What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 13/10/2021 22:20

Posted on 13/10/2021 22:20

ABM thanks for the info that SpecSavers don't accept old glasses at the moment. It will save me taking mine in when I go in for my appt next week. Glad your appt has gone well so far.

WN thanks for the heads up for the parking arrangements for HHA members at Sandringham.

JVB glad to hear that you had such a successful walk into the city centre and back. You will have to let the site wardens know 😁

ABM replied on 13/10/2021 22:30

Posted on 13/10/2021 22:30

I'm not saying that ALL branches of SS don't accept recycling donations, MillieH, only that the one in Crewe doesn't .  It might be worth a phone check first  wink

JVB66 replied on 14/10/2021 08:40

Posted on 14/10/2021 08:40

We have an older fit in the car boot electric buggy ,that we brought with us as well as OHs that we purchased recently,, some one on site wanted it untill we asked for a donation,  to give to a charity,,  which they suddenly did not want it,undecided

Does anybody know of a charity that would a take it, to sell as  we are not prepared to give it away, to those not willing to a donation, ,as it is good condition  frown

Tinwheeler replied on 14/10/2021 08:56

Posted on 13/10/2021 22:30 by ABM

I'm not saying that ALL branches of SS don't accept recycling donations, MillieH, only that the one in Crewe doesn't .  It might be worth a phone check first  wink

Posted on 14/10/2021 08:56

Boots aren't accepting them either down here. It's a covid thing.

Wherenext replied on 14/10/2021 08:58

Posted on 14/10/2021 08:40 by JVB66

We have an older fit in the car boot electric buggy ,that we brought with us as well as OHs that we purchased recently,, some one on site wanted it untill we asked for a donation,  to give to a charity,,  which they suddenly did not want it,undecided

Does anybody know of a charity that would a take it, to sell as  we are not prepared to give it away, to those not willing to a donation, ,as it is good condition  frown

Posted on 14/10/2021 08:58

I've always found the Salvation Army will take items that some other charities wouldn't.

heddlo replied on 14/10/2021 09:10

Posted on 14/10/2021 09:10

Covid seems the excuse for everything, surely a pair of old glasses aren’t going to be infected with much and are easily cleaned.  I have just been reading about GP’s getting extra funding to ‘see’ patients, well that would be great here thank you!  We have to complete a tortuous on-line form, most of which is irrelevant to the question we want asking, then, if we are really lucky, we can have a telephone appointment in 3 WEEKS time!!!!  😡. What are GP’s all so busy with??

brue replied on 14/10/2021 12:05

Posted on 14/10/2021 12:05

I looked on line and the only charity accepting specs was Marie Curie (if that info was up to date?)

Another lovely day here, nice if anyone's away round this way. 

Sounds good in your latest area Nellie, there is another CL we keep meaning to visit near Saltash. I have relatives near Millbrook and like that part of Cornwall. Antony House had always been a bit limited, we like walking around Mount Edgecombe. 

Eau de slurry still fills the air, suggested to OH it might rejuvenate us?! wink

Waitrose order today, just one item missing but prices have gone up.

ABM replied on 14/10/2021 12:10

Posted on 14/10/2021 12:10

surely a pair of old glasses aren't going to be infected with much, and are easily cleaned 

quite agree Heddlo - all it takes is a bowl of water and Dettol or similar, then transfer to a sealable bag.  

Brue,  if you can detect the finest traces of  Eau de Poo, then you obviously are not suffering from C19  !!

Wherenext replied on 14/10/2021 15:17

Posted on 14/10/2021 15:17

Walking off the excesses of yesterday's lunch. So we took ourselves off to Blakeney to walk around the marsh to Cley. I dropped the ladies off at Blakeney church then drove to park in Cley and walked back to Blakeney to eventually catch them up half way around the marsh path.

The weather certainly blew any cobwebs we had away. Felt quite autumnal. Crab sandwiches for lunch.

MiL and OH now popped off to Holt as there are a couple of shops they haven't as yet visited! Unbelievable but true.😂

JVB66 replied on 14/10/2021 15:24

Posted on 14/10/2021 09:10 by heddlo

Covid seems the excuse for everything, surely a pair of old glasses aren’t going to be infected with much and are easily cleaned.  I have just been reading about GP’s getting extra funding to ‘see’ patients, well that would be great here thank you!  We have to complete a tortuous on-line form, most of which is irrelevant to the question we want asking, then, if we are really lucky, we can have a telephone appointment in 3 WEEKS time!!!!  😡. What are GP’s all so busy with??

Posted on 14/10/2021 15:24

We wanted a site visit from an enviroment officer of our local LA  but because of covid she was unable to attend , the area  concerned was at least a mile from any whereundecided

Doctors  appointments it seems ,depends on the GP practice as about three weeks ago, I contacted ours at  just before 1300hrs not expecting much m and was told would it be okay that day at 14.20 cancellation ? or not? but great for uscool

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook