What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 26/02/2021 13:32

Posted on 26/02/2021 13:32

A truly lovely spring-like day here. Very warm in the sun but chilly in the shade. I'm eating a sandwich lunch in the garden bliss. First time this year, haven't even managed a cuppa before.

Still feeling jab reaction effects, I certainly don't want the full blown job thanks! It's been 9 full days now and it's pulling down my mood ๐Ÿ™.

Put the dog in day care again she seems to enjoy it and comes home tired, just what I need ๐Ÿ˜€. Managed to do a couple of loads of washing - bedding dried and away now towels blowing gently. Did some admin work, that mounts up! Booked car's 1st MOT what happened to those years? Given up now as don't have the courage to tackle the renewal forms, all 30 pages!, for attendance allowance. Will have to gird my lions over the weekend as got an telephone appointment with Age Concern Tuesday  to cover any bits I'm unsure of. When we 1st applied we had a lovely man come out and go through it all with us - not allowed in the current circumstances, but still expect a 2 hour conversation ๐Ÿ˜ฑ although it is 'easier' this time alledgedly............

One of those pesky delightful fluffy clouds has just covered the sun ๐ŸŒฌโ„hope it shifts quickly, I'd forgotten it was February.

Nice to read of folks plans, we are not making any and will take our chances if we can at some point. If nothing else bed and board for harvest/baby help looks promising. I so miss not having our motorhome and self contained accommodation, so few dealers around here, I keep my eyes open and know what I want to check out in the flesh come the revolution. I just want to sit and chat, outdoors will do, face to face with folk. I've added lots of reflexology treatments, so many cancelled. Waiting to hear from the hairdresser as Monday's appointment won't happen.... that's enough planning for me for now.

DIL growing next generation rather well, too much fertilizer?, and is to have a consultant scan next week, still 6 weeks to go but off the scale ๐Ÿ˜ฑ bump-wise, trying to be a laidback as they are...... 

Right lunch over time for slow potter around the edges of the grass.

Tinwheeler I want an automatic, thanks for the heads up. I've got no clue on them at all....

Wherenext replied on 26/02/2021 14:53

Posted on 26/02/2021 14:53

Beautiful morning. Had to go down to town to pick up my foot moulds (not a saying I thought I would ever be makingundecided) so decided to walk. Arranged an appointment with Chiropodist for next week. He'll do a double check, firstly with my feet and then with my wallet.

Picked a library book and dropped one off. Only C&C at moment but elderly lady in a bit of a state as she wanted to browse and couldn't so asked the librarian to check her reading habits online and choose some books for her which the friendly librarian agreed to.

Bought Mothers Day card. Remember all of you mothers to drop subtle (or not as the case may be) about the day, 14th.March or maybe threaten to check the contents of your will.smile

Decided to have a takeaway coffee and sat on church steps in sunshine enjoying the near normal experience of it.

Back home to defrost back up mini freezer and sort out some admin, including Mrs WNs car insurance.

Wherenext replied on 26/02/2021 14:58

Posted on 26/02/2021 14:58

TG Why not compromise and have a tour of Kent and if all well with abroad (which I doubt) take the tunnel across for a fortnight or so. You could always stop in Yorkshire etc. on way down. Just a thought.

KjellNN replied on 26/02/2021 15:26

Posted on 26/02/2021 12:13 by Tinwheeler

Automatic - no problem. Check out the current Fiat Ducatos. Proper 9 speed TC boxes.

3500kg with 4 on board- big problem.

Posted on 26/02/2021 15:26

Yes, weight is the problem,  although 2 of the 4 would be children.

Tinwheeler replied on 26/02/2021 15:47

Posted on 26/02/2021 15:26 by KjellNN

Yes, weight is the problem,  although 2 of the 4 would be children.

Posted on 26/02/2021 15:47

....who will grow and who need clothes, food and the bits and pieces of everyday life.

Your heart wasn't in it last time, Kj, and I suspect you're still not convinced it's a good idea. I think you have too many variables and imponderables in the mix and need to do a shed load of research into what's available. 

Cornersteady replied on 26/02/2021 16:38

Posted on 26/02/2021 16:38

The best day of the year so far, frosty to start with but then up at 10C at midday. A lovely ride out in the back lanes around Beamish before talking the old faithful path back home.

Takethedogalong replied on 26/02/2021 17:04

Posted on 26/02/2021 17:04

Same here Corners, but without the frost. We were a bit later in the day than we had hoped, but enjoyed our first ride out together this year. We had planned to do canal towpath into Sheffield, but one of the gates across the path has inexplicable been padlocked without a decent detour, so we ended up doing a different ride. That involved a lot of hills (it ain’t flat round us๐Ÿ˜•) but we had a lovely couple of hours out. Love the road signage, we have some proper Yorkshire names on some of our roads, must remember to take some photos. Do you use Strava?

Cornersteady replied on 26/02/2021 17:58

Posted on 26/02/2021 17:04 by Takethedogalong

Same here Corners, but without the frost. We were a bit later in the day than we had hoped, but enjoyed our first ride out together this year. We had planned to do canal towpath into Sheffield, but one of the gates across the path has inexplicable been padlocked without a decent detour, so we ended up doing a different ride. That involved a lot of hills (it ainโ€™t flat round us๐Ÿ˜•) but we had a lovely couple of hours out. Love the road signage, we have some proper Yorkshire names on some of our roads, must remember to take some photos. Do you use Strava?

Posted on 26/02/2021 17:58

well I have it but I'm so slow, or rather I just stop when anything interesting reveals itself that Strava would have to run backwards (or at CAMC speeds) to track me. I do use Garmin and Garmin connect to record my route along with a few notes afterwards.

Yes I wonder who thought that name up, I couldn't see any Cranberries or bogs, and really it wasn't a road either.

Takethedogalong replied on 26/02/2021 18:42

Posted on 26/02/2021 18:42

We don’t subscribe to Strava, but it’s useful for recording rides, looking at a bit of basic data such as climbing profiles and other bits and bobs. It automatically pauses if you don’t keep moving. 
We need to start a general cycling thread, post photos and other bits of interest in there๐Ÿ˜

DEBSC replied on 26/02/2021 19:01

Posted on 26/02/2021 19:01

A beautiful day here in Devon. During the week I managed to book tickets for Nat Trust Arlington Court. We took our disabled granddaughter in her wheelchair, in our bubble. She hasn't been able to get out for a while. We all had a lovely time, lots of plants just poking through, birds all singing. We even managed our first takeaway coffee since this started, sitting in the sun. We all came away feeling so much better.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook