What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 10/12/2021 20:27

Posted on 10/12/2021 20:27

Thoughts are with you and your family moulesy. I hope you all have some happy memories to share. It the  anniversary of when we lost our baby daughter Lucy Kate next Friday. 47 years and it doesn't get any easier. However we are so very thankful for our 3 lovely children and 8 grandchilden. I just hope we can see our 'local' family this Christmas. I think I must do what Bakers2 has done and get stocked up just in case.

Bakers2 replied on 10/12/2021 20:40

Posted on 10/12/2021 20:40

Milliehull I can't imagine losing a baby, life never lived 🥲, sometimes it's very hard remembering those that had lived long and happy lives. I'll be thinking of you and yours.

I whizz into M&S often on my way home after a dog walk, it's on the way and plenty of parking and I like their quality 😉 mask wearing has generally continued when I've been in and it's rarely very busy. But I noticed yesterday that their freezers were certainly emptier than they had been with seasonal items - I think several folks have already stocked up too! Hopefully we'll all be laughing and eating the items well into the new year......

milliehull replied on 10/12/2021 21:11

Posted on 10/12/2021 21:11

Thank you for your kind thoughts bakers2. It sounds as though I need to go and get stocked up with food sooner rather than later!

nelliethehooker replied on 10/12/2021 21:27

Posted on 09/12/2021 21:45 by ABM

??  undecided  ??  What the 'ecky thump do you do with the flies when you have caught them, please  ??

Posted on 10/12/2021 21:27

What do you think, Brian? To quote you we "thump" them of course.

We did get the article, and by chance the sales lady was just going  to chance the price tag on them to a higher price, but she let us have it at the lower price. That's the second consecutive visit there that we've come away with a bargain.laughing

Weather was not as good as forecast, and we had some light showers, but we managed our walks without getting too wet.

ABM replied on 10/12/2021 21:31

Posted on 10/12/2021 21:31

Thank you for your 'guidance and a giggle' Nellie  laughing

Obviously being of such a gentle nature showed up well in your dealings with  the 'sales lady'  wink

KjellNN replied on 11/12/2021 01:10

Posted on 11/12/2021 01:10

DD was here again today and we managed to get the last bits of the garage shelving finished, so hopefully I can get more of my tools and timber sorted out.

OH had Nathan and Callum to entertain, Mummy put some "Thomas the Tank Engine" on for Callum to watch, but he promptly fell asleep, which is almost unheard of.

He woke up when it was time for them to head  home, and promptly threw up over the lounge carpet, which was not good as we had tomato  soup for lunch!

He also had a high temperature, so we are now waiting to see whether this is something else he will have shared with us.  We are OK so far, and the carpet has come pretty  clean.  DD will  bring back our carpet shampooer on Monday to give the whole area a good going over.

Once home, after a quick bath he was dosed with Calpol and was soon sound asleep.  We shall see how he and the rest of us are tomorrow, we are supposed to be going to them on Sunday to celebrate OH's birthday.

brue replied on 11/12/2021 08:51

Posted on 11/12/2021 08:51

Hope you all stay well KJ.

Millie these sad anniversaries are very difficult to endure. As you say you have your family and I hope you all have a good Christmas.

OH has gone out to the local Co-op. I decided I'd make my Mum's trifle at Christmas. She wasn't a memorable cook by any means but her trifle recipe was her party piece. I need tinned strawberries for it and Waitrose has let me down on that score! 🍓

heddlo replied on 11/12/2021 09:30

Posted on 11/12/2021 09:30

We have decided to stay home this Christmas.  Difficult decision as our family did invite us down to Hertfordshire for Christmas, and we would love to see them of course, but it means a stay in the local Premier Inn and that, in the current Covid stage, worries me too much.

Do hope we can get down early next year when we get the caravan out of storage and between my new hip operation.  

Hope everyone having a difficult few days, try to remember the good times with your loved ones, although sadly Millie you didn’t get the chance, so really hard.  

Re - M&S our neighbour called in a couple of weeks ago and she commented on the empty shelves, especially the ready meals as she likes to have a few in over the Christmas period.  Lorry drivers or production issues I wonder?  

JVB66 replied on 11/12/2021 10:36

Posted on 11/12/2021 09:30 by heddlo

We have decided to stay home this Christmas.  Difficult decision as our family did invite us down to Hertfordshire for Christmas, and we would love to see them of course, but it means a stay in the local Premier Inn and that, in the current Covid stage, worries me too much.

Do hope we can get down early next year when we get the caravan out of storage and between my new hip operation.  

Hope everyone having a difficult few days, try to remember the good times with your loved ones, although sadly Millie you didn’t get the chance, so really hard.  

Re - M&S our neighbour called in a couple of weeks ago and she commented on the empty shelves, especially the ready meals as she likes to have a few in over the Christmas period.  Lorry drivers or production issues I wonder?  

Posted on 11/12/2021 10:36

You could bring your caravan to Commons Wood club site  or is that to far from from family?

. Non awning pitches still have availability cool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook