What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 14/04/2021 17:47

Posted on 14/04/2021 17:47

Stained the ballustrades on our decking on Sunday, I was frozen by the time I finished. Today, much warmer, I managed half the floor, might have got more done but for a very heavy hour of rain, then had to wait for it to dry before carrying on. Now of course it's all blue skies. It's not the staining that takes the time it's the cleaning beforehand. On Friday I will hopefully finish the other half, while trying not to disturb the blackbird sitting on her eggs in the clematis in the corner.

Wherenext replied on 14/04/2021 19:15

Posted on 14/04/2021 19:15

Had a booked slot for Powis Castle this morning. Mrs WN itching to do some drawing so I was on coffee and walk around to find something to do so don't annoy me duty, which I dutifully did.smile

There were rather too many numpties there this morning so after Mrs WN had completed her masterpiece we left and found a nice isolated, sort of, walk instead. Came across a pair of Mute Swans and their nest which we could see into as Mrs was off the nest. 7 beautiful but large eggs. we thought "Ow, that must have hurt". Have to get the photo transferred from the phone and see if it's any good as we didn't want to get too close. If it is I'll post it later.

Weather was weird today. We looked out at the hill opposite the CL and there was a bit of low lying mist, then 10 minutes later we couldn't see it. Drove the 4 miles to Powis and lovely sunshine, which stayed for the rest of the day.

Hope Nellie had a good drive down to his first stopover.

Your day sounded good as well Brue. We like Lyme Regis but it does get a bit overcrowded.

Tammygirl replied on 14/04/2021 21:43

Posted on 14/04/2021 21:43

Sounds like you had a good day WN, we went to Powis Castle a few years ago really enjoyed it.

Brue, yes we haven't wasted lockdown laughing it feels good to know that for the rest of the year we can devote to touring laughing just hope nothing goes wrong.

Got my car washed, hoovered and even gave it a polish phew, thankfully its not a big car.

Picked up my new glasses yesterday, purse considerably lighter.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/04/2021 22:13

Posted on 14/04/2021 22:13

Thanks,WN, it was an easy drive down with just a slight detour when we turned off the M6 due to roadworks at the roundabout. Empty site so had choice of pitch. Walk around to Pickmere after lunch and a MH arrived after dinner this evening. On down to The Old Orchard tomorrow.

DSB replied on 15/04/2021 15:33

Posted on 14/04/2021 16:27 by DavidKlyne

Actually ventured into CMK today, JL, Lakeland and M&S so plenty of exercise as the shopping centre is 720 metres long. Still one of the nicest shopping centres in the country. I have obviously missed it in the last 5 months!!! Finally finish emptying the motorhome which goes in for service next week. Last year I was told off for leaving too much junk in the gas lockers, lesson learnt!!! Just got to test the water and heating now.

David

Posted on 15/04/2021 15:33

Our caravan goes in next month for the service, but I have checked most things before our first outing to Grafham Water, so am not envisaging any problems.  Thanks for the reminder of the water.  I'll get the Puriclean out!!  🙂

David

cyberyacht replied on 15/04/2021 16:01

Posted on 15/04/2021 16:01

Not a particularly exciting day. OH had a phone call the day we arrived here at Salisbury advising of an MRI scan appointment. A bit less than all the way home but tedious none the less. Had to be up a bit sharpish this morning too. Car Park wasn't designed for motorhomes so just parked across several cars on the basis that I could move if the drivers returned. Managed to catch up on a few days of Facebook whilst OH was loaded into the torpedo tube. Just have to wait for what the snaps reveal.

Wherenext replied on 15/04/2021 16:24

Posted on 14/04/2021 21:35 by ScreenName074F9347CD

Rushden lakes? 

Posted on 15/04/2021 16:24

No, Montgomery Canal.laughing

What a smashing day, again. The CL owner has printed and laminated several walks in the area and we borrowed one today. There is a Beacon that sits atop on a local hill, the hill being called The Long Mountain. So we did a 6 mile circular walk taking in the beacon which is sited next to an old hill fort, dating back nearly 2700 years.

It was a sunny day and the views can only be described as magnificent. First half looking westwards taking in the Black Mountains to the south, Cadair Idris and Snowden straight ahead and the Berwyn Range to the north. On the return it was all Shropshire from The Wrekin past Caer Caradoc to Long Mynd. Stunning. Best walk we've done in ages with a lung bursting climb thrown in.

Skylarks, Red Kites, Ravens and loads of Buzzards.

Back for a shower and a chat with the owner who stopped the traffic on the main Welshpool by pass to rescue a Tawny Owlet that was sitting in the middle of the road. Police came along and helped. Apparently everyone was supportive so well done her.

Home tomorrow.😢😢

milliehull replied on 15/04/2021 16:45

Posted on 15/04/2021 16:45

It sounds like you have had a wonderful few days away WN. Glad to hear that nellie's trip has started well also.

Another beautiful day weather wise, Chilly but clear blue skies.  It must have been cold overnight though as the water in the bird bath was frozen solid first thing.  The diary is filling up fast! Walk with son and 2 grandsons on the last day of their school holidays tomorrow. Next week - dentist appt, coffee in the park with a friend and another day lunch in a friend's garden. Also 2 birthday presents to deliver. Hair cut yesterday - I feel like a new woman!!

CY I hope the results of your OH's MRI scan go well.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook