What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 11/12/2019 13:02

Posted on 11/12/2019 13:02

Up very early this morning for a trip in the darkness to Wrexham for a scan. Nice decorations in some of the places en route. Everyone on time but it's still 4 hours of my life I'll never get back. Supposed to be a short wait for results.

Commiserations Corners. Pity the lady didn't shake his neck instead! Best wishes for a safe trip.

Oneputt replied on 11/12/2019 13:55

Posted on 11/12/2019 13:55

Frosty start to the day but been bright and sunny🌞

Hope the scan goes OK WN.  Travel safe Corners.  

Been really busy so far, cleared office then cut a whole slew of kindling wood.  Out this evening to our Scout group Carol service at a lovely little church.

replied on 11/12/2019 14:16

Posted on 11/12/2019 14:16

Delivered the local Christmas cards and some token Presents. Caravan all packed ready for Friday. Got to check tyre pressure and wheel torques tomorrow after voting. Delivered local cards. Grandsons Christmas presents and youngests birthday present packed in car boot in place of our camping chairs. Having a glass of scotch to fortify me before wrapping OH's Christmas presents. I hate wrapping. Then some filing to do and maybe a second scotch before prepping tonights food. 

DavidKlyne replied on 11/12/2019 15:22

Posted on 11/12/2019 15:22

Margaret had a lunch date today but it was cancelled as everyone seems to have colds, including Margaret. We did the Christmas decorations instead including a few outdoor lights.  Can't complete with a local estate where in one close all the residents make a big thing of Christmas Decorations and over the years have raise tens of thousands of pounds for the local Hospice. 

David

Tammygirl replied on 11/12/2019 15:55

Posted on 11/12/2019 15:55

Slightly better weather wise today, still rain on and off but at least its not persisting it down like yesterday, the wind has dropped too. Think we are going to get a frost tonight. 

Busy with housework this morning, getting it all clean and sorted ready to put up the dec's at the weekend.

Then it was over to the hotel to help with the 'oldies' Christmas lunch club meal and presents.

Back home and a 2hr phone call from a friend that I used to work with. She lives in another village a few miles away on the other side of the A9 we chat on the phone every couple of months, we both spend time coming and going so don't often get to meet up. They have been down to London to help their DIL and son who have just had another baby. Lots of stories to share and a few good laughs along the way.smile

Plumber now here sorting out a problem radiator which keeps leaking. House starting to get chilly so I hope he is finished soon. 

WN hope the scan went ok and the results are good. OH has to go fro a CT scan at some point but no date yet as to when.

JVB66 replied on 11/12/2019 16:05

Posted on 11/12/2019 14:16 by

Delivered the local Christmas Presents. Caravan all packed ready for Friday. Got to check tyre pressure and wheel torques tomorrow after voting. Delivered local cards. Grandsons Christmas presents and youngests birthday present packed in car boot in place of our camping chairs. Having a glass of scotch to fortify me before wrapping OH's Christmas presents. I hate wrapping. Then some filing to do and maybe a second scotch before prepping tonights food. 

Posted on 11/12/2019 16:05

After years of checking wheel nut torques,we have used Milenco "tell tales"  which then only needs a quick glance at each wheel after each journey to note if any of the markers are off centre,smile

JVB66 replied on 11/12/2019 17:12

Posted on 11/12/2019 17:12

Frosty start to the day ,but soon got a bit warmerand sunny and is now raining

Sad day on Nene  park as one of the three 100yrs+Elm trees outside the visitor centre is in very poor condition because of eventually contracting Dutch Elm disease,  and to try to  save it, they have been taking off numerouse large boughs, it does look "naked" now, if it not successful it will be made into a sculpture similar to the "Guardian "at the park entranceundecided

ABM replied on 11/12/2019 17:36

Posted on 11/12/2019 17:36

Seem to recall reading somewhere recently that caring folk are working hard on organising Elm trees to start cross breeding . This is supposed to be a good move in the "Protect Our Elm Trees " movement.  I suppose It would be marginally more productive than discussing whether its more fun 'vanning over here or over there   ( Sneaky little  giggles fit in nicely there  laughing )

Seriously for a moment -->  Just  had a peep out to the eastern sky and it's clear, close to freezing but with a gorgeous glowing full moon.  Could even be a base for a lovely Christmas Card but for the Houses in between.  { Now where has Brian heard such sentiments voiced before   undecided   ?? }

Cornersteady replied on 11/12/2019 19:26

Posted on 11/12/2019 19:26

Thanks for you kind comments TDA, WH, Oneputt and Brue, very much appreciated. Been a busy day going from one official place to another, I was amazed to find I was named as an executor and the bureaucracy here is astounding, often needing a notary for most documents, and all in different places. And the traffic and amount of people about is amazing.

Still a lovely spring like day with 12C and little wind. Yes tonight will be a lively night with plenty of Chianti, the thing is the meal isn't till 9pm, I'm normally in bed by then. 

KjellNN replied on 11/12/2019 20:17

Posted on 11/12/2019 20:17

After what TG said recently about waiting times for a CT scan, I was very surprised that after being referred by our GP in mid November, I was given an appointment with the Endocrinologist for 2nd December, who said I would get a scan appointment within 6 weeks, and I actually got a letter almost immediately for the CT scan yesterday.

Nothing major, just a parathyroid check as my blood calcium level is a bit high.  

Great service from local NHS.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook