What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 09/12/2019 14:37

Posted on 09/12/2019 14:37

Now It's time for me to put this CT nonsense to bed for a few hours and, instead, get back to those poor slides that have been gathering some of Goldies redundant dust embarassed.  So bye for a few hours  innocentkiss

brue replied on 09/12/2019 17:56

Posted on 09/12/2019 17:56

GP appointment this AM and then more Christmas shopping, which finished me off for the rest of the day! High wind speeds coming in tonight so it will be noisy yet again but at least it was dry today.

TG. Good to hear the first check up went well for your OH.

Goldie, I have a close friend from primary school, since we were five, she is the only one except my sister who can go right back to our beginnings so we can chunter away about anything! Glad you all had a nice weekend.

smile

DavidKlyne replied on 09/12/2019 21:17

Posted on 09/12/2019 21:17

Went into CMK today to try and get the bulk of our Christmas shopping done. Not totally successful but we made progress. We parked in the new high tech multi storey car park but because it was busy we had to use level four, or the roof!!! Got back to car park and paid our £1 for two hours (four minutes to spare!) Got back to car and as soon as we hit the downward ramp it was chock a block as cars from all floors were trying to exit. When we got to the barrier it normally opens automatically but this time no. I had to pay another pound before the barrier would open! When I got back I emailed the company and they said they allow 15 minutes between payment and exit, it took us 19 minutes. They have offered to refund but I was trying to impress on them that they need to be a bit more flexible at busy times.

David

KjellNN replied on 09/12/2019 21:41

Posted on 09/12/2019 21:41

Quite sunny here today, but cold.  Forecast for tomorrow is more rain and wind.

Work on utility room still progressing slowly, and tomorrow we have booked an afternoon off to write our Christmas cards and defrost a freezer, then we are back "on duty"  for the rest of the week.ลต

nelliethehooker replied on 09/12/2019 21:42

Posted on 09/12/2019 04:15 by richardandros

Have a safe journey, Nellie.  I've just checked the weather reports along our route and it's looking OK.  As you can see, it's an early start for us because I want to leave here by 6am and be in Tebay by 9am to give us as much daylight as possible for the journey back home.

Posted on 09/12/2019 21:42

Thanks R&R, Hope that you made it back home safe and sound. It was a bit windy over by the coast when we set off but by the time we got to further inland the wind had dropped and the journey was fine, in beautiful sunny weather. We're the only van on site so had our pick of H/S. Cold but a little breeze after lunch but invigorating walk brought a colour back to our cheeks. Clear sky tonight so there will be a hard frost tonight I expect.

ABM replied on 09/12/2019 22:01

Posted on 09/12/2019 22:01

Phew, Evening all -- I've  just got thro' 400 slides, evening meal and associated all cards with correct sized envelopes so not a bad result wink.  I can visit The Aged One tomorrow with a clear conscience and a packet of cat treats for Alfie and a ( smaller ) one for the visiting whippet mutt - Brian does like animals, is a fully fledged member of R S P B , but cheerfully admits to really liking moggies  wink. Back on here to check up on you lot, then a nice warm bed will be calling, so , in case I snooze over my keyboard, I'll wish you all a fond fare well & Good Nightsmile

richardandros replied on 10/12/2019 07:21

Posted on 09/12/2019 21:42 by nelliethehooker

Thanks R&R, Hope that you made it back home safe and sound. It was a bit windy over by the coast when we set off but by the time we got to further inland the wind had dropped and the journey was fine, in beautiful sunny weather. We're the only van on site so had our pick of H/S. Cold but a little breeze after lunch but invigorating walk brought a colour back to our cheeks. Clear sky tonight so there will be a hard frost tonight I expect.

Posted on 10/12/2019 07:21

Yes we did, thanks Nellie (and TG) - although 7 hours driving and 4 of those with the van on the back was about as much as I could cope with.

We nearly turned round on the way there when we stopped off at Wettherby services - it was much windier than had been forecast and when I checked the forecast for back home, the 17mph winds had suddenly become 44+!!!!

Fortunately, it had died down a lot by the time we got to Tebay and the steady journey at 50mph on the motorway went without incident.  I think the van being 8' wide and fairly heavy, helped.

Now safely 'tucked in' on the drive - just have to start loading it prior to going to Sandringham for Christmas.

Goldie146 replied on 10/12/2019 10:58

Posted on 10/12/2019 10:58

Very wet and windy here today. A contrast to yesterday which was perfect hedging weather.

I'm reading posts on this thread as light relief from ones in some more serious sections of this forum. Nitpicking and point scoring abounds. 

The photo is not from the blue sky day of yesterday, but last week. Whatever the weather the work goes on. Today it's plumbing for some new equipment in the dairy. (A Milk Taxi).

brue replied on 10/12/2019 11:05

Posted on 10/12/2019 11:05

Strangely enough I was admiring some hedge laying on the Montacute Estate yesterday, a nice run of it, you don't see much around and it always looks good. Mind you I don't know how they managed it years ago  when the rest of farming was done by hand too, the general work is hard enough even now.

Takethedogalong replied on 10/12/2019 11:16

Posted on 10/12/2019 11:16

Nice hedging Goldie. 

Glad you survived your pick up R&R, I was thinking of you yesterday, it certainly was blowing a bit yesterday morning. But a beautiful day later. Foul outside now though.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook