What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

moulesy replied on 20/10/2021 17:28

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:28

Good news! We got the car back today; "just" the clutch slave cylinder (?) needed replacing, not the clutch itself, so considerably less expensive than we had expected! smile

Tinwheeler replied on 20/10/2021 17:35

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:35

There is/was a shortage of vaccine here, M. Our surgery planned to start giving the booster at the beginning of this month but the supplies didn't arrive. The program is now underway but, as of this Monday, the first available appointment was 5 Nov. Suddenly, as it hits the media, we get invites from both the surgery and the NHS. You have to wonder…..🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: good news on the car!

milliehull replied on 20/10/2021 17:41

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:25 by moulesy

"Apparently take up of the Covid booster has been slow. I cant understand people. It certainly hasnt gone away."

Millie - as I've posted on the Covid thread, I don't accept the official line that the booster roll out is slow because folk are reluctant. We had the text inviting us several weeks ago and tried for an appointment almost as soon as getting the text. Nothing doing until the turn of the year at least! frown Just about everyone I talk to at home is desperate to get a booster but just can't get an appointment. The surgery says it's due to a shortage of vaccines, which doesn't seem to agree with the official line that 20 million doses are available. At the same time, they are now making it more difficult to get packs of lateral flow tests. With all the figures going the wrong way now, I'm getting a little fed up with the casually trotted out line that things are far better than they were back in January. yell

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:41

Yes moulesy when I went to our local Boots yesterday to get a pack of lateral flow tests I was told that I now need a number and should ring 119 which I did when I got home. That's half an hour of my life that I wont get back 😡. Luckily our GP surgery are giving the boosters so we were able to have ours 2 weeks ago.

Good news about your car.

RedKite replied on 20/10/2021 17:55

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:55

Good news on your car Moulesy and OH a much easier part to fit as on the outside of the clutch.

Our Booster has been booked for 1st December a few weeks ago as it will be just over 6 months since the 2nd jab, also we have both had our letters through to take up the Flu jab vaccine available from 26th so will go into the local Phamacie next week and see what happensthen as they may do the jab there as they have been doing the Corvid one.

Been a lovely warm day here today 26C so a bit more gardening done so upto to date for the moment and weather now clouding over with some rain forecast overnight.

Off shopping in Villefrance tomorrow and we will treat ourselves to a light lunch in the restaurant next to LeClerc which is very good as a lot of workers go there.

Fuel has gone up 1.53 euros a litre diesel dearest we have paid and it would have to be OH's Landcruiser that needed filling up.

brue replied on 20/10/2021 18:20

Posted on 20/10/2021 18:20

Diesel here is around 1.70 in euros RedKite, much higher on the motorways.

Millie, OH went into Boots for test kits and a helpful assistant sent him outside with instructions and he went back in with a code at the ready! A palaver.....

My sister had her Covid booster two weeks ago so I'm hoping we hear soon as their was a similar time gap for us previously. She wasn't very well after it so I'm not looking forward to the event as we both seem to react. She is in on one of the trial schemes and her antibodies have held up well.

Takethedogalong replied on 20/10/2021 18:24

Posted on 20/10/2021 18:24

26c☀️☀️☀️😂 We are up on North York Moors tonight......it’s 6c here🥶 

Tomorrow is going to be very, very interesting. We have a bit of a challenge on.......all will be revealed.....😱

Good news on the clutch M. 

ABM replied on 20/10/2021 18:39

Posted on 20/10/2021 18:39

Took the Ducky for a 'charging Drive' after getting a letter from NHS saying that my Retinopathy checks show slight traces of retina damage pretty much as usual and no action required at least till next years test!   { whooopeee  !!  innocentsmile }

Decided to do a s/market shop on the way home so treated myself to a Sainsbury Hour wink

Absolutely staggered to see two thirds of customers & staff at most  masked up, the check-out lady said its ok now 'cos it's over isn't it  surprised ---- the only saving grace was that they had a couple of bags of pearl barley which the cookers in the family were having difficulty finding.  Somehow I don't think Brian will be back in Sainsbury ( Nantwich ) for a while !

I have an urgent morning visit tomorrow for a 10:30 am Flu jab  at Farmer C  --  back on here then to see if that has cured the 'Service Errors '  { Just page 4656  unaccessible now wink  }

Hope Mrs M got more than a Slave for her Birthday  M  !!

brue replied on 20/10/2021 18:41

Posted on 20/10/2021 18:41

TDA. We must have been looking your way as we did yet another diversion, this time around North Allerton. You're not doing cycle trials up Sutton Bank are you?! wink

nelliethehooker replied on 20/10/2021 18:55

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:25 by moulesy

"Apparently take up of the Covid booster has been slow. I cant understand people. It certainly hasnt gone away."

Millie - as I've posted on the Covid thread, I don't accept the official line that the booster roll out is slow because folk are reluctant. We had the text inviting us several weeks ago and tried for an appointment almost as soon as getting the text. Nothing doing until the turn of the year at least! frown Just about everyone I talk to at home is desperate to get a booster but just can't get an appointment. The surgery says it's due to a shortage of vaccines, which doesn't seem to agree with the official line that 20 million doses are available. At the same time, they are now making it more difficult to get packs of lateral flow tests. With all the figures going the wrong way now, I'm getting a little fed up with the casually trotted out line that things are far better than they were back in January. yell

Posted on 20/10/2021 18:55

Have you tried to get your booster done while you are down in Cornwall, M? We had no problems at all by calling 119, just as JVB has done, and got an appointment that suited us in Penzance.

Glad to read that the garage has managed to fix your motor.

nelliethehooker replied on 20/10/2021 19:09

Posted on 20/10/2021 19:09

Because of "service errors" yesterday I too was unable to post, or read others updates.yell

Visited Forde Abbey after calling in to Chard to get some things that we didn't manage to get earlier in the week. Although we did have some rain it as wasn't enough to spoil our day out.

Today was much nicer, with plenty of sunshine with only an odd shower in the afternoon while we were out. First went to Lyme Regis for an hour's walk along the esplanade and onto the Cobb, then onto the NT's Lambert Hill car park for a walk to Golden Cap, the highest point on the Jurassic Coast, and around the woodland walk. Heavy rain this evening but still quite warm.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook