What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 15/11/2019 10:31

Posted on 15/11/2019 10:31

It’s briefly stopped raining here. Big caravan storage area is flooded though, not far away. More roads closed, but nothing like as bad as last week. Will be cleared quickly. They have managed to get station back open, although how far up the line you can actually get is a bit of a mystery. OH can reclaim all of his rail fare from last weeks trip, as all his trains were cancelled.

Meanwhile, indoor work is ongoing. Our attic is current project. 

Goldie146 replied on 15/11/2019 10:41

Posted on 14/11/2019 19:50 by Wherenext

Had a pint and a lovely meal in The Oddfellows Bar in Keswick as always it was great although disappointed to learn the no longer brew Snecklifter Ale. 

Anyone know what a Sneck is and why it needs lifting? Any answers welcomed but try to keep it clean.smile Hope you get some decent weather Francis.

Posted on 15/11/2019 10:41

Most of our interior doors are opened/closed by a sneck.

Photos of both sides of kitchen to hall door.

Ignore the dust and scrow!

Tammygirl replied on 15/11/2019 10:51

Posted on 15/11/2019 07:51 by

We have used Commons  Wood a few times as BIL lives in WGC too. We took our new van there in March  after picking it up  to try everything out before coming home.  There were no facilities at the  time as the block was being refurbished and that was fine for what we we were doing. However a serious fire broke out in the early hours while we were there and 3 appliances attended, probably due to the proximity of the gas tank and the storage compound.  I assume the work is finished now.

Posted on 15/11/2019 10:51

Work all finished now David.

I do find the layout of the site strange in as much as the h/s pitches are arranged around the far side of the site.

There is a big grass area in the middle which is used in good weather. However there is not a path from the h/s across the grass. The h/s pitches are mostly under the tall trees around the edge of the site, the rest are foward of them but as the trees are blocking the suns path just about all of them are in the shade.

The only place on site that had sun yesterday was the now unused grass area and the toilet block. Could have been layed out better.

Yet another site where all the facilities are roped off at the same time. I can understand why they keep it roped off after cleaning, to allow it to dry. However why rope off the rest until they are ready to clean it.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/11/2019 11:01

Posted on 15/11/2019 10:41 by Goldie146

Most of our interior doors are opened/closed by a sneck.

Photos of both sides of kitchen to hall door.

Ignore the dust and scrow!

Posted on 15/11/2019 11:01

They are called snecks round here a well. Latch to those who differ.

replied on 15/11/2019 11:14

Posted on 15/11/2019 10:51 by Tammygirl

Work all finished now David.

I do find the layout of the site strange in as much as the h/s pitches are arranged around the far side of the site.

There is a big grass area in the middle which is used in good weather. However there is not a path from the h/s across the grass. The h/s pitches are mostly under the tall trees around the edge of the site, the rest are foward of them but as the trees are blocking the suns path just about all of them are in the shade.

The only place on site that had sun yesterday was the now unused grass area and the toilet block. Could have been layed out better.

Yet another site where all the facilities are roped off at the same time. I can understand why they keep it roped off after cleaning, to allow it to dry. However why rope off the rest until they are ready to clean it.

Posted on 15/11/2019 11:14

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tammygirl replied on 15/11/2019 11:37

Posted on 15/11/2019 11:14 by

When we were there it was as now just hard standings and "on paper" full not that it was anywhere near. We requested a move from under the trees due to the loud dripping and the warden after remarking about being full did find us another pitch away from the trees. We were there 3 days and at no time were there more than a dozen outfits on the "full site" We find it a useful site for family visits and as long as we are not asked to go on the grass it rather resembles the type of "proper" site we are used to.

Posted on 15/11/2019 11:37

Quite a few here just now though not full, not far off when we arrived yesterday but loads of leavers this morning.

A fair amount of non awning pitches, in fact these are the better ones if you don't want to be under trees. 

Its a convenient site for us to visit my brother, not sure I'd use it otherwise guess time will tell.

No rain just now but ground very wet.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/11/2019 11:47

Posted on 15/11/2019 11:01 by Takethedogalong

They are called snecks round here a well. Latch to those who differ.

Posted on 15/11/2019 11:47

+1👍🏻, we had to replace the original sneck, hence the gap. The modern copies are smaller, the original was a big old piece of hardware I still have it but am loathe to mess with it’s original patina.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/11/2019 13:12

Posted on 15/11/2019 13:12

I can still hear my lovely Nana saying “ make sure the sneck is on”

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook