What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 14/11/2019 20:49

Posted on 14/11/2019 20:49

Thanks Kj.

I did try to make your link live but I kept losing the signal at the wrong moment. Will try again in a minute or so.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/11/2019 21:16

Posted on 14/11/2019 21:16

Another dry morning, but still cold. Didn't do much this morning apart from some tidying up in the garden while OH completed the washing. Flu jab in the afternoon after a spot of shopping and make a  couple more appointments, for next week, as we walked trough town.

Hope all that are effected by the rain are safe and sound, and not washed out.

SteveL replied on 14/11/2019 21:19

Posted on 14/11/2019 21:19

Our van is stored under cover, so the solar panel is useless. I’m pretty sure that the battery is being drained, as in your case. As it’s an insurance/cover requirement to have an active alarm, taking it away to be recharged isn’t an option. Looks like the only option is to get another battery, and interchange.

We interchanged the battery for that reason on our caravan (no solar panel) about every 6 weeks. Only problem was carrying / installing the 25kg of battery ☹️ in the tight confines of the storage compound.

Tammygirl replied on 14/11/2019 23:26

Posted on 14/11/2019 23:26

Very heavy rain overnight in Brighton but woke to a beautiful but chilly morning.

Left the site heading for the motorway, took us 40 mins to get there due to roadworks. Good drive on the M25 north, couple of numpties doing 45 mph in the middle lane.

We've never been to this site before, Commons Wood,  thought it would be bigger only 44 pitches in the low season.  Yet there are 2 sets of wardens living in mobile homes at the entrance to the site. Big' ish storage area on site. Seems to be fairly quiet to say where it is.

Went to see big brother late afternoon, only got back to site just before 10.00pm. Thought I could talk laughing forgotten were I got it from laughinglaughing

Dry all day here but only 3c as we got back tonight so might get a frost overnight, rain forecast for tomorrow here. Hope there is no more flooding for the poor souls who got hit last week.

Stay safe folks where ever you are.

Francis replied on 14/11/2019 23:37

Posted on 14/11/2019 19:29 by Cornersteady

is that TB head site I recall? do you like it?

Really jealous, love Keswick!

Posted on 14/11/2019 23:37

Yes that’s right lovely site we love coming here although haven’t been here since last September. Keswick is lovely although not very busy today. We always make a point of going in to The Oddfellows Bar while we were there another 4 people asked for a pint of Snecklifter think they have made a mistake not selling it anymore.

Cornersteady replied on 14/11/2019 23:58

Posted on 14/11/2019 23:37 by Francis

Yes that’s right lovely site we love coming here although haven’t been here since last September. Keswick is lovely although not very busy today. We always make a point of going in to The Oddfellows Bar while we were there another 4 people asked for a pint of Snecklifter think they have made a mistake not selling it anymore.

Posted on 14/11/2019 23:58

Enjoy it Francis. Going to go there maybe first week in December for the Keswick Christmas lights.

replied on 15/11/2019 07:51

Posted on 14/11/2019 23:26 by Tammygirl

Very heavy rain overnight in Brighton but woke to a beautiful but chilly morning.

Left the site heading for the motorway, took us 40 mins to get there due to roadworks. Good drive on the M25 north, couple of numpties doing 45 mph in the middle lane.

We've never been to this site before, Commons Wood,  thought it would be bigger only 44 pitches in the low season.  Yet there are 2 sets of wardens living in mobile homes at the entrance to the site. Big' ish storage area on site. Seems to be fairly quiet to say where it is.

Went to see big brother late afternoon, only got back to site just before 10.00pm. Thought I could talk laughing forgotten were I got it from laughinglaughing

Dry all day here but only 3c as we got back tonight so might get a frost overnight, rain forecast for tomorrow here. Hope there is no more flooding for the poor souls who got hit last week.

Stay safe folks where ever you are.

Posted on 15/11/2019 07:51

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 15/11/2019 10:29

Posted on 15/11/2019 10:29

Hope you're enjoying your Cumbrian stay Francis, we'll have to wait till spring to get up there once more.

TG we've not tried CW but I had thought about it for an overnight en route to Norfolk, glad you enjoyed seeing your brother!

We went to see "The Lady Vanishes" (Hitchcock play) last night, a classic thirties thriller. It's on tour with Gwen Taylor, Denis Lill and others. They played it in a very thirties "terribly, terribly" clipped style. Good fun, if I'd got us better seats we might have seen what was happening round the corner of the excellent scenery! wink

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook