What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 26/02/2021 19:14

Posted on 26/02/2021 19:14

Absolutely gorgeous day here after early morning frost so we went for a long (for us 😁) walk. So good to be out. We wstched the swans having a wonderful time taking off, flying around and then landing on the lake. It was a great sight. Gosh their wings make quite a sound as they fly overhead.

Going back quite a few pages on here I agree with WN as I dont like uncertaintly either. The only certainty at the moment is uncertainty as we are not really sure where we are going to be able to go and when. One certainty is that our planned short trip in March is now cancelled. We have quite a few things booked but who knows? Added to all this is the fact that I am waiting for a cataract op and have been told that I will have to have a covid test if and when I do get the call and then self isolate 😧. Also I dont know when I will hear about my second covid jab. I am finding it all very unsettling. 

RedKite replied on 26/02/2021 19:41

Posted on 26/02/2021 19:41

We lost our sun until later today due to very thick fog this morning and a lot cooler, so did a bit of painting around a few areas inside and a bit more to do tomorrow, then will sort caravan out as we have decided as we are not away in it for awhile we will have a few nights in it just for a change of scenery in the garden on our own site ha ha.

As to the vaccine here looks like it will be April for our age group 65 to 74 years but only 3 weeks between 1st jab and 2nd hence not going anywhere yet as cases have gone up again too many folk out and about with school holidays and the PM said more news next week some areas are on weekend lockdowns for the next two weekends and may have more from next weekend just do not need another lockdown, they have tighten up on the curfew with the local gendarmes driving around at night time even around here.

May go out for a drive and picnic on Sunday if weather stays sunny as we know a few places away from the touristy areas.

Tammygirl replied on 26/02/2021 19:41

Posted on 26/02/2021 19:41

We've had a lovely day here today to, sunny and warm enough to work outdoors without a jacket.

OH tackled a bit of DIY outside also managed to get him to shift some of the old wood from past projects smile

I tackled the back garden, or some of it. I turned over the soil and tidied up the largest of the beds, then crawled underneath the big hedge and the silver birch trees to rake out the leaves. That corner now looks great,  the crocus and snowdrops are out and the daffodils are in big clumps ready to open in a couple of weeks.  If tomorrow is as nice as today I should get the long back border done.

This afternoon we took the bikes out again and did another 5 miles. Chilly as we went out the top of the village where its a bit more exposed to the wind coming off the hills, they are still covered in snow so the wind is cold.

Back home and we decided to have a nice cuppa sat in the caravan embarassed it was nice and warm in there being south facing all day.

WN, thanks we had thought of that but decided that should we not be able to get over to France in the Autumn, then Kent and the south of England would be our choice destination. I've got the Wirral booked for a few days in June, pretty sure we will manage to get some sites/CLs booked on the way down and back, if it was July or August then maybe I wouldn't feel the same. OH reminded me that last year we went away in July/August without booking in advance and didn't have a problem. 

Kj although we love our MH it does not have the space the caravan does, especially in the bathroom. Ours is 6.36m long just a bit longer than the caravan. The cab seats turn round and we do have a small round table for that area so can eat there no loss of space,  our beds are 6ft long and can be slept as singles or huge double either across or down the van. Its cosy for 2 but I would imagine a bit of a squeeze with 2 young children. I think it true to say most MH's have a compromise and its usually the bathroom.

JVB66 replied on 26/02/2021 19:50

Posted on 26/02/2021 19:50

Very hard frost this morning and also misty over some of the lower fields ,but was rising and it  has been quite warm since ,

many people have been out last couple of warm days, and the amount of litter has also increased, noticed more discarded face masks .also noted by another dog walker who suggested they  may have come from our local CoOp ,giving masks to those who want to use the store but do not have a mask?

brue replied on 26/02/2021 20:26

Posted on 26/02/2021 20:26

Interesting to hear about the vaccine in France RedKite, hope you get yours on time.

B2, hope you feel better soon, I had all sorts of strange after effects from the jab, I think they've finally gone?! Hope the booster works out better than the first, we'll make sure we're both at home, not rushing off around the time it's due. 

I know how challenging the attendance allowance forms are, I did three, my Mum, my Aunt and my Mum's friend but it was worth the struggle, in fact I don't think there's too much to worry about with anyone who has serious health problems it's just daunting at first when the forms are in front of you!

Millie hope it won't be too long before you hear about the op.

Nice to hear people have been out and about. It's been lovely here today after early heavy frost and fog. OH went solo fishing, first time since last year. I've ordered a few plants on line and have got lots of seeds to sow...two mice in the greenhouse had a feast on the first lot of peas and beans...re-homed to a nearby field. 🐭🐭 smile

milliehull replied on 26/02/2021 20:46

Posted on 26/02/2021 20:46

Attendance allowance!! Gosh I remember sorting it out for MIL many years ago. I sat up into the early hours sorting it out as I darent leave it in case I lost my train of thought. We won in the end - I think. Luckily I had a friend who was sorting it out for her Mum at the same time and we helped each other negotiate it. Iam not sure whether it is harder or easier now. Good luck Bakers2. I also hope you feel better soon.

Wherenext replied on 26/02/2021 20:51

Posted on 26/02/2021 20:51

I've got the Wirral booked for a few days in June, 

TG, give me shout when you are down there as I'll let you buy me a pint if we happen to be around.smile Only about 20 minutes drive from us. We have some of the first part of June pencilled in for a CL in the Peak District and towards the end we take MiL away for a fortnight to 2 cottage stays so you may be lucky and find us away.wink

Tinwheeler replied on 26/02/2021 20:59

Posted on 26/02/2021 20:31 by KjellNN

Thinking of something this sort of size, or a little bigger

https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/motorhomes/swift-escape/

quite a few manufacturers have similar layouts.

Ideally low mileage, maybe 2-3 years old, but automatics are not so common.

Would be interesting to see one once we can travel again

Posted on 26/02/2021 20:59

The new autos were only launched in 2020. Earlier autos were automated manuals and I’d not touch them.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook