What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

SteveL replied on 02/12/2019 18:54

Posted on 02/12/2019 18:54

Nice sunny day here and a bit warmer than of late , so we decided to do some Christmas shopping. As the item we wanted was out of stock at our local B&Q we decide to go to one 20 odd miles away which had several of the item. Took a bit longer than we expected as there had been an accident, air ambulance parked in field and road closed.

Eventually got there, found the item and credit card declined.☹️Used an alternative and when we arrived home sat down to phone to find out why. Whilst waiting for it to connect, I was looking at the card and realised it had expired at the end of November.embarassed Then I remembered about 6 weeks ago Barclays sent us some new cards. However, unlike our other cards there was no overlap, they started on the 1st December.  So rather than carry them about for 6 weeks, we put them in a drawer and forgot about them.😂

Tammygirl replied on 02/12/2019 19:15

Posted on 02/12/2019 19:15

Not seen a canvasser here, one or 2 walking up and down the street but nothing at our door. Would love one from the Indyref lot I could do with a nice chat wink

Ironing done and put away bed remade dinner over OH doing dishes.

Haven't even given Christmas presents a thought yet, the Gkids are all sorted as they all want money. Sons and DIL's we don't do anymore as they decided that once the kids came along, the money should be spent on them. OH and I tend to buy things for ourselves then do a swap, saves me taking stuff back later on and him pretending he likes it. laughing

As we are not having Christmas day here (going to niece's) I'm not even going to bother getting in a load of christmas food. I think I'm just fed up with it all these days, we used to have a house full when serving in Germany but not these days.

brue replied on 02/12/2019 19:37

Posted on 02/12/2019 19:37

Christmas arrangements went pear shaped here. originally looking forward to a quiet lunch with sister and BIL at their home. Now they are looking forward to a not so quiet lunch here with four others, just after son and family return home on Christmas Eve after a three night stay...once more "into" the cooker, I think that's what Henry V said didn't he?! laughing

KjellNN replied on 02/12/2019 20:12

Posted on 02/12/2019 20:12

We "retired" from hosting Christmas a few years back, as has our son's MIL, so now we will go to son this year, with his in laws, while DD and family go to SIL's family.  Next year we and DS etc will be at DD's, as we were last year.

We all take along a contribution, the hosts decide what we should bring.  Usually we take a starter and a dessert, the hosts provide the main course.

To facilitate exchanging presents between those who will not meet up on Christmas Day, this year, for the first time, we have invited our son and family and our daughter and family for lunch at 2pm on Christmas Eve, so I will no doubt be doing the dusting while OH organises the food!

We have only had one canvasser here, who came while we were making dinner, so they got short shrift, but we have had a few while in charge at DD's house.  One I think regretted ringing the bell as I bent his ear over why, as a resident and taxpayer since 1970, I could not vote here!

milliehull replied on 02/12/2019 20:28

Posted on 02/12/2019 20:28

Its been a very cold  sunny and frosty day here today. I had to break the ice on one of the bird baths. The other one is glass so I didnt like to try. It didnt thaw all day. We had hoped to plant some bulbs today as it is at last dry - no chance. The soil is like concrete. Pregnant grand-daughter had a day off today so came over this afternoon for a catch up, to inspect and help with our Christmas decorations and raid the advent calendar!

Freddy55 replied on 02/12/2019 20:38

Posted on 02/12/2019 20:38

Had some shocking news on Saturday. The wife took a phone call from her sisters husband. He told her that that her sister (his wife) had suffered several heart attacks, until the final one that killed her. Needless to say, we are all still in a state of shock. She was a lovely lady, and only 60. I’d known her for 45 years, never a cross word. One or two of you might recall me speaking of a cruise a couple of months back? Well, it was the four of us. Some nice memories, but gone well before her time. We still can’t believe it...

JVB66 replied on 02/12/2019 20:43

Posted on 02/12/2019 20:38 by Freddy55

Had some shocking news on Saturday. The wife took a phone call from her sisters husband. He told her that that her sister (his wife) had suffered several heart attacks, until the final one that killed her. Needless to say, we are all still in a state of shock. She was a lovely lady, and only 60. I’d known her for 45 years, never a cross word. One or two of you might recall me speaking of a cruise a couple of months back? Well, it was the four of us. Some nice memories, but gone well before her time. We still can’t believe it...

Posted on 02/12/2019 20:43

Thats terrible news Freddy so sorry for your OH and you my condolences to you all

Wherenext replied on 02/12/2019 21:00

Posted on 02/12/2019 21:00

Goodness me Freddy, that's awful news. Condolences to you and your wife and to all concerned. 

Freddy55 replied on 02/12/2019 21:01

Posted on 02/12/2019 20:43 by JVB66

Thats terrible news Freddy so sorry for your OH and you my condolences to you all

Posted on 02/12/2019 21:01

Thanks JVB. I forgot to mention, his Dad died just over two weeks ago. It’s bad enough for us, but I can’t imagine what he’s going through...

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook