What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

richardandros replied on 10/12/2019 12:08

Posted on 10/12/2019 12:08

"I'm reading posts on this thread as light relief from ones in some more serious sections of this forum. Nitpicking and point scoring abounds."

I'm pleased I'm not the only one that thinks that, Goldie. I thought we were all on here to enjoy our hobby / way of life - and to help each other if possible.  Some of the 'discussions' are more akin to what might be heard in the school playground rather than between mature adults!

richardandros replied on 10/12/2019 12:14

Posted on 10/12/2019 11:16 by Takethedogalong

Nice hedging Goldie. 

Glad you survived your pick up R&R, I was thinking of you yesterday, it certainly was blowing a bit yesterday morning. But a beautiful day later. Foul outside now though.

Posted on 10/12/2019 12:14

Thanks TTDA - kind of you. I expected the wind to increase as we went west on the A66, but the reverse happened. Just shows how unpredictable the weather really is!

The one I felt sorry for was Meg, our Cockapoo.  8 hours in the car - in her cage - and never complains.  She had a good run on the beach, this morning just to make up for it, thoughsmile

brue replied on 10/12/2019 12:15

Posted on 10/12/2019 12:15

Very strong winds here, once more, OH is convinced we're going to lose a tree (a sixty foot birch with a bit of a lean!) I hope we don't as it's one of three and it will look odd with just two...frown

Waiting for various deliveries today so am stuck till they arrive.

Takethedogalong replied on 10/12/2019 12:21

Posted on 10/12/2019 12:14 by richardandros

Thanks TTDA - kind of you. I expected the wind to increase as we went west on the A66, but the reverse happened. Just shows how unpredictable the weather really is!

The one I felt sorry for was Meg, our Cockapoo.  8 hours in the car - in her cage - and never complains.  She had a good run on the beach, this morning just to make up for it, thoughsmile

Posted on 10/12/2019 12:21

I think if your car is comfy, and there are regular toilet stops and leg stretches, Meg would rather be with you!😁 Our Lab goes everywhere with us, in back boot space of Jeep. Plenty of room, warm but not stifling, he loves it. He has a permanent “where are we now” expression on his face. So long as his Dad is close by, he is happy. ❤️

Tammygirl replied on 10/12/2019 13:17

Posted on 10/12/2019 13:17

Dark wet and windy today, lights have been on since we got up. 

Have done nothing this morning just sat and plinked and plonked on my laptop laughing

Got to go into town and then some food shopping 'again' where does it all go. 

OH not done anything other than wash and shave either, what a pair of lazy so and so's.

Wish I was somewhere warmer, dryer and sunny frown

Good to hear R&R and NTH had safe trips yesterday, horrible towing in wind and rain.

richardandros replied on 10/12/2019 13:39

Posted on 10/12/2019 12:21 by Takethedogalong

I think if your car is comfy, and there are regular toilet stops and leg stretches, Meg would rather be with you!😁 Our Lab goes everywhere with us, in back boot space of Jeep. Plenty of room, warm but not stifling, he loves it. He has a permanent “where are we now” expression on his face. So long as his Dad is close by, he is happy. ❤️

Posted on 10/12/2019 13:39

Yes - she just wants constant attention! That's why she loves caravanning - because we're always 'there'! She gets so excited for two or three days before we go away - she always knows something is happening and doesn't finally settle until she's in the car.

Why I felt sorry for her - was that to all intents and purposes we were off in the van again - and after 8 hours in the car - where do we end up Dad?  At home!undecided

Wherenext replied on 10/12/2019 14:10

Posted on 10/12/2019 14:10

Couldn't agree more Richard with your view of some of the posts. It's driving people away from posting.

Glad the trip went well. Good job it wasn't today. Had to laugh as I read that you had to let your Cockatoo out for a run on the beach. undecidedlaughing

Miserable day here. Had to get MiL to pick up library books from town so that they could weigh her down when she was out and about. We had to return to Mrs WNs garage near Cheshire Oaks today after a trip yesterday to fix a small problem. Unfortunately she left her ear muffs there and she doesn't go anywhere without them. Helps her Neuralgia enormously.

huskydog replied on 10/12/2019 14:42

Posted on 10/12/2019 14:42

I think my cars have it in for me today , I needed to go in to town ,got in my main car and the battery was deadyell, ok ,I’ll use the other one , started it and now when I turn the steering wheel to the left the horn sounds surprised, so disconnected the horn and will have to sort them both tomorrow undecided

JVB66 replied on 10/12/2019 15:01

Posted on 10/12/2019 15:01

There was a very red sky when out with Rosa this morning, then it clouded over and quite heavy rain,did some shopping and wind started to strengthen ,and now back there are quite high gusts tugging at the awning even though it is on the Lee side of the van frown

New 12mile 3 lanes of A 14 opened yesterday and all came to a stand in the evening with the first accidentsurprised

richardandros replied on 10/12/2019 15:33

Posted on 10/12/2019 15:01 by JVB66

There was a very red sky when out with Rosa this morning, then it clouded over and quite heavy rain,did some shopping and wind started to strengthen ,and now back there are quite high gusts tugging at the awning even though it is on the Lee side of the van frown

New 12mile 3 lanes of A 14 opened yesterday and all came to a stand in the evening with the first accidentsurprised

Posted on 10/12/2019 15:33

There was here (a very red sky), in East Yorkshire, this morning - and true to form it's blowing a stink here at the moment. Still, we're tucked up inside with a lovely log fire in the wood-burner, so all's well.  Just pleased we weren't caught out in this, towing the van back yesterday.

Hope you survive the storm intact JVB.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook