What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 02/08/2022 20:50

Posted on 02/08/2022 20:50

Drizzle first thing but it stopped by 10.00 so out into the garden, principally to dig up our Hebe but it's been saved as when we cut it back we found some new growth and some new shoots. So it's had a severe haircut and will be given another chance. Had 40 minutes before a fair bit of rain recommenced so we stopped until after lunch when it had dried up and the sun was out.

The ground was marginally better this morning to work in.

Almost finalised our stops for an autumn tour. Just prevaricating on where to stop for one in the middle.Fingers crossed it will go ahead.

DSB replied on 02/08/2022 22:00

Posted on 02/08/2022 08:05 by brue

Very warm in our part of the country DSB, last night the outside and inside temperatures seemed to match! Hope you enjoy your family visit.

Good to hear your check ups went well ABM, enjoy your walks πŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ!

Posted on 02/08/2022 22:00

Thanks Brue.  Had a good day in Devizes.  Back at Wells now, and have sat outside for most of the evening.  In the caravan now, finishing off the wine...  🀣🀣🀣

David

brue replied on 03/08/2022 09:37

Posted on 03/08/2022 09:37

Well DSB I could say this is just how warm it is round here...see photo. wink

We went to Abbotsbury sub Tropical gardens yesterday morning, hoping also  to enjoy the coast road from Bridport. We couldn't see a thing  as there was a continual sea mist whirling around! The gardens, as usual, looked good except for some very parched plants in some spots. South Somerset and Dorset are still very warm and dry. Interestingly the coastal camp sites etc were busy but not as busy as we thought they might be so the roads were quiet.

DSB replied on 03/08/2022 09:54

Posted on 03/08/2022 09:37 by brue

Well DSB I could say this is just how warm it is round here...see photo. wink

We went to Abbotsbury sub Tropical gardens yesterday morning, hoping also  to enjoy the coast road from Bridport. We couldn't see a thing  as there was a continual sea mist whirling around! The gardens, as usual, looked good except for some very parched plants in some spots. South Somerset and Dorset are still very warm and dry. Interestingly the coastal camp sites etc were busy but not as busy as we thought they might be so the roads were quiet.

Posted on 03/08/2022 09:54

Dull this morning, Brue, but still quite humid.  Hope you enjoyed Abbotsbury.  πŸ‘πŸ‘  We're at Wells Touring Park until Friday morning and there are quite a number of spare pitches.  I think many sites are not as busy as usual.  Our side is full, but opposite us in both directions have spaces....

David

DavidKlyne replied on 03/08/2022 10:18

Posted on 03/08/2022 09:54 by DSB

Dull this morning, Brue, but still quite humid.  Hope you enjoyed Abbotsbury.  πŸ‘πŸ‘  We're at Wells Touring Park until Friday morning and there are quite a number of spare pitches.  I think many sites are not as busy as usual.  Our side is full, but opposite us in both directions have spaces....

David

Posted on 03/08/2022 10:18

David

It looks as if there was never a need for me to book in advance? Perhaps its because its Adults Only so it might not get the same rush as family sites at this time of year? One has to be careful with the angle of photos but the pitches don't seem particularly big either?

David

DSB replied on 03/08/2022 10:29

Posted on 03/08/2022 10:18 by DavidKlyne

David

It looks as if there was never a need for me to book in advance? Perhaps its because its Adults Only so it might not get the same rush as family sites at this time of year? One has to be careful with the angle of photos but the pitches don't seem particularly big either?

David

Posted on 03/08/2022 10:29

We did come here a couple of years ago, in the midst of Covid, and it was really busy...  I wonder if it might be more to do with fuel costs... ??  The pitches are not too big, but they're OK.  They ask for vans to be pitched to the far left (looking at the pitch).  There is ample room for an awning, but the car has to be parked across the top of the pitch...  It works OK, but we do feel a bit close to the caravan next door...

David

Bakers2 replied on 03/08/2022 13:06

Posted on 03/08/2022 13:06

Still very warm here, 26 earlier when I looked,(9 and quite humid despite a brisk warm breeze. This adds to the drying effect on plants! 

Garden looking very seared! I collect any water and give to the flowers in borders and just water my pots, there's still lots as I brought loads to put in my new garden. So far the only in to go in the ground is my flame of the forest which was looking fed up in its pot before we moved. Of course that needs a good soak every other day in these conditions.

Dog's off for a trim, wash and brush up this afternoon and I expect she'll feel more comfy. Feeling very achy, sore throat, headache for past couple of days so bare essentials only. Tested myself but negative thankfully.

Did whoever ?Wherenext, sort out a decent hosepipe? I'm in the market for one. Our non kink, it always has 🀐, now folds itself over . Most infuriating....... Or can anyone recommend one please. Could do with a new storage roll too so if they come together so much the better.

Did pick up all the fallen Victoria plums and picked the ripe ones. Despite giving a lot away I still have half a bucket. As we are at the end of a cul de sac now we get no passing trade, so will have put them our WhatsApp group. Loads more to come!

1Right lunchtime. 

brue replied on 03/08/2022 13:28

Posted on 03/08/2022 13:28

OH and a pal have been busy taking garden debris to the tip, every few weeks we fill up two huge yellow builder's bags with cuttings etc so these have now been emptied. Other stuff gets recycled around the garden and also used to keep the footpath from wearing out.

We have had rain !! had to walk out in it to actually feel it, not enough but at least some fresher air and dampened ground. Forecast for next ten days shows sunshine as usual. 

Hope you recover quickly from your sore throat etc B2. We lost our plum tree but have a damson tree, this year the fruit is promised to a friend who wants to make damson gin for a family wedding...that will keep everyone happy on the day, I think?! wink

Wherenext replied on 03/08/2022 14:33

Posted on 03/08/2022 14:33

Did whoever ?Wherenext, sort out a decent hosepipe? I'm in the market for one. Our non kink, it always has 🀐, now folds itself over . Most infuriating....... Or can anyone recommend one please.

Hi Bakers, it arrived late this morning! Ordered it online from D.W.Tool Shop who turned out cheapest. Just an ordinary Hozelock but with a 50 metres hose, in order to have enough to do the caravan around the corner. You can get smaller lengths. Took 2 working days to come. Good quality hose as well.

Will give it a spin later tonight.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook