What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 26/02/2021 21:06

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:06

I remember having to sort one out for MiL when FiL was ill and staying here. When he moved into a Nursing Home I rang the department to tell them to stop the payments and that we had received a further payment that we needed to repay. I was told over the phone that the payment was in arrears so not owed back to them.

Well, we had an official visit from the Services and an official letter accusing MiL of fraud. She was in tears and totally distraught. I sent a letter with chapter and verse naming the person I spoke to, the date and the exact time and asked for a recording to be made a available to me and a full written apology to boot. Within 1 week we had an official letter and full apology from a Senior CS but it left a bitter taste.

Make sure you always get names, dates and times of any telephone calls Bakers.

DEBSC replied on 26/02/2021 21:09

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:09

I remember sitting at the computer doing the Attendance Allowance for my Dad, just towards the end it all crashed. I sat up till one am doing it all again. So tired the next morning I was late to visit him,he had such a go at me for being late. It wasn't his fault, his dementia was just starting, but I'll always remember how upset it made me. Sometimes very difficult caring for a parent. As for the forms - slowly and surely gets you to the end of the questions. 

KjellNN replied on 26/02/2021 21:24

Posted on 26/02/2021 20:59 by Tinwheeler

The new autos were only launched in 2020. Earlier autos were automated manuals and Iā€™d not touch them.

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:24

Thanks for the info, might be some secondhand ones around in 2022 or 2023.  Something new  would be nice, but the bank balance has to be  considered!   Will continue on line research meantime.

Bakers2 replied on 26/02/2021 21:27

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:27

Thanks for your good wishes, I'm sure these reaction effects will pass. Actually I phoned our lovely chemist and had a whine, I then called in and bought the suggested tonic and took my first dose tonight. Pharmacist says anecdotally hearing more side effects with AZ and hopefully means its simulating my immune system - also added that 2nd dose tends to be more reactive šŸ˜±. If this tonic works, I'll ensure I have some to hand for 2nd jab. I certainly wont be planning much for a few weeks after!

Went on to collect dog from day care, big hold up which I was able to skirt around from the queue that was forming as I joined. Don't know what but heard, at the dog day care, 2 fire trucks and 2 ambulances at road crash šŸ˜¢. I suspect the day care staff may have a later end to their scheduled day. Dog happy and tired and has eaten a really good meal. She's jolly fussy and rarely eats anywhere near her correct amount. I reckon she won't starve herself so don't over worry. I had a daughter who ate little and eventually read that only in the west did we have the luxury of worrying that our child wasn't eating enough - that put it in perspective!

I did look at the AA form briefly, and am cheered to know I can do the first 3 pages without over taxing my brain, name, address NI number, etc has he been out of the country etc etc. 27 to go I quit whilst I was ahead šŸ¤£. I do understand they need to ensure money is correctly allocated but its daunting even when you know its deserved....... A very sad story on our local news tonight, an 8 week old baby brain damaged in hospital, damaged eventually awarded. Suitable home purchased to accommodate her needs, sadly she died, aged 9 years, sooner than expected and damages acted in for, so authorities have put in  reclaim of 1/2 million pounds. But that leaves the family with insufficient funds to buy anything else, nothing to rent apparently and not qualifying for social housing. So sad on top of everything they've gone through.

We had a very heavy frost, apparently -3 one of the coldest areas according to the forecast tonight, expecting the same tonight šŸ˜±ā„šŸŒ¬

Wherenext replied on 26/02/2021 21:27

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:27

Meant to wish Millie good luck with getting her Cataracts sorted. Maybe ask for a large Magnifying Glass for Mothers Day instead of the chocolates.

robsail replied on 26/02/2021 21:39

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:39

I think the powers at large like to make forms such as AA and ESA long and convoluted so that it puts you off filling them in!

The ESA form asks a short question, the answer takes half a page!

So I sympathise with form fillers!

The broken tooth was extracted yesterday by the dentist couldn't repair it! So soft food is the order of the day!!

MH: hope the cataract procedure goes well!

Bakers2 replied on 26/02/2021 21:44

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:06 by Wherenext

I remember having to sort one out for MiL when FiL was ill and staying here. When he moved into a Nursing Home I rang the department to tell them to stop the payments and that we had received a further payment that we needed to repay. I was told over the phone that the payment was in arrears so not owed back to them.

Well, we had an official visit from the Services and an official letter accusing MiL of fraud. She was in tears and totally distraught. I sent a letter with chapter and verse naming the person I spoke to, the date and the exact time and asked for a recording to be made a available to me and a full written apology to boot. Within 1 week we had an official letter and full apology from a Senior CS but it left a bitter taste.

Make sure you always get names, dates and times of any telephone calls Bakers.

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:44

Wherenext I was Civil Service trained, telephone notes are clear with names dates times etc...... and I rarely throw 

That was a very nasty experience  you did well to get an apology in writing. I remember dealing with DHSS years ago on behalf of my dad and being told by delightful person on the other end of the phone when asking a why question ' I don't know I come in I do whatever I'm asked to do and go home' šŸ˜±šŸ˜±. I took it further but gave up in the end without a satisfactory outcome šŸ˜¤šŸ˜¤

It seems that attitudes are little changed these days either, guilty until YOU prove you're innocence with these identy theft universal credit claims. DSS are reclaiming by deducting money from salaries! Radio4 moneybox has had several articles about it. Some folk are losing money but can't sort as they can't pass the security questions because they didn't set it up. Hours and hours on the phone, no right of appeal. So stressful and frustrating.

Bakers2 replied on 26/02/2021 21:47

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:39 by robsail

I think the powers at large like to make forms such as AA and ESA long and convoluted so that it puts you off filling them in!

The ESA form asks a short question, the answer takes half a page!

So I sympathise with form fillers!

The broken tooth was extracted yesterday by the dentist couldn't repair it! So soft food is the order of the day!!

MH: hope the cataract procedure goes well!

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:47

Spoken by someone who knows. I presume you have to redo them every couple of years? My sympathies. 

Hope the hole where you tooth was heals swiftly and painlessly.

robsail replied on 26/02/2021 21:58

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:47 by Bakers2

Spoken by someone who knows. I presume you have to redo them every couple of years? My sympathies. 

Hope the hole where you tooth was heals swiftly and painlessly.

Posted on 26/02/2021 21:58

You  guessed correctly every few years as if the condition is going to get better.....no it doesn't!

brue replied on 27/02/2021 08:20

Posted on 27/02/2021 08:20

Looks like another nice day here, more fog and frost but sun on the way.

Going to spend time cleaning and clearing inside the motorhome, removing stuff we don't need. 

Kj it sounds too complicated trying to find a motorhome to suit all, try looking for one that will suit you as a couple with maybe extra berths, the family will adapt and grow and you can't plan for everyone. Too many possibilities.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook