What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 27/08/2019 21:01

Posted on 27/08/2019 21:01

I mentioned a few days ago about Margaret's front crown that we thought had broken off and we weren't sure how extensive the remedy to problem would be. As it turns out a lot better than we thought. She had a proper appointment with her own dentist today. She just basically just bonded everything back together. Apparently according to her records it had been loose since 2001!!!

At least we can prepare for our three week September trip away. No doubt including quite a few ready meals from Waitrose. Always puzzles me why they do deals of three at a certain price, sometimes it's a mix and match selection so that is easy enough. No doubt M&S will come into play when we are away. Waitrose and M&S meals are about the right size. Some of the other supermarket meals can be a bit on the big size.

David

Wherenext replied on 27/08/2019 21:10

Posted on 27/08/2019 19:47 by Tammygirl

WN, the one we have is the ProAce Verso family compact. Its 8 seats, 2 cab seats with arm rests. Then the middle row has a double seat and a single, the same with the back row, the backs of the seats are individual though so can be reclined/adjusted separately. There is a mid and longer version but we didn't like the cab as its a double seat and a single, like you get in vans. The double seat though doesn't have any adjustments or arm rest, I didn't find it that comfortable and given the miles we do felt it wasn't the best. 

The middle and rear seats can all come out fairly easy, the double though is on the heavy side so we lift it between us, best done from the rear of the vehicle rather than out the sliding door. We found you can remove the rear one,  then slide the middle one to the rear,  so you can have loading space at the rear  or in the middle, or like us on the next trip remove the lot. There is 4 anchor points to secure the load. If required you can reverse the middle seats to face backwards. 

OH says they are made by Toyota, Citroën and Peugeot all the same base vehicle, we also looked at VW and Hyundai. VW are of course very expensive, Hyundai seats don't all come out.

Road tax is £145, insurance is the same as the Kuga.

Lots of other features of course like all new cars we are still playing.

We are going away this weekend so will take photos of the bikes inside. Ours are 26" and 28" wheels ebikes and fit well.

Not sure how I'm going to post photos  them as I've never done that yet laughing

Hope this helps.

Posted on 27/08/2019 21:10

That's brilliant TG. Many thanks.

We had some good news after posting. Insurers have agreed to meet the claim so we'll get a good payout. Still have to find a few thousand but it was touch and go for quite a while. Better outcome than we thought lossible at the time. Trouble is there is a distinct lack of our type of small to mediumish size alternatives out there, hence the possibility that we may have to upgrade car and put bikes inside.

Once again thanks. Don't worry if you can't get photos on. Don't give yourself more hassle.

milliehull replied on 27/08/2019 21:24

Posted on 27/08/2019 21:24

Another very busy and enjoyable morning at the Cathedral. Lots of lovely visitors. The Gaia exhibition is proving very popular although I think some people might have come in to cool off. No air con needed in the cathedral. We have had thunder, lightening and rain this evening but it is still very hot and humid. The guy I was on duty with today said he got up in the middle of the nigh last night and had a shower as he was so hot!!

I hope your appetite returns soon WN. I am sure M&S will help. Pleased to hear of the good result with your van insurance.

Good to hear that those away are enjoying their trips.

Tammygirl replied on 27/08/2019 21:26

Posted on 27/08/2019 21:26

Fairly slow day today just pottering around the house and garden.

Starting to get the itch for going away laughing

Belive it or not but we've never had a meal from  M&S or any of the other supermarkets  its not something I would think about. I tend to do a fair bit of batch cooking so usually have something in the freezer for a quick or lazy meal wink must have look in M&S next time we are in town.

Edit. Just saw your post WN, great news on your caravan insurance, hope you find something to suit.  

KjellNN replied on 27/08/2019 21:33

Posted on 27/08/2019 21:01 by DavidKlyne

I mentioned a few days ago about Margaret's front crown that we thought had broken off and we weren't sure how extensive the remedy to problem would be. As it turns out a lot better than we thought. She had a proper appointment with her own dentist today. She just basically just bonded everything back together. Apparently according to her records it had been lose since 2001!!!

At least we can prepare for our three week September trip away. No doubt including quite a few ready meals from Waitrose. Always puzzles me why they do deals of three at a certain price, sometimes it's a mix and match selection so that is easy enough. No doubt M&S will come into play when we are away. Waitrose and M&S meals are about the right size. Some of the other supermarket meals can be a bit on the big size.

David

Posted on 27/08/2019 21:33

OH, who knows about these things, tells me that the offers at Waitrose and M&S are any 3 marked items for £10, and usually a very good selection to choose from.

She stocks up before we go away, freezes most of them, then fills the caravan freezer bit, which is quite large.  That way we always have a meal even if we are not near a town to buy stuff.

Wherenext replied on 27/08/2019 22:01

Posted on 27/08/2019 22:01

Kj, we were in Tesco in Bridlington this year. They had a meal deal on but I couldn't find any dessert that was GF so I asked if I could just not choose the dessert. NO! I must choose something even if I throw it away, was the reply otherwise meal deal no longer applied.

Same problem at M&S. Nothing I could choose so assistant told me to choose an alternative from the Free From section and she would sort it out at the checkout.The difference in customer care.

We left the Tesco store without buying anything, made an official complaint and HO basically endorsed the shop by confirming I should buy food just to throw it away! But why not just include an item of fruit or cheese as dessert? Too easy an answer.

nelliethehooker replied on 27/08/2019 22:17

Posted on 27/08/2019 22:17

Interesting couple of days.....Yesterday tried to connect van to mains and had the PDU trip out. Finally decided it was the charger itself that was the problem. Service engineer came round this afternoon, took the unit apart and found that the mains plug into it was nearly melted through and the casing was burnt too. Had the unit replaced and all seems fine now...fingers crossed. We are very fortunate that the problem didn't occur during our last trip, and that the plastic casing of the PDU didn't catch fire....phew!! This morning we had a plumber round to move a radiator as we are going to have a window replaced by a set of patio doors. Job went well too, easier than anticipated. Just have to the window firm round to do the final measuring up for installation after our next trip.

Weather was hot yesterday but a good bit cooler today with clouds coming in during the afternoon and the odd spot of rain, with more forecast for tomorrow.

replied on 28/08/2019 06:57

Posted on 27/08/2019 20:12 by Oneputt

Totally different day to the 2 other CTers in Germany.  Interesting start to the day when a German gentleman (AD, DD & BB look away now) said he liked our van and were they exported to Germany.  He said that he had looked Coachman up and liked the layout.  He and his lady both came in for a look around.  I did explain the short comings, I.e. weight and suspect quality and he said don’t believe everything you read about continental vans, not my words so don’t shoot the messenger.

We decided not to use the Motorways for our trip to the Black-forest.  So our route took us from Garmish to Oberammergau, Füssen, (more photos of Neuschwanstein Castle).  Then on to Bodensee where we watched 2 x Zeppelins(?)  flying toward Fredrickshaven.  A lovely trip with mountains, rolling hills, lakes and dark forests.  Temperature was about 32C.  

Posted on 28/08/2019 06:57

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 28/08/2019 07:05

Posted on 27/08/2019 16:48 by Sanchas

Just done a 299 miler from Irrel on the border with Luxembourg to Augsburg, had a really good run, quite a few roadworks but no accidents ,vehicle fires or just plain weight of traffic like the journey from Calais yesterday. Onto Villach tomorrow then Vrsar next day. Vignettes already purchased and stuck on the windscreen.

Have to agree with David it really is hot here in Germany at present.

Posted on 28/08/2019 07:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Oneputt replied on 28/08/2019 07:27

Posted on 28/08/2019 07:27

Doesn’t bear thinking about Nellie, fire in an LV would be my worse nightmare. Lucky you got on to it early.

Having first coffee of the morning watching deer grazing in the dappled light across the valley whilst being serenaded by a couple of chainsaws🌞

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook