What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 10/12/2021 12:22

Posted on 10/12/2021 12:22

And I hear that the Little Lost Aeroplane was recovered from the not too deep and briny sea so I assume that has been despatched to the relevant place to wring out the moisture  and get the goodies fully checked, repaired and restored ready for it's summer {2025 or so } holiday cruise !

Take care everybody ~~ cold day in south Cheshire  and showery with it --  Hoping against hope that it is dry tomorrow morning for the Wedding of my Gt-nephew to his Lovely Lady 'cos I've been told I MUST attend, at least till the Photographs are all completed anyway wink !!

Tammygirl replied on 10/12/2021 15:16

Posted on 10/12/2021 15:16

After the last couple of days of cloudy dull and windy weather, today it's blue skies, no clouds, light breeze and warm at 23c 😎

A day to chill out on the terrace and enjoy it. Sorry folks but somebodyh as to do it. 😁

Going for a walk later, we've been checking our daily walks to see how many steps we are doing. Wednesday  was our best so far.

Have a good weekend one and all. 

Rufs replied on 10/12/2021 15:40

Posted on 10/12/2021 09:44 by brue

That's quite a ship Rufs! It's been good to see all the arrivals on local TV.

Posted on 10/12/2021 15:40

Yes she is quite a size, have been onboard, managed to arrange a guided tour with a pilot friend of mine, but that was i guess 12 months ago when she was only doing sea trials in the channel, I did 18 months on HMS Hermes so am quite familiar with aircraft carriers but the Hermes was not quite so sophisticated, Bucanners and Sea Vixens were our main form of defence, we lost a couple of those doing rough weather flying in the Bay of Biscay.

Glad to see not all our ships are in harbour for Christmas, this one is anchored in the Solent , must be very frustrating when you are so near and yet so far from family, and then again they can have parties with little fear of anyone grassing them up laughing

moulesy replied on 10/12/2021 16:49

Posted on 10/12/2021 16:49

We are having a small family get together to remember my brother who we lost to Covid a year ago today. Hardly seems possible that a year has gone by. Tomorrow would have been Mum's 93rd birthday too. So a weekend for remberance. 

Wherenext replied on 10/12/2021 16:57

Posted on 10/12/2021 16:57

Tough one M.

I'll have to arrange a day trip to Manchester shortly as I like to take OH and MiL to the area where OH's father has his ashes scattered. He died a few years ago now but it was the week before Christmas. Haven't been able to do this for the last 2 years due to lockdowns.

brue replied on 10/12/2021 17:12

Posted on 10/12/2021 17:12

Hope the remembrance gatherings bring back fond memories. 

I'm feeling in a limbo over Christmas, wondering if we'll manage to be together in a normal way this year. A bit like the year I got noro virus and Mr Brue was left with enough food for ten! wink (I suppose no-one will starve so it all feels a bit indulgent.)

Bakers2 replied on 10/12/2021 19:59

Posted on 10/12/2021 19:59

Thinking of those remembering loved ones. It's never easy but hope they are able to recall fond memories and happy times. I was similar sutuation a couple of weeks ago, although mum is thought about, and around every day. Sadly the older I get the more remembering days there are in each year 🥲

Brue I'm like you over Christmas, in fact even the weekend before......... Its all beginning to have a de ja vue feeling all round. I have taken the precaution of stocking the freezer with a Christmas dinner for 2 - should it be needed again this year. I felt a bit like Margo, only instead of Christmas being delivered by Harrords it was gathered from M&S 😂.  Fingers crossed 🤞 we will get to spend Christmas with our families.

Been a jolly chilly day here but bright and sunny. I even put a hat on for dog walking, not something I do often. From indoors is looked deceptively calm but I caught a glimpse of the ground level bird bath and saw there was a lot of movement on the surface and wrapped myself up accordingly. Dora declined her waterproof coat so she had to run about. Her paws have been really cold when I wipe them before coming home recently.

'We' visited the loft Wednesday and brought down the Christmas decorations, naturally 'we' managed to leave the container with the candle bridges in the loft so another visit required, hopefully when 'we' return the boxes. Various spanners in works meant that we didn't liberate them until late this afternoon, but we have made a start. More remembering I still have my tree ornament given to me by my Nanna on my first Christmas, which gets pride of place on the tree. This is the 3rd year of us using mum and dad's fibre optic tree, she gave it to us the year before she died and she saw it in situ. Poignant times......

Been watching programmes on channel 5 this week on the Secrets Imperial War Musuems. Fascinating and about the only time I miss work when I see them searching their 'stock'and reading in the store rooms preparing displays or exhibitions. It passes quickly 😂😂

Edit Rufus your image made me smile, I received a shared one that I don't feel I should share here which shows the Queen and Boris with a speech bubble from the Queen.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook