What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 15/04/2021 17:12

Posted on 15/04/2021 17:12

Newly hatched baby blackbird laying dead on the decking this morning. I think the mother must have accidentally flicked it out when she left the nest. She still seems to be sitting on eggs. A visit to Homebase and Dunelm, neither seem to have many staff working, especially Dunelm. Needed nets for the bedroom Windows in the new caravan. No one working on the cutting space, then the chap who eventually arrived didn't have a clue. Surprised as many customers waiting, busy, as you would expect after so long being closed. Maybe staff still furloughed.

moulesy replied on 15/04/2021 19:55

Posted on 15/04/2021 19:55

Good of Boris & Matt to have organised great weather to coincide with the first bit of lockdown lifting! 

We've had lovely warm sunny days but cold overnight with a touch of frost this morning and a cool breeze. smile

So far we've been catching up with a bit of maintenance on the van, but today we went down to St Agnes (sob story alert! frown) and did one of our favourite walks along to Chapel Porth passing the buildings of Wheal Coates mine and then along the valley circling back round over St Agnes Beacon where, for a very moderate effort, the views are tremendous along the coast past Perranporth beach to Trevose Head in one direction and down beyond St Ives the opposite way.

(And now for the sob story - having stood in a long, long queue at the bakery I got to the hatch to be told, sorry only 1 large steak pasty left and there's a 10 minute wait for medium ones.   Plenty of "vegan" ones though! So we had to make do with sharing the one steak pasty available and supplementing it with an abomination called a "cheese pasty"! Bet Ginsters don't do them.  laughing )

brue replied on 15/04/2021 20:24

Posted on 15/04/2021 20:24

Lovely walks Wherenext and Moulesy. Heard on the local weather forecast that our clear cold skies are due to Arctic weather which gives us longer distant views. I was looking skywards today, impressed by the deep blue above and the cloud formations, then I spotted a Swallow, a liitle bit earlier than last year. I keep a little notebook of our trips, just places and dates and also when I see the first swallow each year.

Handed back visiting dog, his "parents"  had a good stay on Dartmoor.

Elderly neighbours house sale fell through yesterday and the same day they had a new offer and accepted it! Just about managed to sort food order out for them when we go away but not sure about any of our planned longer stays. Maybe the house move will take care of that?

Finally got round to getting carpets up in van, wished I hadn't as it was very fiddly but at least I know things are nice and clean underneath.

Made a Dundde cake to take away, waiting for it to cook, that's me for the day! smile

nelliethehooker replied on 15/04/2021 21:27

Posted on 15/04/2021 21:27

Your walks sound fun, WM and M. We had frost over night but the morning was fine and relatively warm. Easy if relatively slow drive down to Ombersley and arrived to find that the site was nearly full, just our pitch available. We just had a wander round the fields from the site after lunch, before putting up your canopy, which hasn't been used for quite a while.

JVB66 replied on 16/04/2021 08:20

Posted on 16/04/2021 08:20

Quite a differents start to the day as not only have we the frosty start as the last few days but also thick fog this morning

Rosa and I did not meet anyone on oour walk unless we did not see them surprised

Second covid jab today . then off on monday in the van (well local site for a couple of days to make sure it still all works

Then a several site tour of East Anglia,should/may be back middle of Next monthcool

Metheven replied on 16/04/2021 08:49

Posted on 16/04/2021 08:49

Rosa and I did not meet anyone on oour walk unless we did not see them surprised

I agree, I think they were hiding 👍

JVB66 replied on 16/04/2021 09:44

Posted on 16/04/2021 08:49 by Metheven

Rosa and I did not meet anyone on oour walk unless we did not see them surprised

I agree, I think they were hiding 👍

Posted on 16/04/2021 09:44

I think even the trees were doing that this morning ,the squirrels were  ,wink

brue replied on 16/04/2021 11:14

Posted on 16/04/2021 11:14

Enjoy your trip JVB, hope your booster goes well.

We're off soon, will be glad to get away.

Frosts every morning this week, had to protect some plants, it has really knocked a lot back. Quite different from last year, sitting outside in the warmth, listening to the birds! 

Takethedogalong replied on 16/04/2021 12:08

Posted on 15/04/2021 19:55 by moulesy

Good of Boris & Matt to have organised great weather to coincide with the first bit of lockdown lifting! 

We've had lovely warm sunny days but cold overnight with a touch of frost this morning and a cool breeze. smile

So far we've been catching up with a bit of maintenance on the van, but today we went down to St Agnes (sob story alert! frown) and did one of our favourite walks along to Chapel Porth passing the buildings of Wheal Coates mine and then along the valley circling back round over St Agnes Beacon where, for a very moderate effort, the views are tremendous along the coast past Perranporth beach to Trevose Head in one direction and down beyond St Ives the opposite way.

(And now for the sob story - having stood in a long, long queue at the bakery I got to the hatch to be told, sorry only 1 large steak pasty left and there's a 10 minute wait for medium ones.   Plenty of "vegan" ones though! So we had to make do with sharing the one steak pasty available and supplementing it with an abomination called a "cheese pasty"! Bet Ginsters don't do them.  laughing )

Posted on 16/04/2021 12:08

One of our favourite walks as well M, really interesting. We used to go for a swim, then climb back up onto cliffs, there’s a lovely little hidden sun trap comprising old mine working walls, off the main paths. Spent hours there dolphin and seal watching. Is the “Hedgehog Ice cream” hut still there? I can taste a Croque Rosemary now😋

Ginsters do turn out a Cheese Pasty, but it’s only for the brave😂 Philps however do a delicious version👍

moulesy replied on 16/04/2021 12:08

Posted on 16/04/2021 12:08

Another gorgeous morning. The weather this week has been pretty predictable - bright but frosty starts, then warming up in the morning followed by cloud cover coming in around lunchtime then all clear and sunny again by late afternoon. And forecast to continue that way and get warmer over the next few days. smile

Have been catching up with a few jobs this morning, off for a walk down to Holywell Bay this afternoon and booked for Trellisick tomorrow. 

Still avoiding any close contactvwith others as far as possible but in some ways the lockdown seems a very distant memory now! smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook