What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 14/12/2019 14:50

Posted on 14/12/2019 14:50

Mums tree is a ritual. Stuff on there going back 80 plus years. Younger stuff includes one of my first toys, my newborn bootees and a teething ring! Old Westling balls are incredibly fragile, lethal if the break😱

Two last pressies bought today, got three more to make (jewellery) and then done.

Hoping I’ve got a date with Mr Humble himself (Jose M) in New Year, fingers crossed we can get tickets now. Makes Frenzy Day look a cakewalk.......

ABM replied on 14/12/2019 15:19

Posted on 14/12/2019 15:19

Just filling in time with a bit of keyboard surfing on here -- recovering from a rather different type of 'collapse'  to others thankfully !!  Had a very light lunch, opened the post and found the second but much superior  magazine for steam traction nuts laughing. Had a quick browse before getting the afternoons work done but only finished the sandwich, half cup of coffee and just a tiny nibble of the cake remnants before I  'dropped off' . Now I'm an example of the non too mobile  aged generation ! Definite crick in the back with it's brother in my neck so I'll be under going  therapy in front of a warm fire for the rest of the afternoon  smile.

Seriously David K What do your Doppler Tests  ( D T ' s surprised ?) involve please. The reason I ask is because I have a six monthly discussion with diabetes clinic nursing staff. They do the usual foot checks on me but I'm sitting in a normal chair & they are on their knees ( as is only right of course )  prodding & jabbing away.  I am sure this is not good for them when  there is a normal  surgery type bed on which I could  perch with them working at normal seat height, with no strain on either of us.  But what do I know, I'm only the patient  wink

cyberyacht replied on 14/12/2019 15:59

Posted on 14/12/2019 15:59

Seem to have been chasing my tail for the past couple of days. Thursday evening the lights fused. Investigating yesterday revealed that one of the ceiling fittings had been collecting water from the roof leak and had shorted it all out. Doubtless exacerbated by the delusion quantities Disconnected, dry it all out, give the hole through the ceiling a good shot with the OH's hairdryer. Lining the fitting back up for the holding screws was a ten-handed job though.

Another visit to my tame garage man has confirmed that the airbag ECU on the MH needs some TLC so we are going to deal with that in the new year.

Then to cap it all the new phone I bought for the OH on the net won't charge so I've had to return that.

Finally, I was collared by the vicar for a 'dress-up part' as a 'wise man' for the second carol service on Monday week.( Talk about mis-cast) We have to have two sittings to get everyone in.

What was it Mark Twain said - life is what happens when you trying to do something else.

Goldie146 replied on 14/12/2019 16:19

Posted on 14/12/2019 16:19

We've got a tree (from a local farmer this afternoon), but it will stand naked until next weekend. We've cut back this year - only one real tree downstairs (as we've no family staying overnight until after the New Year). We will be putting small artificial trees (with lights of course) in the four bedrooms at the front. Easy to do - as we just fold them up a bit and shove in a cupboard in the relevant room. Whether the lights survive is always a surprise. 

Presentwise I just have to get some cash for the Grandchildren (to put in tiny mugs with their names on). Gone are the days when I knew what to buy them. 

brue replied on 14/12/2019 16:23

Posted on 14/12/2019 16:23

We managed to keep a  pot grown tree going for the last couple of years but it died a death in the summer. So we're doing the same again with a different type of fir tree to see what happens. smile

Takethedogalong replied on 14/12/2019 16:38

Posted on 14/12/2019 15:59 by cyberyacht

Seem to have been chasing my tail for the past couple of days. Thursday evening the lights fused. Investigating yesterday revealed that one of the ceiling fittings had been collecting water from the roof leak and had shorted it all out. Doubtless exacerbated by the delusion quantities Disconnected, dry it all out, give the hole through the ceiling a good shot with the OH's hairdryer. Lining the fitting back up for the holding screws was a ten-handed job though.

Another visit to my tame garage man has confirmed that the airbag ECU on the MH needs some TLC so we are going to deal with that in the new year.

Then to cap it all the new phone I bought for the OH on the net won't charge so I've had to return that.

Finally, I was collared by the vicar for a 'dress-up part' for the second carol service on Monday week. We have to have two sittings to get everyone in.

What was it Mark Twain said - life is what happens when you trying to do something else.

Posted on 14/12/2019 16:38

Oh do tell CY.....what is your dress up part?😁

Tammygirl replied on 14/12/2019 19:24

Posted on 14/12/2019 19:24

Firstly thank you to those who have sent good wishes to BIL, OH went to see him this morning and he is much improved. They are talking of him going home on Monday. Big sis couldn't visit him today as she is full of the cold so not allowed. Its her birthday tomorrow.

I had a lazy morning today, still not feeling 100% really tired but at least the sick feeling and dizziness has gone. Felt a bit better after lunch so got the tree down from the attic along with all the dec's for it. Tree now in situ looking good even if I say so myself, had a little help from next doors cat, best fun I've had in awhile. laughing A few other items have been placed around the house to make it look festive but we don't go overboard.

Weather has behaved itself today don't think we've had any rain at all smile can't be sure as I haven't been out the door for 2 days.  

Still haven't got my cards done.embarassed

nelliethehooker replied on 14/12/2019 20:06

Posted on 14/12/2019 20:06

It has been horrible up here, periods of heavy rain and sleet all day. We've finished writing our card so they are ready to post. Managed a couple of short walks with Flyte without getting too wet. He must have hurt one of his legs yesterday as he was hopping rather than running about and wasn't keen to go too far, so he's had plenty of time to rest his leg today. Our last night at Harrogate before we move up to Teeside tomorrow.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook