replied on 27/08/2019 20:06

Posted on 13/08/2019 19:42 by Bakers2

Thanks ABM. Have a great trip, hopefully it won't be too muddy - but you'll enjoy it whatever 😉

Posted on 27/08/2019 20:06

Gosh, Bakers2,  it most certainly it was NOT muddy ! Very hot n dusty and enjoyable, well as much as it could be for the conditions !!

Thoroughly Enjoyable apart from the last hour, saying Farewell to fellow steam fans whom I have met over the years but will probably never meet again was quite emotional ! cry

But still I've started talking about 2020 . . . . . . well I'll still be under 80 ( just !! ) and if they still hire mobility scooters then who knows !

Oneputt replied on 27/08/2019 20:12

Posted on 27/08/2019 20:12

Totally different day to the 2 other CTers in Germany.  Interesting start to the day when a German gentleman (AD, DD & BB look away now) said he liked our van and were they exported to Germany.  He said that he had looked Coachman up and liked the layout.  He and his lady both came in for a look around.  I did explain the short comings, I.e. weight and suspect quality and he said don’t believe everything you read about continental vans, not my words so don’t shoot the messenger.

We decided not to use the Motorways for our trip to the Black-forest.  So our route took us from Garmish to Oberammergau, Füssen, (more photos of Neuschwanstein Castle).  Then on to Bodensee where we watched 2 x Zeppelins(?)  flying toward Fredrickshaven.  A lovely trip with mountains, rolling hills, lakes and dark forests.  Temperature was about 32C.  

KjellNN replied on 27/08/2019 20:30

Posted on 27/08/2019 20:30

We are also fans of M&S meals, when we are only two, it often hardly seems worth cooking from scratch.

Like brue, OH is expert at taking a meal base and adding veg etc.  Waitrose meals are also similar, and good.

Tonight we have just had  Chicken Kiev with baked potatoes, Cauliflower Cheese and sugar snap peas.....delicious!

We are not shopping as often at M&S as we used to,  mainly  down to cost, but we do shop there for the special offers, same at Waitrose.

Today we have just been at home, I have been in my workshop (garage) working on making wooden pens to sell, OH has been out shopping.

Very warm and humid here, despite being dull.

Touareg was serviced yesterday, all fine, and all good with MOT.  Front tyres are getting low, will swap them  with the rear ones meantime for a bit more wear, car has only gone 19000 miles in 3 years.

We have ordered some new tyres for the winter, Nokian WR SUV 3, mud and snow tyres, they should come on Friday, will keep them in DD's garage until after our next trip away and fit before winter sets in.

DD's car goes for service and MOT on Thursday, it seems to be going OK but is now 17 years old, so every MOT brings huge anxiety.  It has been costing her a fair bit in the last 2 years, but is still a good wee car (Volvo V40).

KjellNN replied on 27/08/2019 20:38

Posted on 27/08/2019 20:12 by Oneputt

Totally different day to the 2 other CTers in Germany.  Interesting start to the day when a German gentleman (AD, DD & BB look away now) said he liked our van and were they exported to Germany.  He said that he had looked Coachman up and liked the layout.  He and his lady both came in for a look around.  I did explain the short comings, I.e. weight and suspect quality and he said don’t believe everything you read about continental vans, not my words so don’t shoot the messenger.

We decided not to use the Motorways for our trip to the Black-forest.  So our route took us from Garmish to Oberammergau, Füssen, (more photos of Neuschwanstein Castle).  Then on to Bodensee where we watched 2 x Zeppelins(?)  flying toward Fredrickshaven.  A lovely trip with mountains, rolling hills, lakes and dark forests.  Temperature was about 32C.  

Posted on 27/08/2019 20:38

OP, we have also, over the years, had quite a few caravanners admiring our van, especially in Holland and Germany, they seem to like the styling and facilities inside, especially the shower room.  We have had quite long discussions with several of them, and they have also said that not all continental vans are fault free.....far from it apparently!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook