What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 13/04/2021 12:55

Posted on 13/04/2021 12:23 by milliehull

I dont suppose you will be able to bring back much plonk from over there now CY. Presumably we will be restricted to the amount we could bring back in the old days before we joined the EU.

Posted on 13/04/2021 12:55

Already in place Millie I think. A restriction by our own Government rather than the EU, they had the choice of being more generous!!! Having said that our tastes have been moving towards New World wines in recent years and they are not so widely available in French supermarkets. Given that we get some good offers in our own UK supermarkets I am not convinced it will make much difference. There is only so much wine you can drink!!! We haven't been abroad with the van since 2016 and I am uncertain whether we will again, have to see how next year pans out?

David

Francis replied on 13/04/2021 13:15

Posted on 13/04/2021 13:15

Just for info just been an announcement by the FM that cross border travel should be able to resume on 26th of this month. I know there were a few of you considering trips up here soon but were reluctant to book but it looks like you will be ok 

Rufs replied on 13/04/2021 13:47

Posted on 13/04/2021 12:23 by milliehull

I dont suppose you will be able to bring back much plonk from over there now CY. Presumably we will be restricted to the amount we could bring back in the old days before we joined the EU.

Posted on 13/04/2021 13:47

Reports of severe frost in France that has decimated the vineyards so not a lot of wine about to buy i guess.

Very cold last night and still quite chilly although glorious sunshine, many in the Solent swimming this morning but after watching a programme on the tv last night as to what gets dumped into our rivers from sewage works illegally dumping, I will now wild swim with caution, and I see Japan are now going to pollute our oceans even further

"Japan has announced it will release more than 1m tonnes of contaminated water from the wrecked Fukushima nuclear power plant into the sea, a decision that has angered neighbouring countries, including China, and local fishers."

always said the temp of the Solent went up 10 degs when the power station opened the sluice gates, fortunately it has now closed and is going to become a leisure park laughingOh! happy days

Wherenext replied on 13/04/2021 18:54

Posted on 13/04/2021 18:54

Had a super day out today.

Drove to Gregynon Hall, not far from Newtown but a bit further inland into Powys. It's changed hands a few times and the Hall isn't yet open after Covid opening but you can wander around the large estate, which we did, for a good 6-7 miles. They have a wonderful Apiary of over a Million Bees, some ponds, where we espied a Yellow arum, and open woodland where we had a good days birdwatching. Anyone in the area then it's worth a visit as you'll only be charged a car parking fee of £2.50 at the moment.

It was warm this morning with some sun but a bit cloudier in the afternoon. Back home for a shower and beer.

Still just us on site but think it's changing tomorrow.

RedKite replied on 13/04/2021 19:38

Posted on 13/04/2021 19:38

Nice to see folk are enjoying their breaks away, we are painting the kitchen cupboards about halfway after today's stint will be glad to see it done but the colour makes the kitchen lighter and matches well with the tiles. Had a sharp frost am and then sunny all day but still chilly, did manage a walk this afternoon to clear my head from painting although this paint has no smell which is unusual. Oh will get ride on mower out next week to make 1st cut on the field but have asked to leave an area for the wildlife it is an area he does not like mowing much so he is happy with that idea.

Friends of ours had their first jab yesterday and some more friends have booked theirs for 1 day after ours next week as they are in the next age group to us, at last we are speeding up and even a drive through further south from here starting today.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/04/2021 20:37

Posted on 13/04/2021 12:36 by milliehull

Burghley House is still in the HHA scheme at the moment TDA as is EWG.Once the houses open we have a good number of nice ones in this area. Deene Hall and park and Elton Hall are 2 good ones. When you come to FM you might like a trip out to Kirby Hall. The hall isnt open yet but the grounds are and you can get a good look at the outside which is magnificent. It is Elizabethan. English Heritage run it now.

Beautiful sunny day here. Clear blue sky. It was chilly first thing but is really quite warm now. The garden beckons. Not sure whether for  sitting or working 😁

Posted on 13/04/2021 20:37

Great information thanks Millie👍 Some I haven’t heard of there. We rejoined HHA this morning, superb service, we now have scannable temporary downloads on my phone, so can use at Easton. I think we might leave Barnsdale for later in year, and do a trip based around spending a couple of days there, OH can take his bike around Rutland Water if he gets floral overload😂 We are in CADW, so Kirby Hall would be a free visit as well for us.

We are like big kids here at the moment, can’t wait for the off🤩

KjellNN replied on 13/04/2021 20:38

Posted on 13/04/2021 13:15 by Francis

Just for info just been an announcement by the FM that cross border travel should be able to resume on 26th of this month. I know there were a few of you considering trips up here soon but were reluctant to book but it looks like you will be ok 

Posted on 13/04/2021 20:38

Yes, great news that we can finally travel, means we can now visit our son and family in Ayrshire, not been there since last July.

He has a drone, it has crashed and broken 2 rotors, plus needs some soldering, so he has invited us down so I can bring my small soldering iron!

We were going to have to wait till after the 26th, but can now go on Saturday if it suits them.  DD, Callum and Nathan will come too......Daddy is watching football.......uncle and auntie are keen to meet their new nephew.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/04/2021 21:03

Posted on 13/04/2021 21:03

Timing is everything......OH just had a ping on his phone, inviting him for his second jab😕 All booked for midday Friday, so we are sorted for our trip🤩 Should get my invite for jab two between FM and Warwick trip, so fingers crossed jab timetable keeps on schedule🤞

Wherenext replied on 13/04/2021 21:10

Posted on 13/04/2021 21:10

Good news Ttda. Enjoy the trip. Must admit it was great getting away for the first time in over 6 months last week. The feeling is just as good this week as well.smile

We're both lucky in that we've been given our second jab dates when we had the first one so have arranged things around them, well nearly, as Mrs WNs falls in the middle of a fortnight away but it's only an hour to home and so we'll come home for the night as the jab is just after 9 in the morning.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/04/2021 21:29

Posted on 13/04/2021 21:29

We sort of had an idea when ours might be due, and Docs give us a range of dates and times😁

It must be nearly six months since we last had MH out, other than to get it tested. Heck of a long time. Couldn’t even take it out for day between November and January as we had that blasted scaffolding up in way. She’s fine though, probably glad of the rest😂 
That black and White House in your photo looks very interesting👍

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook