What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 18/11/2019 20:28

Posted on 18/11/2019 20:28

Gorgeous if cold day up here. We went to Harrogate to pick up an eBay purchase, but gave the town a swerve and headed off to Fountains Abbey for a walk and some history. Lovely day for it, not many folks around. Stopped off in Wetherby on way home for a meal, a nice day out.

milliehull replied on 18/11/2019 20:35

Posted on 18/11/2019 20:35

Tammygirl we always use the C&MC site a8s the CC&C looks rather dark - too many trees!

Grand-daughter not too well today. She rang this morning to say she had a funny turn and couldn't drive please could we pick her up from school (she is a teacher) so OH went over and collected her and brough her back here. Apparently she felt dizzy, faint and odd. So I suggested she ring her midwife which she did. Midwife said her last blood count was a  bit low and thought that was the reason so to go for another blood test this afternoon. I think it was related to the car accident and that she had a busy and tiring weekend. She carried on with her social activities on Sunday (despite my advice to rest😠). She spent the day at ours resting and had a sleep after lunch and we took her for the blood test this afternoon after which we took her home as her fiance was back from work by then. Hopefully she will be OK tomorrow.

nelliethehooker replied on 18/11/2019 20:50

Posted on 18/11/2019 20:50

Sorry to hear about your accident, millie and that your grand-daughter is not feeling too well. Hope things improve for her tomorrow.

Sounds like a good day out tda. Makes a change from all the rain that you've been having.

Yesterday was dull and a bit wet. Managed to get 3 of the lounge walls painted at last...have had the paint since our autumn trip to Cornwall/Devon last year!! Only managed a short while on CT yesterday because of the football and BBC's 2 evening programmes. Woke to a fine day after a very frosty night. Completed the painting before lunch and then hoovered out the caravan this afternoon.

DavidKlyne replied on 18/11/2019 20:58

Posted on 18/11/2019 20:58

Been quite nice day here in MK. I even managed to cut the hedge which I have been plucking up the enthusiasm to do for the last few weeks. Fortunately it was just a trim rather than a full cut! Raked up even more leaves.

It has actually been quite a traumatic weekend. Got a phone call on Saturday evening to say eldest son in A&E at MK. He had been out with a friend on his Trail Mountain Bike and came off and hit his head, fortunately he was wearing a helmet. Apparently he was  unconscious for a short time. He did have a brain scan which seemed OK. Not only that but he has broken five ribs, his shoulder and the wrist on his other arm. He was discharged today. I think he has been pretty lucky. Knowing him he will be thinking about going to work any time soon!

David

HelenandTrevor replied on 18/11/2019 21:32

Posted on 18/11/2019 21:32

Just having a quick look in to see what you've all been up to.

Sorry to read about your accident Millie, and about your son DK.

We are up in the Peak District,  had a wonderful day out and about on Mam Tor and Lose Hill weather has been great. ☺ Lots of Paragliders over the hills today.

Now making the most of the pubs in Castleton πŸ˜‰ one more to go!! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Takethedogalong replied on 18/11/2019 21:54

Posted on 18/11/2019 21:54

Nags Head and The George are our favourites! I think Tuesday might be Pie Night at the George!

Takethedogalong replied on 18/11/2019 21:59

Posted on 18/11/2019 20:58 by DavidKlyne

Been quite nice day here in MK. I even managed to cut the hedge which I have been plucking up the enthusiasm to do for the last few weeks. Fortunately it was just a trim rather than a full cut! Raked up even more leaves.

It has actually been quite a traumatic weekend. Got a phone call on Saturday evening to say eldest son in A&E at MK. He had been out with a friend on his Trail Mountain Bike and came off and hit his head, fortunately he was wearing a helmet. Apparently he was  unconscious for a short time. He did have a brain scan which seemed OK. Not only that but he has broken five ribs, his shoulder and the wrist on his other arm. He was discharged today. I think he has been pretty lucky. Knowing him he will be thinking about going to work any time soon!

David

Posted on 18/11/2019 21:59

Crikey DK, that a bit of a pile up! Hope he mends up ok, and that you GD is ok as well Millie. 

You sound like us Nellie, we buy paint and wallpaper, but holidays get in the way! Attic is going well at the moment though, and my hedging plants arrive tomorrow, so we shall both be busy!

Wherenext replied on 18/11/2019 21:59

Posted on 18/11/2019 21:59

That sounded nasty David. Good job he had his helmet on.

I've been doing some trimming today as well. The Hawthorn hedge at the bottom of the garden. This was supposed to be done in August and it was the day I ended up in A&E so never got around to it. It had its revenge for every bit of cutting I did. Scratches all over me. I wouldn't mind but its a ratty old thing, I suppose it would feel the same about me.laughing

You've hit lucky with the weather Helen. Nice day for a stroll. I was listening to Ewan Maccoll singing about being a Manchester Rambler today! Good timing.

ABM replied on 18/11/2019 22:25

Posted on 18/11/2019 22:25

Sitting here worrying like blazes 'cos it's getting confusing  !

Despite the REGULAR  CTers Ive just found a new one ( To me that is  )  with the name  " Nelliethedog " I could get verrrry  muddled now  embarassed  !

EDIT / P.S.

Just done a little research to calm me down before bed  and I've found quite a few posts by said Nelliethedog ==  think it must just be my age  !!

Good night, insulin & bed calling     zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

milliehull replied on 18/11/2019 22:42

Posted on 18/11/2019 22:42

Oh goodness David that sounds traumatic.  What a worry.  I do hope your son will be OK.  It seems that Saturday evening was not a good night in MK.

Helen it sounds as though you are having a great time in the Peak District.  You are so lucky with the weather.  Will you be seeing your son and his girlfriend while you are there?

Good luck with the painting and decorating Nellie. Not our favourite job!

Clearing our loft is still on our 'to do' list' TDA.  Well done you.

It has been a beautiful day here today.  Wall to wall sunshine although very cold.  I can cope with this.  I think we might need to de-ice the cars in the morning though!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook