What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 10/12/2019 16:27

Posted on 10/12/2019 16:27

Locally we've had a lengthy power cut, it's been so stormy I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. One good thing, the power company now texts everyone to let them know what's happening, just for once I was glad we had handed over our mobile phone number. I have to say it's better  than the "old" days when just a few of us lost power (cabling to posts across a field and through trees) now after many improvements the whole village loses power...winkundecided

Takethedogalong replied on 10/12/2019 16:55

Posted on 10/12/2019 15:33 by richardandros

There was here (a very red sky), in East Yorkshire, this morning - and true to form it's blowing a stink here at the moment. Still, we're tucked up inside with a lovely log fire in the wood-burner, so all's well.  Just pleased we weren't caught out in this, towing the van back yesterday.

Hope you survive the storm intact JVB.

Posted on 10/12/2019 16:55

Yep, you were lucky with your tow home yesterday, howling gale up here now. It’s dry though. We have had a very enjoyable day on site, decided not to extend after tomorrow, as I have a lot to do at home pre Xmas. Enjoyed ourselves though, touring batteries are recharged now. Should last until into early January, then we are out again. We are going to have a day with MH at Clumber, between Xmas and New Year, OH can take a bike, while I entertain Mum in MH. Something different for her to do, and it will be warm. She still likes bird watching, so I shall set up a feeder, see what nibbles we get!😁

KjellNN replied on 10/12/2019 18:29

Posted on 10/12/2019 18:29

Terrible weather here all day, fortunately seems to be improving now.

We had to go out at 8am as I was due for a scan at 9am, traffic was very bad, we only had 4 miles to drive yet it took 50 minutes.  A lot of surface water, huge puddles in some places, it looked like it would be touch  and go getting through them in the Smart, but it sits higher than you might think.

Then I had to return later for the rest of the scan, so we waited at DD's house then OH drove me back and came back later to pick me up again, by which time one car had succumbed to the puddle and a second had decided not to risk it.  OH took it very slowly and arrived safely.

The Christmas cards are now written, but defrosting the freezer will have to wait.....we both fell asleep in our recliners!

milliehull replied on 10/12/2019 21:23

Posted on 10/12/2019 21:23

Terrible weather here as well today, rain and high winds. Very dark as well so lights on all day. More rain forecast 😫. Glad to hear that those away or travelling have coped OK so far. I hope it continues. I hope the result of your scan is good Kj.

We had a rehersal for a combined schools concert in the Cathedral this morning and then OH and I went to see youngest grand-daughter in a sing-along nativity at her school this afternoon both of which cheered up a miserable day. Our Museum Society lecture this evening was about opium consumption in the 19th century. Apparently the population in The Fens were by far the highest users! It has been a varied day 😁.

nelliethehooker replied on 10/12/2019 21:29

Posted on 10/12/2019 21:29

Good to hear R&R and NTH had safe trips yesterday, horrible towing in wind and rain.

Thanks, TG. We're glad that we'd decided to come across yesterday, instead of today which has been both wet and windy at times, although not as bad as was forecast.

We did manage a couple of dry walks, one this morning by Ox Beck, near Aldi, and then another longer one along the estate road by Ripley Castle this afternoon. Rain again this evening so I guess another wet walk before bed tonight.yell

Oneputt replied on 10/12/2019 22:31

Posted on 10/12/2019 22:31

Our Museum Society lecture this evening was about opium consumption in the 19th century. Apparently the population in The Fens were by far the highest users! It has been a varied day 😁.

Those folk have always been spaced out Millie 🀣πŸ₯³

milliehull replied on 11/12/2019 08:32

Posted on 11/12/2019 08:32

HD. I had to laugh about the horn on your car going off whenever you turned the steering wheelπŸ˜‚. Hope you find the problem.

Brue, isn't progress wonderful! The power networks must be very pleased with themselves now that the whole village goes off rather than just a few people πŸ€” I hope you have your power back on now

Cornersteady replied on 11/12/2019 08:55

Posted on 11/12/2019 08:55

well a lot can happen in less than 12 hours. I'm writing this in Amsterdam airport waiting for a connecting flight to Florence, sadly it's not a pleasure trip, a much loved relative has passed away. But she had a full life and her claim to fame was she once shook Mussolini's hand!

brue replied on 11/12/2019 10:41

Posted on 11/12/2019 10:41

Hope your onward connections went OK Corners, no doubt a sad but lively family gathering awaits you. 

My phone is on the blink and CT is confusing enough just now so have a good day one and all, we have had a few hours of sun this morning, hooray! smile

Takethedogalong replied on 11/12/2019 11:42

Posted on 11/12/2019 11:42

Glorious day here. Amazing full moon last night, I had a look around at 3am and Site was lit up as though there were lights all around. We are packed for the off, had a smashing little break, nicely rounded off by a lovely meal in pub last night, and a very competitive round of Pool. Reliving our misspent youth! Beverley beckons on the way home, should be nice.

Safe journey Corners, sad to lose someone, but helps if they had a good long life, full of fun and love.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook