What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 08/04/2021 18:21

Posted on 08/04/2021 18:03 by ABM

So  ??  Do you all qualify as Small Adults Then  ??

Posted on 08/04/2021 18:21

You been on the "funny" pills again Brian?

In answer to "largist" question we both sit midway in our recommended BMI range. So there.smile

Plus neither of us has to shop in the childrens section (just).

brue replied on 08/04/2021 19:54

Posted on 08/04/2021 19:54

I've just been watching the canal journey on BBC 4, tonight's journey from Stratford into Birmingham covered the place where OH's bargee grandfather was born and worked and also one of my grandfather's canal side work places. My sister has a wooden stool made from wood floating in the canal outside my Grandpa's works, one of the men had a side line in making furniture from the flotsam. Nice programme although the broken locks going into Birmingham put me off attempting the same trip.

Bakers2 replied on 08/04/2021 20:05

Posted on 08/04/2021 19:54 by brue

I've just been watching the canal journey on BBC 4, tonight's journey from Stratford into Birmingham covered the place where OH's bargee grandfather was born and worked and also one of my grandfather's canal side work places. My sister has a wooden stool made from wood floating in the canal outside my Grandpa's works, one of the men had a side line in making furniture from the flotsam. Nice programme although the broken locks going into Birmingham put me off attempting the same trip.

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:05

We've just watched it, first time I've known it was on and the last one! Well check out the others on catch up.

How lovely to have a family connection, it looked interesting. Wonderful that your sister has the stool too. 

I've fancied a trip on the canals but those locks put me off those canals at least, especially if it's a hired boat!

Takethedogalong replied on 08/04/2021 20:12

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:12

Mum wrangling day for me. Hair wash and primp, then glad rags on for a jaunt out in the Jeep. Standards have to be maintained, and even a ham sandwich sat in car watching new born lambs requires a carefully coordinated ensemble😂 We drove up M1 to Stockbridge bypass, onto Woodhead, but turned off to go over Strines, out by Ladybower, brief call into Nursery just outside Hope (the most appropriately named village in England at the moment🤣), back round via Longshaw Estate, then skirted Sheffield to head home. Dinner cooked for all of us, dropped Mum home, pooch walked and I am now cream crackered!
Seen a few camper vans out, being used as day vans. Lots of preparation for outdoor eating going on at all nice pubs we passed. Fingers crossed all the touristy shops have a good Summer🤞

Tammy, it’s amazing the things you have to think of for elderly folks. We used to get decent slippers for Dad from Pavers. They do some decent wrap around stuff that won’t slip off and become a trip hazard.

Takethedogalong replied on 08/04/2021 20:18

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:05 by Bakers2

We've just watched it, first time I've known it was on and the last one! Well check out the others on catch up.

How lovely to have a family connection, it looked interesting. Wonderful that your sister has the stool too. 

I've fancied a trip on the canals but those locks put me off those canals at least, especially if it's a hired boat!

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:18

We keep thinking about it. Sowerby Bridge and Hebden Bridge aren’t too far from us, and we had a good look around barges. There are hire places on the Grand Union at Warwick as well. Not a cheap holiday though, and does require effort around locks. I think it would be a bit too laid back for me at the moment, I do like to get some walking and cycling in when away. 

Wherenext replied on 08/04/2021 20:27

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:27

Saw a couple of barges going down the Shropshire Canal yesterday when over near Llangollen. Nothing to stop you doing a bit of that Ttda.

I can recommend quite a few walks from the canal and cycle rides and a few interesting historical places to visit. Anything from Ellesmere to Llangollen would be good for a 4 day hire.

There used to be a Carzvan salesman that worked for Harringtons in Delamere. Asked him one day what outfit he had. He wouldn't trust any caravan he said with a smile but did have a barge that he used on the Leeds-Liverpool canal. He was right about the caravan he sold us.yell

nelliethehooker replied on 08/04/2021 20:31

Posted on 07/04/2021 22:26 by Bakers2

Nelliethehooker you were only supposed to blow the doors off 😱

I'll get my coat. Night all

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:31

B2, I know I should have said inflated instead of "blew up" but couldn't spell it!! 😁

nelliethehooker replied on 08/04/2021 20:41

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:41

But is that a "Plus" WN? Less VAT on children's clothes and there's often a bargain to be found in the children's section as my OH knows full well!😁

nelliethehooker replied on 08/04/2021 20:58

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:58

A successful afternoon/evening on the phone. After our original energy supplier went bust, at the turn of the year, the Energy Regulator instructed EDF to take over the customers,  We had not heard from them, a bit like WN and his supplier, so phoned them up today and have been assured that everything is in hand and we will receive our contract in due course. As we will be away, probably, when it arrives we have been provided with a contact number to phone next month to get details of account etc. Then this evening contacted one of the CLs we are to visit next trip as we'd had an email requesting payment up front to make payment (reluctantly as things stand 're Covid at present).  However that's not the case and was told just to pay on arrival, provided if course that we are allowed to travel into Wales next month.

Wherenext replied on 08/04/2021 21:05

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:41 by nelliethehooker

But is that a "Plus" WN? Less VAT on children's clothes and there's often a bargain to be found in the children's section as my OH knows full well!😁

Posted on 08/04/2021 21:05

Must admit that the way things are going with ever increasing sizes and the lower end of the scale difficult to find we may very well end up there.

When does Mrs Nellie's probation finish?smile

I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been an announcement allowing the marauding hordes in yet. We'll probably find ourselves on a "Firebreak" by the time you get to Wales.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook