What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 12/04/2021 21:50

Posted on 12/04/2021 21:50

Good to hear that both M and WN have arrived at their respective destinations safely and enjoyed pleasant walks. Hope other that have set off today have arrived without incident.

OH had her visit to the hairdressers this morning, so that's a weight off her mind!!😁 Like JVB we picked up sufficient medication to last our trip away, pills for her and beer for me.😉 Just a couple of appointments at the dentist tomorrow and a quick visit to the shops for perishables and that should be us right for the off.

Takethedogalong replied on 12/04/2021 22:02

Posted on 12/04/2021 21:32 by nelliethehooker

The way predictive text works on this Kindle it's a wonder I didn't.kisslaughing

Do you have a date for your next jabs, and where are you planning to visit?

Posted on 12/04/2021 22:02

No jab dates yet, OH is due his second before end of month. We have Ferry Meadows on the agenda first, just looking at places to visit while in area, or travelling there and back. Might do Barnsdale if I can twist OH’s arm. Been putting a few things in MH, only one of two more odds and sods to sort out now. Really looking forward to a trip away, but with our luck, I bet the jabs appointments turn up. No matter, it’s why we chose somewhere not too far. We have Warwick Racecourse booked next month, again not far because of possible jab dates. Then it’s a long cottage trip in June, up to Borders.

Hope you all have a good safe time. M, if you are in Matlock area, can recommend a visit around Cromford Mill, and a walk along Cromford Canal👍 Haddon Hall isn’t far either, and we love it more than Chatsworth, lovely gardens, very old. 

milliehull replied on 13/04/2021 08:36

Posted on 12/04/2021 22:02 by Takethedogalong

No jab dates yet, OH is due his second before end of month. We have Ferry Meadows on the agenda first, just looking at places to visit while in area, or travelling there and back. Might do Barnsdale if I can twist OH’s arm. Been putting a few things in MH, only one of two more odds and sods to sort out now. Really looking forward to a trip away, but with our luck, I bet the jabs appointments turn up. No matter, it’s why we chose somewhere not too far. We have Warwick Racecourse booked next month, again not far because of possible jab dates. Then it’s a long cottage trip in June, up to Borders.

Hope you all have a good safe time. M, if you are in Matlock area, can recommend a visit around Cromford Mill, and a walk along Cromford Canal👍 Haddon Hall isn’t far either, and we love it more than Chatsworth, lovely gardens, very old. 

Posted on 13/04/2021 08:36

Can I suggest a stop off or a trip out from FM to Easton Walled Gardens TDA? It is just off the A1 near Coltsterworth just south of Grantham. It is one of our favourite places. Yes Barnsdale is good as well. The Gardens of Surprises and Sculpture Garden is open at Burghley as well.

milliehull replied on 13/04/2021 08:44

Posted on 13/04/2021 08:44

That looks idyllic moulesy. Hope you have a lovely fortnight. You deserve it after your sad and difficult time recently.

Glad you arrived safely WN..Hope you have a good time as well.

Glad your OH has had her haircut nellie. I am having mine cut tomorrow 😁. Have a good and safe trip. Hope everyone else venturing forth soon  has a good time.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/04/2021 10:11

Posted on 13/04/2021 08:36 by milliehull

Can I suggest a stop off or a trip out from FM to Easton Walled Gardens TDA? It is just off the A1 near Coltsterworth just south of Grantham. It is one of our favourite places. Yes Barnsdale is good as well. The Gardens of Surprises and Sculpture Garden is open at Burghley as well.

Posted on 13/04/2021 10:11

Will take a look at Easton WG Millie😁 Thank you for that one could be perfect for travelling down or going home. We considered Burghley, I have been before, but wait wait to do house as well. We intend rejoining Historic Houses this year, so will hope it’s still part of that scheme. 👍

cyberyacht replied on 13/04/2021 10:34

Posted on 13/04/2021 10:34

It was minus two when I got up this morning at the C&CC site at Salisbury where we arrived yesterday via the weigh bridge near home. Only 40Kg to play with although I have couple of chunks of timber, supposedly for the warned of slope, but not required and a bit of kit that I'm passing on to the OH's niece for their new PVC. So about 50Kg which isn't much once we can head "over there" again for some cheap plonk. Dare I encourage OH to go on a diet? Dangerous times.

milliehull replied on 13/04/2021 12:23

Posted on 13/04/2021 10:34 by cyberyacht

It was minus two when I got up this morning at the C&CC site at Salisbury where we arrived yesterday via the weigh bridge near home. Only 40Kg to play with although I have couple of chunks of timber, supposedly for the warned of slope, but not required and a bit of kit that I'm passing on to the OH's niece for their new PVC. So about 50Kg which isn't much once we can head "over there" again for some cheap plonk. Dare I encourage OH to go on a diet? Dangerous times.

Posted on 13/04/2021 12:23

I dont suppose you will be able to bring back much plonk from over there now CY. Presumably we will be restricted to the amount we could bring back in the old days before we joined the EU.

milliehull replied on 13/04/2021 12:36

Posted on 13/04/2021 10:11 by Takethedogalong

Will take a look at Easton WG Millie😁 Thank you for that one could be perfect for travelling down or going home. We considered Burghley, I have been before, but wait wait to do house as well. We intend rejoining Historic Houses this year, so will hope it’s still part of that scheme. 👍

Posted on 13/04/2021 12:36

Burghley House is still in the HHA scheme at the moment TDA as is EWG.Once the houses open we have a good number of nice ones in this area. Deene Hall and park and Elton Hall are 2 good ones. When you come to FM you might like a trip out to Kirby Hall. The hall isnt open yet but the grounds are and you can get a good look at the outside which is magnificent. It is Elizabethan. English Heritage run it now.

Beautiful sunny day here. Clear blue sky. It was chilly first thing but is really quite warm now. The garden beckons. Not sure whether for  sitting or working 😁

brue replied on 13/04/2021 12:52

Posted on 13/04/2021 12:52

OH is cleaning the roof of the MH, got himself a new long handled brush so all ok, he doesn't have to walk on the roof (I think, I daren't look...)

Lovely sunny start to the day but still chilly and losing lots of new growth due to heavy overnight frosts. Just hoping the emerging fruit blossom doesn't get hit, it could be one of those years when things don't go to plan outside. Last year was wonderful with the lovely warm weather, not so good this time.

Nice to hear of trips to gardens, especially if they're non booked ones which makes visiting so much easier.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook