What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 11/04/2021 20:54

Posted on 11/04/2021 20:54

Safe travels moulesy. Hope all is well. Have a great time. 

Safe travels to mr and mrs WN as well.

We have no immediate plans as I am still waiting to hear about my cataract op🤔. We are looking forward with hope to meeting up with our N Ireland son and family at Staithes in July.

Francis replied on 11/04/2021 21:00

Posted on 11/04/2021 21:00

• A strange day here weather wise too. We took our day van out a drive along the coast to Ayr beach which was very busy but nice to see people out enjoying the sun. We made a cup of tea and just sat in the van enjoying the view and got an ice cream from the little cafe. Our plan was to head home and have a BBQ but when we got home the snow started and it was freezing so that plan was abandoned it’s now pouring 3 seasons in one day from ice cream in the afternoon to coats in the evening lol. Checked the caravan battery when we got home which was showing a bit low so have plugged the van in to charge the battery up next weekend will be cleaning out the inside of the van ready for the off at the end of this month can’t wait. Good luck to all heading out this week 

Takethedogalong replied on 11/04/2021 21:06

Posted on 11/04/2021 20:29 by milliehull

Evening tda. No sorry it is not open for general visiting just the nave for private prayer usually 12.00 - 2.00 but extended for a few days this week for people to pay their respects to the DofE. No general visiting or tours until at least the 17 May. I would imagine Ely will be the same sadly but they might have more info on  their website. Sad times.

Posted on 11/04/2021 21:06

That’s disappointing Millie, but not really surprised. We shall visit another time. Many thanks for the information.

M, hope you have a good break down there in Cornwall, been a tough few months for you👍

milliehull replied on 11/04/2021 21:26

Posted on 11/04/2021 21:06 by Takethedogalong

That’s disappointing Millie, but not really surprised. We shall visit another time. Many thanks for the information.

M, hope you have a good break down there in Cornwall, been a tough few months for you👍

Posted on 11/04/2021 21:26

Yes tda I do hope you will visit another time. It would be good to see you. Hooefully life will get more cheerful soon. I am doing some revision with my  guiding mentor in the hope that the tours will resume before too long. I hope you enjoy your trip wherever you decide to go.

nelliethehooker replied on 11/04/2021 22:40

Posted on 11/04/2021 22:40

Safe journey to all those that are setting off tomorrow, we will be doing so a couple of days later.

Completed waxing the car this afternoon, after having given Flyte a well needed bath. Will hoover it out tomorrow and put the caravan on charge, like you Francis.For most of the day we had sunshine with a cold breeze, but like other had a short snow shower, but not sufficient to cover the ground. Some of the Lakeland Fells, the Howgills and Whernside were wearing a snow cap from the snowfall over the last few days.

Takethedogalong replied on 11/04/2021 22:44

Posted on 11/04/2021 22:44

It’s a good job you didn’t mix those two up Nellie...Bath the car, and wax the dog🤪Safe travels for your next tour, we are off as well soon, jabs permitting.

DEBSC replied on 12/04/2021 09:30

Posted on 11/04/2021 20:40 by moulesy

We are packed and ready for the "big off" tomorrow morning, leaving early with the hope that the traffic will not be too chaotic. It is almost exactly 4 months since we came home from Cornwall having heard that my brother had died; Dad's gone too now so a sad few months but really looking forward to a new beginning now. We are fortunate in that our neighbours have been on site throughout keeping an eye on things for us, so all should be ok (but I'll breathe a bit easier once I've turned the water on without discovering any great disaster!)

Best of luck to all who are travelling tomorrow or in the coming weeks - better times have arrived, but let's all just remain vigilant, keep ourselves and everybody else as safe as possible. smile

Posted on 12/04/2021 09:30

Hope you have a good journey moulesy, and enjoy Cornwall, the weather looks set fair for this week, so have a good break. Always a bit of a worry the first visit after winter. We were going to ours today but change of plan, concerned the traffic and site would be busy. Also we would have had to rush back for our second jab appointment. Itching to go and see our new/second hand van for the first time. We need to unpack everything that we boxed up last autumn. Like you our lovely neighbours are keeping an eye on it. They have just sent us photos of our new decking. I can't wait. 

JVB66 replied on 12/04/2021 09:55

Posted on 12/04/2021 09:55

It started snowing this morning when out with Rosa very frosty windscreens being clearedsurprised

A lot more out early with their dogs before going to work?

Yesterday afternoon met a couple i had not seen for months, dogs had not forgotten each other ,during conversation found out they both had been doing long hours him from mostley home doing IT ,and her at work as a micro biologist at Imperial College in South Kensington,and had been commuting by train some times seven days ,

She was quite upset by the way some had "latched on" to reports of blood clots, causing the vacine programme to "falter" as she said social and other types of media are really only telling what will make headlines ,not what should really be "out there" and said all the new vacines will have an effect on tiny amounts of people but the side effects of others had yet to be identified

And as she said no one queries when they buy paracetamol,which amongst others,  can be in a Few  give far more negative side effects

Rufs replied on 12/04/2021 10:10

Posted on 12/04/2021 10:10

Lawn had a covering of snow early on, but all gone now and glorious sunshine, not actually going away until 1st week in May, but not too bothered, will have coffee in the caravan when i return from walking pooch laughing Caravan almost ready to go, some of the bulky stuff awning etc we store in the garage so that we can use the caravan for guests etc, but it is all in a cage in the garage so no real problems moving to caravan. 

ABM replied on 12/04/2021 11:49

Posted on 12/04/2021 11:49

Good Post LockDown Morning Everybody  smile .

Up late today but no fretting, still remembered the URGENT JOBS !!

All done correctly and in due order, so now I'm waiting a phone call by w/end from pharmacy to say my latest  bucket load of medications is awaiting collection,  and then I can check with Senior Chief Pharmacist  as to which painkillers are advised for me to use before I go to my newest Appointment  at the baaa-baaa-barbers a fortnight tomorrow afternoon laughing.

Snow covering all now gone, but bird bath still a bit firm on top 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook