What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 15/11/2019 20:50

Posted on 15/11/2019 20:50

We had a lovely day today we visited the Lakeland Motor museum which was excellent we spent almost 4 hours there they have some lovely cars also a couple of interesting old caravans. The Campbell exhibition was very good too with a Bluebird replica. On our way back to the site we stopped in at The Kirkstone Inn for a drink as always excellent it was only half 5 so wasn’t busy so we managed to grab a seat next to the fire which was great. Site is a bit busier tonight we are just staying in watching  the TV and having a drink in the van not just as cold tonight. Hope everyone else has had a nice day.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/11/2019 21:15

Posted on 15/11/2019 21:15

Nostalgic afternoon for me. Fetched all our remaining horse tack down from attic, saddle, bridle, girth’s, bits. All cleaned and oiled. Saddle and girth’s will be going, but we shall keep the bridle. Many treasured memories, lots of happy fun filled hours. We got rid of most stuff years ago, just a few special pieces remain. Fingers crossed the saddle goes, that would fund a few holidays!

Cornersteady replied on 15/11/2019 21:48

Posted on 15/11/2019 20:50 by Francis

We had a lovely day today we visited the Lakeland Motor museum which was excellent we spent almost 4 hours there they have some lovely cars also a couple of interesting old caravans. The Campbell exhibition was very good too with a Bluebird replica. On our way back to the site we stopped in at The Kirkstone Inn for a drink as always excellent it was only half 5 so wasn’t busy so we managed to grab a seat next to the fire which was great. Site is a bit busier tonight we are just staying in watching  the TV and having a drink in the van not just as cold tonight. Hope everyone else has had a nice day.

Posted on 15/11/2019 21:48

is the chip van still turning up?

ABM replied on 15/11/2019 21:50

Posted on 15/11/2019 21:50

Oh, dearie me yes TTDA surprised  the pleasures to be obtained from horses !!

Out riding down the beach at Dunbar, fifty odd years since and before we were wise enough to know that such numbers of horses may well have their own hierarchy. I was getting a bit of speed up, the one I was passing snapped a fine set of gnashers into my nags shoulder, so it went sharp left!!  Suffice to say I carried on in my blissful ignorance, described the perfect flying double  forward roll along the beach { The only one I ever did smile } and got some gritty Scottish sand in some strange places   !!  Re-mounted,finished the work-out,  and retired from geegee life !  I think my language just might have been the last straw for  that relationship !  Never saw her nor the back of a horse in close up again after that holiday  frown

nelliethehooker replied on 15/11/2019 22:03

Posted on 15/11/2019 22:03

Fine sunny but cool day here and a much busier one too. I was at the dentist before 8:45 to get a filling replaced, and then when I got home cleaned the outside of the caravan. Still fine after lunch so cleaned the car as well. Not use to all this hard work and can feel the effects of it in my arms, and thighs too, from going up and down my steps to clean the van roof.

JVB66 replied on 15/11/2019 22:13

Posted on 15/11/2019 10:51 by Tammygirl

Work all finished now David.

I do find the layout of the site strange in as much as the h/s pitches are arranged around the far side of the site.

There is a big grass area in the middle which is used in good weather. However there is not a path from the h/s across the grass. The h/s pitches are mostly under the tall trees around the edge of the site, the rest are foward of them but as the trees are blocking the suns path just about all of them are in the shade.

The only place on site that had sun yesterday was the now unused grass area and the toilet block. Could have been layed out better.

Yet another site where all the facilities are roped off at the same time. I can understand why they keep it roped off after cleaning, to allow it to dry. However why rope off the rest until they are ready to clean it.

Posted on 15/11/2019 22:13

There is a service toilet at the rear of the facilties block when the main area is being cleaned, and the reason it's all "roped off" as has been found on numerous occasions on many sites? , Members never seem to know when cleaning times start and hold up cleaning by using them when staff need to startundecided But always seem to know when the cleaning should be completedsurprised

Ps the site is leased  (7yrs left on lease)from  Lord Salisburys estate and any "work" on site has to be "discussed" and agreed with the estate (like Chatsworth)IMHO the ground is worth many millions as a building plot as has happened where the hospital was (now replaced with the much smaller urgent care centre and clinics)

replied on 15/11/2019 22:37

Posted on 15/11/2019 11:08 by brue

It was nice to learn a new word, not heard it before. smile

Posted on 15/11/2019 22:37

The user and all related content has been deleted

Francis replied on 15/11/2019 22:56

Posted on 15/11/2019 21:48 by Cornersteady

is the chip van still turning up?

Posted on 15/11/2019 22:56

Funny enough we were just talking about that today. It’s not been here so far and I haven’t saw the sign giving the dates and times ect. Shame as the chips are always nice from that van.

Tammygirl replied on 15/11/2019 23:58

Posted on 15/11/2019 22:13 by JVB66

There is a service toilet at the rear of the facilties block when the main area is being cleaned, and the reason it's all "roped off" as has been found on numerous occasions on many sites? , Members never seem to know when cleaning times start and hold up cleaning by using them when staff need to startundecided But always seem to know when the cleaning should be completedsurprised

Ps the site is leased  (7yrs left on lease)from  Lord Salisburys estate and any "work" on site has to be "discussed" and agreed with the estate (like Chatsworth)IMHO the ground is worth many millions as a building plot as has happened where the hospital was (now replaced with the much smaller urgent care centre and clinics)

Posted on 15/11/2019 23:58

Well thank you for the explanation JV, however some sites seem to manage to do the gents at say 10.30, then the ladies at 11.15, followed by the dish wash and laundry, finishing all task by 12.00.

Shame when they rebuilt the facilities they didn't make sure the plumbing or pump etc was up to the job. Water pressure is pathetic in both showers and sinks. 

Didn't go for our meal tonight after all, now rescheduled for tomorrow.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook