What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

moulesy replied on 11/12/2021 12:21

Posted on 11/12/2021 12:21

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts which we share with others remembering lost loved ones in the run up to Christmas.

heddlo replied on 11/12/2021 12:31

Posted on 11/12/2021 12:31

Thank you JVB.  We usually stay in Ashwell as it’s very close to them.  If they had asked us earlier we may have used the caravan but we don’t tend to use it from November to early March and everything, cushions, carpets, crockery, cutlery in fact anything not tied down gets removed and brought home, then it’s covered and in storage about 5 miles away.   In previous years we have always used the local hotel but just can’t feel comfortable with that at present. Plan B not good enough for me!! 

KjellNN replied on 11/12/2021 13:26

Posted on 11/12/2021 08:51 by brue

Hope you all stay well KJ.

Millie these sad anniversaries are very difficult to endure. As you say you have your family and I hope you all have a good Christmas.

OH has gone out to the local Co-op. I decided I'd make my Mum's trifle at Christmas. She wasn't a memorable cook by any means but her trifle recipe was her party piece. I need tinned strawberries for it and Waitrose has let me down on that score! 🍓

Posted on 11/12/2021 13:26

Thanks brue.  Callum seems to be fine now, slept 13 1/2 hours, had breakfast, and is now helping to put up the  Christmas tree.

DD had feared it could be Norovirus, but now thinking maybe something he ate at nursery.  Everyone else is OK so far.

Miserable day here, very wet, but we do need to go out to pick up my pills.......soon.  Maybe it will stop raining soon. 🤞

milliehull replied on 11/12/2021 18:27

Posted on 11/12/2021 18:27

Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone. We had a nice 'christmassy' day today.  We went to a local small gin distillery so that OH could choose  which gin he wanted as part of his Christmas present.In the same small complex of local artisan producers was a cheese stall so we bought some of that as well.  We then went to our local farm shop and bought some Christmas meat and trimmings to put in the freezer 'just in case' so I think we are mostly prepared if the worst comes to the worst. We have had an email for our local Museum Society today to say that they are reverting to Zoom for the meeting next Tuesday.  We are so glad as we had decided last night that as the meetings are held in a smallish room with not much room for social distancing we would not attend which was disappointing as it is a talk about Oxburgh Hall which we love.  So we are now delighted.

Glad to hear that Callum is feeling better KjNnn. I hope he doesn't pass anything on to the rest of you. Our Grand-daughter is still feeling 'ropey' as a result of Covid - extremely tired and a bad headache.  Hopefully she will feel better in a day or two.

It was a pleasant morning weather-wise but it is now pouring with rain. 

nelliethehooker replied on 11/12/2021 19:04

Posted on 10/12/2021 21:31 by ABM

Thank you for your 'guidance and a giggle' Nellie  laughing

Obviously being of such a gentle nature showed up well in your dealings with  the 'sales lady'  wink

Posted on 11/12/2021 19:04

She was very helpful, although very busy, so I think she just wanted to us to get out of the way. They have moved the shop into the LV showroom, and are no longer carrying the amount of stock that they used to, mores the pity, but I guess it's a sign of the times.

nelliethehooker replied on 11/12/2021 19:13

Posted on 11/12/2021 19:13

Re - M&S our neighbour called in a couple of weeks ago and she commented on the empty shelves, especially the ready meals as she likes to have a few in over the Christmas period. Lorry drivers or production issues I wonder?  

Heddlo, we were in our local Tesco earlier in the week and they have widen some of the aisles, doing away with quite a lot of products, particularly fresh vegetables and fruit, as well as empty compartments in the freezer area.

Wherenext replied on 11/12/2021 19:46

Posted on 11/12/2021 19:46

There you go Millie. A photo of the Church at Oxburgh. We enjoyed our visit there a few years ago now

Glad you got through a difficult day. I have been collating some photos for my nephews wedding next year, family photos that are spread far and wide but I managed to hunt down some that one of my cousins has and it includes the only photo that I have ever seen of the child my parents lost just before her 5th.birthday. As mentioned before she had Spina Bifida so it was a rare opportunity to see my never before seen sibling.

brue replied on 11/12/2021 19:47

Posted on 11/12/2021 19:47

Nellie. In the farming article link that Goldie put on here recently I noted that in the uk we are self sufficient in Swedes...can't remember the rest but I think we need to up our game or expect shopping experiences to change.

Millie. We decided not to go to a recent garden club meeting, small village hall and v chilly at this time of the year with windows open etc. Sad to be missing out but not much we can do. The club tried zoom meetings but it was very expensive and some speakers just couldn't cope with on line sessions.

nelliethehooker replied on 11/12/2021 20:07

Posted on 11/12/2021 19:47 by brue

Nellie. In the farming article link that Goldie put on here recently I noted that in the uk we are self sufficient in Swedes...can't remember the rest but I think we need to up our game or expect shopping experiences to change.

Millie. We decided not to go to a recent garden club meeting, small village hall and v chilly at this time of the year with windows open etc. Sad to be missing out but not much we can do. The club tried zoom meetings but it was very expensive and some speakers just couldn't cope with on line sessions.

Posted on 11/12/2021 20:07

I think this has been discussed on here before, brue, but there are an awful lot of fruit and veg that we will struggle ever to grow in these islands in sufficient numbers to satisfy all year round demand however much we "up our game".

Wherenext replied on 11/12/2021 20:22

Posted on 11/12/2021 20:22

It would be pretty good if we could "up our game" to actually pick the stuff that we do manage to grow though Nellie and then have enough home grown labour to get the stuff to the shelves.  We don't seem to be able to give enough incentives to do that at the moment.frown

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook